'Crysis 3' not coming to Wii U due to lack of "business drive"

#101lazycomplifePosted 1/7/2013 2:44:57 PM
kissdadookie posted...
lazycomplife posted...
Pawkie07 posted...
lazycomplife posted...
Looks like Nintendo denied their crappy game.

Crysis belongs on a PC.

U mad bro?

Why would I be mad? The first game was a PC benchmark, and the second game was made for consoles. The sequel messed up any reputation that Crytek had. Even if this game was on Wii U, nobody would buy it. Nintendo fans know quality when they see it. Go play 360 if you want your crappy shooters.

WTH are you talking about. It's as if you have not bothered playing the game! The first Crysis was like FarCry. The second Crysis was basically like MGS. How has the reputation that Crytek have had been tarnished? They made a better game with Crysis 2, there was more of an actual game in Crysis 2 than there was in the first Crysis.

For goodness sakes, the first Crysis apart from introducing an open world flavour into FPS and also bringing computers to their knees for years, wasn't a great game at the end of the day. Crysis 2 improved on Crysis by a LOT. Crysis 3 looks like Crytek made even more improvements to the series. I mean for all the flack that FPS games get, Crysis is one of the few FPS franchises which is pretty fresh and new with each one they bring out instead of just rehashing the same stuff from the previous game.

So no, you're not mad but you certainly have no clue what the heck you are talking about. It clearly sounds like your bashing a game which you have barely if ever, played.

I was maxing Crysis when you were in diapers, son.
---
Wow really
#102kissdadookiePosted 1/7/2013 2:51:30 PM
lazycomplife posted...
kissdadookie posted...
lazycomplife posted...
Pawkie07 posted...
lazycomplife posted...
Looks like Nintendo denied their crappy game.

Crysis belongs on a PC.

U mad bro?

Why would I be mad? The first game was a PC benchmark, and the second game was made for consoles. The sequel messed up any reputation that Crytek had. Even if this game was on Wii U, nobody would buy it. Nintendo fans know quality when they see it. Go play 360 if you want your crappy shooters.

WTH are you talking about. It's as if you have not bothered playing the game! The first Crysis was like FarCry. The second Crysis was basically like MGS. How has the reputation that Crytek have had been tarnished? They made a better game with Crysis 2, there was more of an actual game in Crysis 2 than there was in the first Crysis.

For goodness sakes, the first Crysis apart from introducing an open world flavour into FPS and also bringing computers to their knees for years, wasn't a great game at the end of the day. Crysis 2 improved on Crysis by a LOT. Crysis 3 looks like Crytek made even more improvements to the series. I mean for all the flack that FPS games get, Crysis is one of the few FPS franchises which is pretty fresh and new with each one they bring out instead of just rehashing the same stuff from the previous game.

So no, you're not mad but you certainly have no clue what the heck you are talking about. It clearly sounds like your bashing a game which you have barely if ever, played.

I was maxing Crysis when you were in diapers, son.

Proving my point how useless your posts have been thus far, also proving how children like yourself should not be allowed near the internet.
#103lazycomplifePosted 1/7/2013 2:52:32 PM
kissdadookie posted...
Proving my point how useless your posts have been thus far, also proving how children like yourself should not be allowed near the internet.

U mad bro?
---
Wow really
#104kissdadookiePosted 1/7/2013 2:55:34 PM
lazycomplife posted...
kissdadookie posted...

U mad bro?

Not at all, I just find it amusing how you're trying to explain how Crysis 2 is a terrible game when it turns out that you were just basically running Crysis as a benchmark in the first place, and then there's the issue of you using words like "bro" like a neglected and uneducated child.
#105lazycomplifePosted 1/7/2013 2:59:46 PM
kissdadookie posted...
lazycomplife posted...
kissdadookie posted...

U mad bro?

Not at all, I just find it amusing how you're trying to explain how Crysis 2 is a terrible game when it turns out that you were just basically running Crysis as a benchmark in the first place, and then there's the issue of you using words like "bro" like a neglected and uneducated child.

Welcome to the internet.
---
Wow really
#106Stefan1277Posted 1/7/2013 3:48:57 PM
I still remember when Crysys was another bleh, generic shooter... now, people seem to make a huge fuss about it. Why? No idea, it's just a bleh, generic shooter.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#107EoinPosted 1/7/2013 3:53:28 PM
lt519 posted...
Hmm, fair enough, didn't really think about current sales. I think this still factors in a bit. If you had the choice to buy it between the 360 or Wii U, you'd choose 360 because of the number of online players far exceeds the Wii U. That initial 3 million that bought the game for the 360 before the Wii U was out is enough to convince people with both systems to buy the 360 version. Will that necessarily be the case next year when the Wii U has a larger install base? With the games being released at the same time, I think you'd see the gap close. It still won't be close, because Wii U gamers don't play FPS games, but it won't be as bad as it was this time around.

The online factor sounds convincing as an explanation in isolation of the other facts, but it doesn't seem to match them. Sonic & All Stars Racing is selling 9% of its copies on Wii U (it was 14% last week), and that has a fairly significant online component, and it's a newer game so you'd expect sales on other consoles to be relatively stronger (versus games like CoD and AC3 where the games have been out on other consoles for longer so Wii U should have more of a chance to grab a higher percentage of sales). If online were the cause of lower sales of CoD on Wii U, then we should be seeing something similar with the Sonic racing game, and we're not really.

I don't actually have proper answers for why the sales are breaking along those percentage lines, by the way, but I don't think it's going to end up being a nice simple explanation like "the Wii U is new" or "online bases are tied to the other consoles for now".

One worrying figure, though: CoD's sales for this week, across all platforms, were around 37000. The Wii U had around 1% of those sales. This means that CoD on Wii U, in the UK, sold around 370 copies last week (maximum of about 560 if the Wii U figures are 1.49% of sales and being rounded down). That's a very low number....yet it's still 6th on the Wii U chart, meaning that most games on Wii U (and definitely anything outside of the top 5) are selling <500 copies per week in the UK right now.
#108mjc0961Posted 1/7/2013 4:19:15 PM
Now if only Crysis wasn't putrid s*** that only gets press because of how graphically advanced it is, I might give a damn.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#109TrixonePosted 1/7/2013 4:25:28 PM(edited)
It's all about the business. Nintendo should do everything in their power to get all the 3rd party titles as they can. It's an investment, sometimes you win sometimes you lose. Same for the publisher. However, if Nintendo is having a bad track record, then I'd too be cautious about investing.

I want Nintendo to succeed now that they've stepped up to the other consoles because the better competition, the better games we'll get. BUT Nintendo kinda looks like a car driven by Hans Moleman and it's about to blow up any moment.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: SSFIV:AE, DS - Samurai of Legend