'Crysis 3' not coming to Wii U due to lack of "business drive"

#61TheTitan99Posted 1/7/2013 9:25:12 AM
xLittlekillx posted...
Motoidar posted...
LOL Nintendo fanboys. You guys get worse with each passing day.

lol windows 8

dat burn
---
PSN ID: Vault_Dweller77
#62kissdadookiePosted 1/7/2013 9:37:55 AM
R3al1 posted...
"Bwaaah, our 3rd party games don't sell on Nintendo's Platforms"

*Doesn't release third party content to try it out*

EA... Oh well, at least Activision and Gearbox is giving Wii U full support.

Nintendo most definitely threw a good chunk of change at Activision and Gearbox to get CoD and Aliens on there properly.

Crysis is a popular game but not popular enough to warrant Nintendo throwing a lot of cash at EA for it. A port of GTA5 is also highly dependent on how much money Nintendo is willing to throw at 2K and 2K most definitely wants a hefty chunk of change for it as GTA5 is an extremely valuable property thus they have a lot negotiation leverage.
#63EoinPosted 1/7/2013 9:50:50 AM
lt519 posted...
Meh, not so much, the game was released before the Wii U even came out. Anyone that wanted the game had already bought it on a new console.

The splits in the UK charts by platform suggest that the gap is still massive though. Everyone who wanted the game certainly didn't get it on a different console before the Wii U version appeared, because the other versions are still selling really well, and the Wii U version...isn't.
#64Board_hunter567Posted 1/7/2013 9:53:48 AM(edited)
It would appear the general consensus is that it's up to the console manufacturers to pay publishers enough money so they'll develop games for their platform and that Nintendo is screwing up by not paying them enough...kay.
#65kissdadookiePosted 1/7/2013 10:04:24 AM(edited)
Board_hunter567 posted...
It would appear the general consensus is that it's up to the console manufacturers to pay publishers enough money so they'll develop games for their platform and that Nintendo is screwing up by not paying them enough...kay.

That is how it works. Look at BO2. They sold like what, 25-50k units for the Wii U. Do you have any idea how many MORE copies would have needed to be sold in order for Activision to recoup the development costs? It's basically subsidized by Nintendo.

It's hilarious that you apparently believe that companies makes games just to pay lip service to fans. These are businesses, they are in it to make money, not lose money.

How the heck do you think that Microsoft even got around to putting out the 360 in the first place? They lost 5 billion on the first Xbox, one would figure that publishers would have dropped them like a rock in a pond but they had great 3rd party support for the 360. Why? Because they just kept throwing money at them until the damn business finally took off successfully and in the long run, they made lots of money on Xbox.
#66JKatarnPosted 1/7/2013 10:21:30 AM(edited)
lazycomplife posted...
Looks like Nintendo denied their crappy game.

Crysis belongs on a PC.

I have a feeling were it release on the Wii-U you'd be singing its praises - just because a game isn't released on your platform of choice doesn't make it irredeemable crap. That reminds me of the old Aesop fable where the fox tries to snatch some grapes just out of reach and after failing several times declares "ah, they were probably sour anyway". The moral was, "there's comfort in knowing what you can't have isn't worth having".
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#67excitebike64Posted 1/7/2013 10:29:58 AM
If I recall, wasn't crysis 2 mediocre?

I would like a crysis on the wii-u, won't deny it.

Just wondering, I recall crysis getting a lot of praise, and 2 being considered, meh.
#68lt519Posted 1/7/2013 10:36:13 AM
Eoin posted...
lt519 posted...
Meh, not so much, the game was released before the Wii U even came out. Anyone that wanted the game had already bought it on a new console.

The splits in the UK charts by platform suggest that the gap is still massive though. Everyone who wanted the game certainly didn't get it on a different console before the Wii U version appeared, because the other versions are still selling really well, and the Wii U version...isn't.

Hmm, fair enough, didn't really think about current sales. I think this still factors in a bit. If you had the choice to buy it between the 360 or Wii U, you'd choose 360 because of the number of online players far exceeds the Wii U. That initial 3 million that bought the game for the 360 before the Wii U was out is enough to convince people with both systems to buy the 360 version. Will that necessarily be the case next year when the Wii U has a larger install base? With the games being released at the same time, I think you'd see the gap close. It still won't be close, because Wii U gamers don't play FPS games, but it won't be as bad as it was this time around.
#69JKatarnPosted 1/7/2013 10:36:23 AM
excitebike64 posted...

Just wondering, I recall crysis getting a lot of praise, and 2 being considered, meh.

Crysis 2 received favorable reviews, but it was divisive among fans. It was far more linear, and eliminated the ability to toggle different suit modes etc. - I also recall people on the PC board being upset that it was relatively easy to max it out at a good framerate, though the graphics are still quite nice.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#70kissdadookiePosted 1/7/2013 10:59:06 AM
JKatarn posted...
excitebike64 posted...

Crysis 2 received favorable reviews, but it was divisive among fans. It was far more linear, and eliminated the ability to toggle different suit modes etc. - I also recall people on the PC board being upset that it was relatively easy to max it out at a good framerate, though the graphics are still quite nice.

I loved Crysis 2, thought it was a great improvement over Crysis one in terms of gameplay. It's basically like Deus Ex style gameplay where you can play it like CoD or play it like MGS. Really well done. MP however was questionable and that was where a lot of criticism from gamers focused on.