'Crysis 3' not coming to Wii U due to lack of "business drive"

#81kissdadookiePosted 1/7/2013 12:44:16 PM
MetroidJunkie posted...
JKatarn posted...

I have a feeling were it release on the Wii-U you'd be singing its praises - just because a game isn't released on your platform of choice doesn't make it irredeemable crap. That reminds me of the old Aesop fable where the fox tries to snatch some grapes just out of reach and after failing several times declares "ah, they were probably sour anyway". The moral was, "there's comfort in knowing what you can't have isn't worth having".

Given Crysis focuses pretty heavily on the graphics side of things, it really IS better off on PC.

The new engine is pretty scaleable at this point. It's most definitely going to run pretty well even on current PS360 but due to the way the Wii U was designed (GPU focused while the CPU isn't as well optimized for gaming purposes as those found even on the PS360), it's going to be quite a bit of work for them to port something like Crysis 3 over to the Wii U. Thus it would have been an expensive ordeal for a very limited audience pool unless Nintendo themselves are willing to chip in substantially to at least market the game (let's face it, ZombiU is a good game but the reason it has done pretty darn well has a lot to do with how Nintendo has put it's full weight behind pushing that game). Remember, marketing for a game usually comes out to be far more expensive than actually developing the game.
#82Pawkie07Posted 1/7/2013 12:46:11 PM
lazycomplife posted...
Looks like Nintendo denied their crappy game.

Crysis belongs on a PC.

U mad bro?
#83BigAl519Posted 1/7/2013 12:55:26 PM(edited)
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
BigAl519 posted...
After the crap that was Crysis 2 I have to say I am quite thankful this next PoS isn't coming to the Wii U. The first Crysis was the only one they managed to get right.

You call a game you haven't played a PoS, so you must be the "tool" your sig is talking about? If someone did that about a game that actually was on WiiU, you'd be crapping puppies while calling that user a "troll".

A game I haven't played? Do you actually think its going to play any different than Crysis 2? That's like saying I don't know what CoD number 12 will be like even though I have played 1-11 lol. And honestly I really could care less about someone stating their opinion about a bad series on the Wii U or any system for that matter lmao.

Also an double DURP at your total hypocrisy! Assuming I would call anyone a troll for simply stating a legitimate opinion about a series while instantly implying I am some fanboy for not liking what you like.

In the words of many on here "U mad bro?" LMAO
---
A real gamer will buy any system and enjoy it, a tool will sit on a forum trying to bash one or the other!
#84PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 12:55:06 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
BigAl519 posted...
After the crap that was Crysis 2 I have to say I am quite thankful this next PoS isn't coming to the Wii U. The first Crysis was the only one they managed to get right.

You call a game you haven't played a PoS, so you must be the "tool" your sig is talking about? If someone did that about a game that actually was on WiiU, you'd be crapping puppies while calling that user a "troll".

Ummmm no. Crisis was the only game so far that was worth playing in the series. Funny thing is it took a year almost for people to get it running optimally. Crisis 2 was rubbish aimed at pulling people away from CoD & it shows.
Soon as Crytek can remove themselves from EA watch them hit te ground floor, running.
#85kissdadookiePosted 1/7/2013 12:58:21 PM
Paladinrja posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
BigAl519 posted...

Ummmm no. Crisis was the only game so far that was worth playing in the series. Funny thing is it took a year almost for people to get it running optimally. Crisis 2 was rubbish aimed at pulling people away from CoD & it shows.
Soon as Crytek can remove themselves from EA watch them hit te ground floor, running.

How the heck does it feel like a CoD imposter? How the heck does Crysis 2 even resemble CoD in any shape or form? Have you even bothered to play it? The campaign (which is like 80% of Crysis 2) plays more like Deus Ex: Human Revolution minus the open world stuff than it does CoD. Much of Crysis 2 actually plays like a FPS MGS.

So again, I don't understand where all this ludicrous claims of Crysis 2 being a CoD clone is coming from since the two games are DRAMATICALLY different.
#86kissdadookiePosted 1/7/2013 1:07:15 PM(edited)
To reiterate, the people claiming that Crysis 2 was nothing but another CoD clone basically have not a single clue as to what they are talking about. Let's just look at some reviews shall we (and these are taken from the lower end of the score reviews available so I'm not even using the "OMG THIS GAME IS GOTY MATERIAL!" type reviews:

Game Informer:
In terms of level design, the game takes its cues from the streamlined approach Crytek adopted for Crysis Warhead. The decimated buildings and barricaded streets give the action a more enclosed feeling than the expansive open worlds of Far Cry and the original Crysis, but the environments are still large and varied enough to give players the freedom to wage war against the above average enemy AI with a tactic of their choosing.

Rather than force players into a series of predicable fights with predetermined weapons, Crytek creates sandbox battle scenarios and allows each player to adopt his or her own preferred approach. Like Batman: Arkham Asylum, you often enter the battle arena at a vantage point just out of sight. This gives strategic players the option of marking all the targets in the area so they donít encounter many surprises once they open fire. From here, how you confront the overwhelming odds is up to you. You can stay in stealth mode to silently pick off enemies one by one, adopt a hit and run strategy by jumping in and out of stealth to recalibrate your approach after each kill, activate power armor for a frontal assault, or snipe enemies from the high perches present in most scenarios.

Eurogamer:
This combination of abilities offers the ultimate gaming power fantasy. One moment you can be Solid Snake, skulking behind an enemy till you see the hairs on the back of his soon-to-be-broken neck. The next, you're a Big Daddy, charging forward into the slack jaws of death, cannons to the left, cannons to the right. The wide-open spaces of Crysis 2's New York are playpens in which you can toy with your prey in whatever way you wish using these tools.

For console gamers whose tactical brains have grown fat and dull after so many Call of Duty-style corridor shooters, the opportunity to plan, think and execute without fairground direction is invigorating and sometimes paralysing. The suit may turn you into a God Ė but you're the one that has to provide the divine inspiration.

How the heck is Crysis 2 in any way shape or form even in the vicinity of being anything REMOTELY similar to a CoD game? It's blatantly obvious that the people on here poo pooing Crysis 2 have CLEARLY not played the game. If anything, Crysis 2 is more MGS and Deus Ex than it would EVER be in being a CoD style game.
#87BigAl519Posted 1/7/2013 1:08:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#88El_ZaggyPosted 1/7/2013 1:07:18 PM
kissdadookie posted...
To reiterate, the people claiming that Crysis 2 was nothing but another CoD clone basically have not a single clue as to what they are talking about. Let's just look at some reviews shall we (and these are taken from the lower end of the score reviews available so I'm not even using the "OMG THIS GAME IS GOTY MATERIAL!" type reviews:

Game Informer:
In terms of level design, the game takes its cues from the streamlined approach Crytek adopted for Crysis Warhead. The decimated buildings and barricaded streets give the action a more enclosed feeling than the expansive open worlds of Far Cry and the original Crysis, but the environments are still large and varied enough to give players the freedom to wage war against the above average enemy AI with a tactic of their choosing.

Rather than force players into a series of predicable fights with predetermined weapons, Crytek creates sandbox battle scenarios and allows each player to adopt his or her own preferred approach. Like Batman: Arkham Asylum, you often enter the battle arena at a vantage point just out of sight. This gives strategic players the option of marking all the targets in the area so they donít encounter many surprises once they open fire. From here, how you confront the overwhelming odds is up to you. You can stay in stealth mode to silently pick off enemies one by one, adopt a hit and run strategy by jumping in and out of stealth to recalibrate your approach after each kill, activate power armor for a frontal assault, or snipe enemies from the high perches present in most scenarios.

Eurogamer:
This combination of abilities offers the ultimate gaming power fantasy. One moment you can be Solid Snake, skulking behind an enemy till you see the hairs on the back of his soon-to-be-broken neck. The next, you're a Big Daddy, charging forward into the slack jaws of death, cannons to the left, cannons to the right. The wide-open spaces of Crysis 2's New York are playpens in which you can toy with your prey in whatever way you wish using these tools.

For console gamers whose tactical brains have grown fat and dull after so many Call of Duty-style corridor shooters, the opportunity to plan, think and execute without fairground direction is invigorating and sometimes paralysing. The suit may turn you into a God Ė but you're the one that has to provide the divine inspiration.

How the heck is Crysis 2 in any way shape or form even in the vicinity of being anything REMOTELY similar to a CoD game?

bah leave them alone. They are just brainwashed fanboys that doesnt even gives a causre about stuff. No wonder great games likye crysis and more will skip the wii u. When the fanbase acts like this, its easy to see that there is no business drive at all.....
#89PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 1:09:02 PM
kissdadookie posted...
Paladinrja posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
BigAl519 posted...

How the heck does it feel like a CoD imposter? How the heck does Crysis 2 even resemble CoD in any shape or form? Have you even bothered to play it? The campaign (which is like 80% of Crysis 2) plays more like Deus Ex: Human Revolution minus the open world stuff than it does CoD. Much of Crysis 2 actually plays like a FPS MGS.

So again, I don't understand where all this ludicrous claims of Crysis 2 being a CoD clone is coming from since the two games are DRAMATICALLY different.

True, but I didn't say it was a clone or even remotely resembles it, so calm down. I said that it was aimed @ pulling people away from CoD.
#90kissdadookiePosted 1/7/2013 1:11:12 PM
BigAl519 posted...
kissdadookie posted...
Paladinrja posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
BigAl519 posted...

WOOSSHHH. I take it that's a common sound to you. No where did I say Crysis was like CoD. I was implying that I already know what to expect from Crysis 3 since I have played 1 and 2. The CoD part was just to show my point, that someone already knows what to expect from a later addition to the series if they have played all the games up to then. I could have used any series, say Uncharted. The only reason I even mentioned CoD was because it was the first game that came to my head right then that had 2 or more previous games in the series.

HA HA HA HA HA. Your failure at backpedalling is hilarious. You implied that Crysis 2 was trying to be a CoD thus you've CLEARLY mentioned on how Crysis 2 was just trying to pull in the CoD audience. That kind of statement is like trying to say that MGS or Deus Ex were trying to pull in the CoD audience.

As for you saying "Oh, Crysis 3 is just more of the same" is a ridiculous argument as well seeing how Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Crysis 2 have all been dramatically different from each other and the direction they are taking with Crysis 3 shows yet another new dramatically different with where they are taking that game.

So basically, you have shown that you are bashing a game which you've clearly had very little experience in actually playing and if you do have much experience in playing the Crysis series, it certainly doesn't show since your comments runs completely counter to what is very obviously right there in the games and easy to see and play by anybody whom have played the games.