Have you ever bought a game solely for it's graphics?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Have you ever bought a game solely for it's graphics?
3 years ago#1
Have you ever bought a game solely for it's graphics? - Results (35 votes)
Yes - the graphics were so good I didn't need to consider gameplay
34.29% (12 votes)
No - graphics are more important than gameplay but it needs to be fun too
65.71% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hey look, we're back to the graphics vs gameplay argument again.

Seeing as people have slated the graphics of Nintendo consoles since time immemorial, I thought I'd see how many people out there have bought a game due to it's visuals, regardless of how solid the game is itself.

Note: I'm not saying the game was utter trash in the gameplay department, but rather, you bought it knowing very little about the gameplay.
3 years ago#2
Nope. I don't care about graphics
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
3 years ago#3
Yup bought world of goo and geometry wars for their graphics. One has beautiful hand drawn levels with cool artistic art style the other has cool neon colours! Love em both
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
3 years ago#4
So it's either "yes, graphics>gameplay" or "no, graphics>gameplay"?

I like this poll. :)
---
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never really know how accurate they actually are" - Abraham Lincoln
3 years ago#5
Both are options are just different levels of graphics whore.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
3 years ago#6
Doom 3 back in 2004, to test out my then-new gaming rig.

I built the PC explicitly to play Half-Life 2

Specs:

Pentium 4 HT 3.4 GHz
Radeon x700 PRO
2 GB DDR2 RAM
120 GB HDD

lol those were the days huh
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
3 years ago#7
Yes because graphics are a pretty much imortant part of a game. Good graphics are always nice, It gives atmosphere.

Artwork too is nice but good looking artwork requires soometimes great graphic power.
3 years ago#8
johnnybazookabo posted...
Yup bought world of goo and geometry wars for their graphics. One has beautiful hand drawn levels with cool artistic art style the other has cool neon colours! Love em both

Pac Man CE:DX has a pretty rad art style if you're into Geometry Wars.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
3 years ago#9
I bought the original Crysis to test it out on my gaming rig when I first got it. The game itself was pretty neat, but the graphics were what really made it. Crysis 2 sucked though.

Graphics are best used as a way to enhance an already great game. Take Stalker for example. The game is wonderful, but when you apply the Stalker Complete mod, the graphical enhancements make it breathtaking.

As far as console peasants are concerned, who cares? They're console graphics. Art direction is way more important.
3 years ago#10
No.

Good graphics never encouraged me to buy an average game.

Good gameplay has encouraged me to buy an average game.

Good graphics and good gameplay has encouraged me to buy an average game.

Graphics never makes a game, at best it can enhance the experience but can't make the experience.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Have you ever bought a game solely for it's graphics?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived