Have you ever bought a game solely for it's graphics?

#11MetroidJunkiePosted 1/7/2013 10:05:15 AM
I mostly just want the graphics to be on par with what the system's capable of. I'm perfectly fine with DS graphics on the DS, but Ps2 graphics on Wii seems far too lazy. Graphics aren't the most important, but they enhance the experience and can help the immersion. I don't want graphics to be slashed unless it's absolutely necessary to prevent the system from lagging.
#12digiblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 10:19:32 AM
Wow. I hadn't realised I'd worded it like that. And I can't edit the damn poll.

Woops.
#13knightimexPosted 1/7/2013 10:19:39 AM
Donkey Kong Country ~ SNES

it was so bad ass looking it was next gen before next gen was cool.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#14SolisPosted 1/7/2013 10:21:59 AM
Starfox on the SNES is probably the earliest example I can think of. Especially back then it was much harder to get an accurate idea of what a game was like without playing it, since you couldn't really look up gameplay videos or have access to a half dozen reviews at the click of a button (not to mention back then the only magazine I read was Game Informer, and I probably would've been better off not even listening to their reviews). The game just looked amazing though from the little I had seen of it, so I decided to pick it up when I saw it used for cheap. Can't say it was a bad decision.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#15NettoSaitoPosted 1/7/2013 10:25:28 AM
I've avoided older games due to their graphics before, but I never bought one because it had good graphics. I mean I did get StarFox 64 3D because of its updated graphics and 3D effect, but also because I LOVED SF64 and wanted to be able to play it on the go. Also I did buy Maverick Hunter X due to its updated 3d models, but once again, I'm a HUGE Megaman X fan (especially of the first game). So really, no I've never bought one just because of the graphics, I bought them because of their graphics and because I loved their original games.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
My Backloggery - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#16melbye80Posted 1/7/2013 10:35:18 AM
I can't answer your poll, graphics is never considered when buying a console.