gamepad constantly loses connection, when playing 1 meter from console

#1KHRZPosted 1/7/2013 10:18:17 AM
Like several times per minute at the worst, sometimes works for a few minutes. There about 8 wifi networks close to it, but disabling the closest one right next to the console doesn't seem to help. It worked perfectly before I took a plane trip and lived somewhere with less wi fi, so maybe it damaged, although I kept it in the original box on the plane. Any tips?
---
SSBB FC: 4640-1011-4754 Name: KHRZ
#2FoppePosted 1/7/2013 10:26:46 AM
Disable all WiFi networks and see if you got any difference.
Just closing one of them is like eating only 10 pizzas per day instead of 11 and still wonder how you can gain weight.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3lt519Posted 1/7/2013 10:30:10 AM
Is your Wii U enclosed in a TV stand or anything? Near other electrical components? Try moving it around too.
#4Jammy_BleachedPosted 1/7/2013 10:33:19 AM
I'd say remove the screws on the back of the gamepad and take the battery out and put it back in and re-sync it as if you'd just started using the console. I had to do this when i had an error message.
#5kissdadookiePosted 1/7/2013 10:34:22 AM
KHRZ posted...
Like several times per minute at the worst, sometimes works for a few minutes. There about 8 wifi networks close to it, but disabling the closest one right next to the console doesn't seem to help. It worked perfectly before I took a plane trip and lived somewhere with less wi fi, so maybe it damaged, although I kept it in the original box on the plane. Any tips?

1) Make sure the console is at least 3 feet or so AWAY from your router.

2) Change the channels on your router and run the test on speedtest.com to see you ping and speed using each channel, find the one that gives you the highest throughput and lowest ping.

3) Position the console away from things with roughly 3 inches of clearance on all sides.
#6sejan12Posted 1/7/2013 12:18:42 PM
Make sure that the Wii U is as open as possible. Move it away from the walls of your entertainment center. Also, make sure there are not any other WiFi devices too close to either your Wii U or the Gamepad. Strong WiFi signals interfere with each other in a terrible terrible way.

I had it in a relatively enclosed place while visiting some family and it didn't stay connected very well at all. Simply moving the system out of the confined place fixed everything.
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/7/2013 12:22:00 PM
old Bluetooth devices also interferes with Wifi
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12