Team Ninja: "Wii U CPU is NOT 'horrible and slow'"

#1aether17Posted 1/7/2013 12:14:40 PM

“The Wii U is an infant that’s just been born,” Hayashi tells us. “It’s a little unfair to compare it to mature platforms that people have been working on for over five years. I’m sure people will find ways to bring out even more power as the platform matures.

“To be completely blunt and honest, there’s no way that the Wii U processor is ‘horrible and slow’ compared to other platforms. I think that comment was just 4A trying to find a scapegoat for a simple business decision on their part."

“If you’re basing this simply on processor speed, then it’s not next generation,” he says. “If you’re basing this on Wii U being a new idea that challenges existing platforms, then it definitely isnext generation. It is a console videogame platform that is now independent of the TV. Nobody has done that before.

“It’s no mistake to say that we have entered a period where it’s difficult to provide an obvious difference to many players based on processor speed alone. Players want new innovation that includes the environment in which you play and services you use, rather than just raw processor spec.

“Nintendo is at the forefront of that innovation. I’m looking forward to seeing what the other platforms come up with in the future.”

http://www.edge-online.com/news/ninja-gaiden-3-producer-defends-wii-u-cpu-insists-console-is-definitely-next-generation/

Arguments back and forth, don't know who to believe.
#2HungoverHero777Posted 1/7/2013 12:18:04 PM
*ahem*

Fanboy.

Did I do it right?
---
My ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board.
#3Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/7/2013 12:20:04 PM(edited)
“If you’re basing this simply on processor speed, then it’s not next generation,” he says. “If you’re basing this on Wii U being a new idea that challenges existing platforms, then it definitely is next generation. It is a console videogame platform that is now independent of the TV. Nobody has done that before.

He also says the processor is not next generation as well, that is' doing well to compete with the Current consoles which released years ago.

He also says it's there’s no way that the Wii U processor is ‘horrible and slow’ compared to other platforms

Which means, it's not fast nor slow compared to other platforms, it's basically on par with a 360 and PS3, which is bad considering the replacements for those systems are more than likely coming this year

---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#4aether17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 12:24:17 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
“If you’re basing this simply on processor speed, then it’s not next generation,” he says. “If you’re basing this on Wii U being a new idea that challenges existing platforms, then it definitely is next generation. It is a console videogame platform that is now independent of the TV. Nobody has done that before.

He also says the processor is not next generation as well, that is' doing well to compete with the Current consoles which released years ago.

He also says it's there’s no way that the Wii U processor is ‘horrible and slow’ compared to other platforms

Which means, it's not fast nor slow compared to other platforms, it's basically on par with a 360 and PS3, which is bad considering the replacements for those systems are more than likely coming this year

That could mean anything. You seem to have gotten the "not fast" off the top of your head because all he said was that there was NO WAY it's slower. I don't expect it to surpass Cell (I don't expect PS4720 to out-do Cell by a lot if any considering how it is a monster), but it should have no problem surpassing Xenon.
#5Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/7/2013 12:26:05 PM
aether17 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

That could mean anything. You seem to have gotten the "not fast" off the top of your head because all he said was that there was NO WAY it's slower. I don't expect it to surpass Cell (I don't expect PS4720 to out-do Cell by a lot if any considering how it is a monster), but it should have no problem surpassing Xenon.

but if it were faster, he would have stated it, since he's discussing the speed of the processor.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#6SteamedRicePosted 1/7/2013 12:26:42 PM
“If you’re basing this simply on processor speed, then it’s not next generation,” he says.

“If you’re basing this on Wii U being a new idea that challenges existing platforms, then it definitely is next generation."

It's not next gen performance wise.
It's next gen idea wise.

Weak cpu confirmed.
#7squatch22Posted 1/7/2013 12:26:54 PM
Waits for troll excuses...

"Team Ninja doesn't matter"
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#8Jaime_BennPosted 1/7/2013 12:27:31 PM
Oh, another quote. Let's analyze it, read between the lines, and read more into what he really meant...
---
According to Pachter, my i5 and 7850 is weak :(
#9MetroidJunkiePosted 1/7/2013 12:28:58 PM
The claim is that it's a 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Processor.

That being said, if you're going to blast a console for having weaker hardware, then you should just ditch consoles altogether and get a PC. If you're going to say it's more expensive, so is getting a more powerful console.
#10x2link777Posted 1/7/2013 12:28:59 PM
squatch22 posted...
Waits for troll excuses...

"Team Ninja doesn't matter"

Lol you're a little late. Xeeh_Bitz is already on troll-damage control.. Kinda sad how fast they swarm.. Like starved piranha swarming a drop of blood...
---
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!