Team Ninja: "Wii U CPU is NOT 'horrible and slow'"

#161zetsuclonePosted 1/7/2013 5:00:26 PM
Chargrilled posted...
SteamedRice posted...
“If you’re basing this simply on processor speed, then it’s not next generation,” he says.

“If you’re basing this on Wii U being a new idea that challenges existing platforms, then it definitely is next generation."

It's not next gen performance wise.
It's next gen idea wise.

Weak cpu confirmed.

---
I can transform
#162DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/7/2013 5:00:45 PM
Dynheart posted...
No feature sets released for the CPU. The GPU was never released. If we want to take the hacker to heart, he said it looks like an RV700 series, but it's bigger than that. What's generally the next step? 5000 series?

I just see a lot of the typical fanboys in the clouds, and the same old Nintendo haters/Wii U haters low balling the system with out any information other than **** talking from developers (same old tactics they have been using when they don't want to release a game for a console during launch window...the console sucks...you would think they would use a new one by now..and yet, people fall for it generation after generation), and a hacker that pretty much said, in so many words, take this info with a grain of salt.. You have to read between the lines. What are clock speeds going to prove?

But it's the only dirt we have on the system...use it to it's fullest instead of using your head...there's nothing factual out there right now.

Like I said before...wait, lest you look like a fool later on.

We know it's not a beast. But people are making it sound like it peaked out of the gate, or even worse...it's weaker. All due to some crappy budget ports...yes, that's what they are. You think the publishers are going to invest in a new system? Not to mention with a small install base? Not. A chance. Port that crap ASAP...with a 3rd tier team...or a team so small it's not even funny. Move on to your main project.

People don't see past this, though. They think "OMG itz haz to overpawar da shoddy port job tubee next genzzz".

Give me a break.

Bigger doesn't mean newer. It means bigger.(physically).
That could be some extra embedded memory. It could be some extra hardware for extra functions. It could be an integrated power transformer.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#163squatch22Posted 1/7/2013 5:02:29 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
shaunme posted...
If you’re basing this simply on processor speed, then it’s not next generation,”

last gen confirmed.

(Completely ignores the other thing he said on purpose)
Desperate.

They all do that.
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#164DynheartPosted 1/7/2013 5:10:11 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Dynheart posted...
No feature sets released for the CPU. The GPU was never released. If we want to take the hacker to heart, he said it looks like an RV700 series, but it's bigger than that. What's generally the next step? 5000 series?

I just see a lot of the typical fanboys in the clouds, and the same old Nintendo haters/Wii U haters low balling the system with out any information other than **** talking from developers (same old tactics they have been using when they don't want to release a game for a console during launch window...the console sucks...you would think they would use a new one by now..and yet, people fall for it generation after generation), and a hacker that pretty much said, in so many words, take this info with a grain of salt.. You have to read between the lines. What are clock speeds going to prove?

But it's the only dirt we have on the system...use it to it's fullest instead of using your head...there's nothing factual out there right now.

We know it's not a beast. But people are making it sound like it peaked out of the gate, or even worse...it's weaker. All due to some crappy budget ports...yes, that's what they are. You think the publishers are going to invest in a new system? Not to mention with a small install base? Not. A chance. Port that crap ASAP...with a 3rd tier team...or a team so small it's not even funny. Move on to your main project.

People don't see past this, though. They think "OMG itz haz to overpawar da shoddy port job tubee next genzzz".

Give me a break.

Bigger doesn't mean newer. It means bigger.(physically).
That could be some extra embedded memory. It could be some extra hardware for extra functions. It could be an integrated power transformer.

And you just proved why all of these threads about the Wii U are pretty much dumb.

We can talk clock speeds all day, and RAM/eDRAM (32mb) But that's the extent of our knowledge. Yet people are calling this console current gen off a a few tidbits we know (which, to be quite honest, isn't much at all), and a few rushed budget ports.

The only other certainties are that it wont be as powerful as the other two consoles. It also didn't peak with AC/ME3/BM:AC...That's just being plain ignorant to think that.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#165DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/7/2013 5:12:20 PM
Except that anyone who knows a bit about hardware can talk about what what we do know means for the console.
Isn't that the point of a hardware discussion forum? To talk about the hardware?
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#166PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 5:29:04 PM
aether17 posted...
Paladinrja posted...

Yah I thought it was an 'Evergreen' of some kind.

Could be. The first major rumor came from 2011 when it was apparently based on the RV770, or rather, someone stated that Nintendo noted that overall performance of the GPU would be roughly the same as the 4850. Later, several sites have reported seeing upgrades and more enhancements from the "Evergreen" or even the "Northern Islands" families. Then again, going from a 4850 to a 5670 would kind of be a downgrade (aside from the DirectX11 / OpenGL 3.2), so maybe they didn't change the base, but instead made modern modifications from the "Evergreen" or "Northern Islands". I won't count the E6760 rumor because that was pure speculation. I'm not too focused on the GFLOPS because more modern GPU's at less GFLOPS would still perform better than older GPU's with more GFLOPS. I believe Ideaman from NeoGaf estimated that a 390GFLOP GPU (with modern tech) could perform like a 500/600 GFLOPS Xenos. Rumors point the GFLOPS at around 500 +/-, and it is more modern, so it should be quite capable.

I considered the E6760 as well, but if taking the naming conventions used to describe the GPU, got me more inclined to go with an 'Evergreen' still doesn't account for much.
Its probably been radically transformed. People call it old tech, truth is its not old. Just superceded. None of those GPUs have ever been taken to the limit in any other way than raster speed. Which is a consequence of the evolution of microprocessing rather than end engineering.
For instance I have this 3850 I been messing around with that performs exceedingly well. AMD might just have cooked up something entirely different, applying the recent engineering to existing chip revision, revising them further again. Is not uncommon, very sound in my way of thinking, lots of room for improvement in all those chips.
#167PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 5:36:55 PM
Dynheart posted...

Give me a break.

Totally agree. I personally think it is a beast, in as much a console can ever be? Afterall, the max anyone ever saw from the CELL was 20%. Thats a sad waste imo. Its why I said elsewhere, Sony would be insane to change processors just please ignorance, when there is loads of room for improvement with the CELL. Would save them alot of money. I'd feel less ripped off buying an Orbis with the full CELLs capabilities unlocked, than yet more underutilized hardware. Just seems so slapshod.
#168shaunmePosted 1/7/2013 5:37:55 PM
ColorfulColors posted...
shaunme posted...
If you’re basing this simply on processor speed, then it’s not next generation,”

last gen confirmed.

(Completely ignores the other thing he said on purpose)
Desperate.

desperate, but i'm a wii u owner .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#169DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 5:39:41 PM
Dynheart posted...
And you just proved why all of these threads about the Wii U are pretty much dumb.

We can talk clock speeds all day, and RAM/eDRAM (32mb) But that's the extent of our knowledge. Yet people are calling this console current gen off a a few tidbits we know (which, to be quite honest, isn't much at all), and a few rushed budget ports.

The only other certainties are that it wont be as powerful as the other two consoles. It also didn't peak with AC/ME3/BM:AC...That's just being plain ignorant to think that.

The levels of your delusions is just stunning. A dev trying to defend the wiiU just called it last gen performance wise in the link article. The tablet controller costs like 100 bucks and it sells for 300, ps3 is 250 and it's not a few shoddy ports every retail game has the same issue almost including ones that have gone out of their way to do a good job and add extras published by Nintendo.
#170SteamedRicePosted 1/7/2013 5:46:50 PM
well we know the system runs at 32w of power total.

can you really think of performance when they went extreme on power saving parts?