Team Ninja: "Wii U CPU is NOT 'horrible and slow'"

#181omniryuPosted 1/7/2013 8:03:00 PM
darkjedilink posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
geneticsftw posted...
Where does it say scaled down?

Oh come on epic said the engine could be used on wiiU because it's extremely scaleable so if it does ever come to wiiU (which it hasn't) it would be a scaled down version.

That's not really accurate (but par for the course for you). What they said was that they have no plans to port it, but any game using it could be ported to the Wii U by whomever was making the game.

Scalability wasn't even mentioned.

“We have Unreal Engine 3 running on Wii U,” Rein said. “You saw games at the Nintendo press conference again this year – a fantastic demo by our friends at Warner Bros. showing Arkham City running on Wii U. And Aliens: Colonial Marines is coming on Wii U, that’s also Unreal. There’s, I’m sure, several others. Mass Effect was announced for it as well. So we’re certainly playing a role there with Unreal Engine 3.

“I’ll state that I don’t think it’s our intention to bring Unreal Engine 4 to Wii U, but Unreal Engine 4 is going to be supremely scalable. We’ll run on mobile phones and on a wide variety of things, so if a customer decides they want to port an Unreal Engine 4 game to Wii U, they could. But Unreal Engine 3 is a really good fit for that platform.”

http://www.vg247.com/2012/07/14/unreal-engine-4-is-supremely-scalable-games-could-be-ported-to-wii-u/
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#182geneticsftwPosted 1/7/2013 8:03:23 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
geneticsftw posted...
Where does it say scaled down?

Oh come on epic said the engine could be used on wiiU because it's extremely scaleable so if it does ever come to wiiU (which it hasn't) it would be a scaled down version.

My bad, it's on the internet it is true. >. <
---
Sweet
#183aether17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 8:12:01 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
I baffles me how you can't understand such a simple concept... Just because the engine will run doesn't mean every game built on the engine will run, especially when it's a scaled down version of the engine which wiiU will be and wiiU is in the league of ps3/360. If the games can run on wiiU they literally can run on ps3/360...

I don't know how to explain it any simpler, maybe get your volunteer to explain it to you, wiiU is as likely to get ps4/next multiplats as ps3 and 360 are.

It baffles me how you don't seem to understand my point. I could literally resort to name calling but I'm not demonic enough to do that. I understand what you're telling me, that you believe the PS4720 would be so far ahead Wii U to a point where games coming from the next gen consoles would be too "high spec" for Wii U to handle, regardless of scalability. I tried to explain to you the HUGE differences in specs from minimum to maximum specs. The gap of minimum to maximum, is going to be larger than the gap between Wii U and PS4720, this is where the supposed supreme scalability comes to mind. The games already running on the engine, will be HUGELY scalable. This, is all based on the quote that you have failed to comment on:

Epic VP - Mark Rein
...so if a customer decides they want to port an Unreal Engine 4 game to Wii U, they could

He says PORT. Again, not game built for Wii U using Unreal Engine 4, but a game already using Unreal Engine 4 (likely a game for PS4720) ported to the Wii U. How do you not understand that?
#184LazyyAmericanPosted 1/7/2013 8:27:45 PM
lol
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#185DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 8:30:11 PM
omniryu posted...
darkjedilink posted...
That's not really accurate (but par for the course for you). What they said was that they have no plans to port it, but any game using it could be ported to the Wii U by whomever was making the game.

Scalability wasn't even mentioned.

“We have Unreal Engine 3 running on Wii U,” Rein said. “You saw games at the Nintendo press conference again this year – a fantastic demo by our friends at Warner Bros. showing Arkham City running on Wii U. And Aliens: Colonial Marines is coming on Wii U, that’s also Unreal. There’s, I’m sure, several others. Mass Effect was announced for it as well. So we’re certainly playing a role there with Unreal Engine 3.

“I’ll state that I don’t think it’s our intention to bring Unreal Engine 4 to Wii U, but Unreal Engine 4 is going to be supremely scalable. We’ll run on mobile phones and on a wide variety of things, so if a customer decides they want to port an Unreal Engine 4 game to Wii U, they could. But Unreal Engine 3 is a really good fit for that platform.”

http://www.vg247.com/2012/07/14/unreal-engine-4-is-supremely-scalable-games-could-be-ported-to-wii-u/

And I'm proven right again and everyone will forget it before this topic even goes to the next page.

aether17 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
I baffles me how you can't understand such a simple concept... Just because the engine will run doesn't mean every game built on the engine will run, especially when it's a scaled down version of the engine which wiiU will be and wiiU is in the league of ps3/360. If the games can run on wiiU they literally can run on ps3/360...

I don't know how to explain it any simpler, maybe get your volunteer to explain it to you, wiiU is as likely to get ps4/next multiplats as ps3 and 360 are.

It baffles me how you don't seem to understand my point. I could literally resort to name calling but I'm not demonic enough to do that. I understand what you're telling me, that you believe the PS4720 would be so far ahead Wii U to a point where games coming from the next gen consoles would be too "high spec" for Wii U to handle, regardless of scalability. I tried to explain to you the HUGE differences in specs from minimum to maximum specs. The gap of minimum to maximum, is going to be larger than the gap between Wii U and PS4720, this is where the supposed supreme scalability comes to mind. The games already running on the engine, will be HUGELY scalable. This, is all based on the quote that you have failed to comment on:

He says PORT. Again, not game built for Wii U using Unreal Engine 4, but a game already using Unreal Engine 4 (likely a game for PS4720) ported to the Wii U. How do you not understand that?

You can't play ps3 games on ps2, you won't be able to play ps4 games on ps3, and wiiU is in ps3s league, if you dumb it down to the point where it shouldn't be considered the same game anymore you could put it on wiiU but developers aren't going to do that on mass and even if they did who cares the ps4/next xbox/pc versions would be so so much better.

Epic was actually talking about porting the engine not a game on the engine.
#186IntegnosPosted 1/7/2013 8:40:18 PM(edited)
Genesis cpu > SNES cpu
Saturn and N64 cpu > PS1 cpu
Xbox and Gamecube cpu > PS2 cpu

....we all know which platforms pimp slapped all the others at the end.
....not that it matters because last gen and this gen are terrible. Its all about portables now, and PC gaming is still going strong like always.
#187omniryuPosted 1/7/2013 8:42:06 PM
What kind of content are we going to get? Are we going to have games with fully destructive environment? Are we going to have same pre-defined/animated destruction?
How much next gen graphic techniques will be use on the Wii U? Is it laughable that I'm curious if the U can run "ray tracing like" effects like opti- something something. Will PS4 and Xbox have true dedicated ray tracing? Will that make the U effectively SOL?
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#188DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 8:42:22 PM
Integnos posted...
Genesis cpu > SNES cpu

....not that it matters because last gen and this gen are terrible. Its all about portables now, and PC gaming is still going strong like always.

All those consoles were significantly stronger then the previous generation though, wiiU isn't.

And if you want to argue wii's success it's games sucked so that would just make you a tool.
#189aether17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 8:43:01 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

You can't play ps3 games on ps2, you won't be able to play ps4 games on ps3, and wiiU is in ps3s league, if you dumb it down to the point where it shouldn't be considered the same game anymore you could put it on wiiU but developers aren't going to do that on mass and even if they did who cares the ps4/next xbox/pc versions would be so so much better.

Epic was actually talking about porting the engine not a game on the engine.

I think you're underestimating the scalability of the game engine. Engines are becoming more efficient to a point where less power is required to reach particular graphical standpoints. And this is for devices containing particular shader model capabilities. DirectX 9 PS360 won't be able to do DirectX11 stuff. Wii U apparently might have had DirectX11 comparability added, though it uses something else obviously, but could be along the lines. And no, he clearly states that if someone wants to PORT AN UNREAL ENGINE 4 """GAME""", they could. Are you reading it correctly?

PORT an Unreal Engine 4 GAME to Wii U, they could
#190IntegnosPosted 1/7/2013 8:45:08 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Integnos posted...
Genesis cpu > SNES cpu

All those consoles were significantly stronger then the previous generation though, wiiU isn't.

And if you want to argue wii's success it's games sucked so that would just make you a tool.

Maybe you should practice reading comprehension before making your last comment.