Team Ninja: "Wii U CPU is NOT 'horrible and slow'"

#191DTY3Posted 1/7/2013 8:51:15 PM
shaunme posted...
If youíre basing this simply on processor speed, then itís not next generation,Ē

last gen confirmed.

Wanna comment on the rest of the quote?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#192DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 8:51:18 PM
aether17 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

You can't play ps3 games on ps2, you won't be able to play ps4 games on ps3, and wiiU is in ps3s league, if you dumb it down to the point where it shouldn't be considered the same game anymore you could put it on wiiU but developers aren't going to do that on mass and even if they did who cares the ps4/next xbox/pc versions would be so so much better.

Epic was actually talking about porting the engine not a game on the engine.

I think you're underestimating the scalability of the game engine. Engines are becoming more efficient to a point where less power is required to reach particular graphical standpoints. And this is for devices containing particular shader model capabilities. DirectX 9 PS360 won't be able to do DirectX11 stuff. Wii U apparently might have had DirectX11 comparability added, though it uses something else obviously, but could be along the lines. And no, he clearly states that if someone wants to PORT AN UNREAL ENGINE 4 """GAME""", they could. Are you reading it correctly?

PORT an Unreal Engine 4 GAME to Wii U, they could

Game engine scaleability doesn't mean the games made on the engine are scaleable, wow are you really that delusional? And you do know games are optimized for consoles, so those engines will be that efficient on ps4/next xbox so there would be no room to scale it down like on pc.

Yeah they could port an unreal engine 4 phone game I guess.
#193DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 8:52:17 PM
Integnos posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Integnos posted...
Genesis cpu > SNES cpu
Saturn and N64 cpu > PS1 cpu
Xbox and Gamecube cpu > PS2 cpu

....we all know which platforms pimp slapped all the others at the end.
....not that it matters because last gen and this gen are terrible. Its all about portables now, and PC gaming is still going strong like always.

All those consoles were significantly stronger then the previous generation though, wiiU isn't.

And if you want to argue wii's success it's games sucked so that would just make you a tool.

Maybe you should practice reading comprehension before making your last comment.

Maybe you should practice having a point.
#194IntegnosPosted 1/7/2013 8:54:54 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Integnos posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Integnos posted...
Genesis cpu > SNES cpu
Saturn and N64 cpu > PS1 cpu
Xbox and Gamecube cpu > PS2 cpu

....we all know which platforms pimp slapped all the others at the end.
....not that it matters because last gen and this gen are terrible. Its all about portables now, and PC gaming is still going strong like always.

All those consoles were significantly stronger then the previous generation though, wiiU isn't.

And if you want to argue wii's success it's games sucked so that would just make you a tool.

Maybe you should practice reading comprehension before making your last comment.

Maybe you should practice having a point.

My point is that the cpu doesn't matter. Of course, you would know that if you had practiced your reading comprehension like I suggested.
#195GeassMasterPosted 1/7/2013 9:00:05 PM
The CPU isn't really slow guys, it's just comparative to tech made in 2005.
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#196Banjo2553Posted 1/7/2013 9:03:51 PM
SteamedRice posted...
The guy who made a game with massive framerate drops on Wii U?

Which has worse framerate issues on other consoles. I think it's just a poorly optimized game to begin with.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#197aether17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 9:19:38 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

Game engine scaleability doesn't mean the games made on the engine are scaleable, wow are you really that delusional? And you do know games are optimized for consoles, so those engines will be that efficient on ps4/next xbox so there would be no room to scale it down like on pc.

Yeah they could port an unreal engine 4 phone game I guess.

I'm sticking with what I said, because he's clearly stating that a game running the engine would be able to be ported. I'm not being delusional, you now seem to be trolling because anyone with english understanding can read that he says GAME running with UE4 can be ported to Wii U if they'd want. Being optimized for consoles is irrelevant because that's when the porting process comes to mind.
#198DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/7/2013 9:31:53 PM
Where do people keep on pulling these ridiculous % numbers from, anyway?
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#199DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 9:58:56 PM(edited)
aether17 posted...
I'm sticking with what I said, because he's clearly stating that a game running the engine would be able to be ported. I'm not being delusional, you now seem to be trolling because anyone with english understanding can read that he says GAME running with UE4 can be ported to Wii U if they'd want. Being optimized for consoles is irrelevant because that's when the porting process comes to mind.

A game doesn't equal all games. Several unreal games are psn skew not retail skew. I'm sticking with what I said, if the ps4/next xbox games could be ported to wiiU they could be ported ps3/360. wiiU has as much chance of getting next gen multiplats as ps3/360. wiiU isn't any more powerful then ps3/360 it's not going to get games that they can't handle.
#200DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 10:00:06 PM
Integnos posted...
My point is that the cpu doesn't matter. Of course, you would know that if you had practiced your reading comprehension like I suggested.

cpu doesn't matter on an unoptimized pc running a horrible os (windows), it matters on consoles especially when one is about on par with last gen consoles.