Team Ninja: "Wii U CPU is NOT 'horrible and slow'"

#201aether17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 10:13:59 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

A game doesn't equal all games. Several unreal games are psn skew not retail skew. I'm sticking with what I said, if the ps4/next xbox games could be ported to wiiU they could be ported ps3/360. wiiU has as much chance of getting next gen multiplats as ps3/360. wiiU isn't any more powerful then ps3/360 it's not going to get games that they can't handle.

Power isn't all that's relevant. Did you ignore my statement about shader model architecture? DirectX9 isn't DirectX11, PS4720 will use AMD GPUs that use models comparable to DirectX11, and there's been talk that Wii U's GPU has DirectX11 comparable features. PS360 wont be getting the games due to the lack of modern architecture regarding DirectX comparability. They have D9, PS4720 (and perhaps Wii U) have D11. Get it now?
#202DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 10:17:07 PM
aether17 posted...
Power isn't all that's relevant. Did you ignore my statement about shader model architecture? DirectX9 isn't DirectX11, PS4720 will use AMD GPUs that use models comparable to DirectX11, and there's been talk that Wii U's GPU has DirectX11 comparable features. PS360 wont be getting the games due to the lack of modern architecture regarding DirectX comparability. They have D9, PS4720 (and perhaps Wii U) have D11. Get it now?

If the game is built from the ground up and optimized for something with far more processing power (ps4/next xbox) none of that will matter. It's like trying to keep up with something that can go 200 km/h with something that only goes 100 km/h, it doesn't matter how new or compatible the parts are it's not going to happen if it's going full speed.
#203BlackPhoenix127Posted 1/7/2013 10:27:53 PM
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen anyone argue with the fail that is demon dog for this long. You must enjoy bashing your head against a brick wall, TC.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#204bigjclassicPosted 1/7/2013 10:36:35 PM
I can't believe that people still think that the next MSony box will be so much stronger than the Wii U.

One of them will probably release this fall, meaning that the basic specs are completed. Both may be akin to a "Super Wii U", but not so monstrously powerful that games will not appear on all 3.

It is just not feasable in the real world, unless they are going to intentionally kill off devs. 1 flop and your finished (see Free Radical and the 007 legends dev)
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
My channel: youtube.com/classicviolence
#2052000eramaaxPosted 1/7/2013 10:47:43 PM
I like it when topics get popular because it's 'troll sensitive'

You guys argue over plastic,literally.The CPU speeds honestly doesn't matter these days,but if you Nintendo fanboys going keep fighting over the WiiU when you already won.The CPU isn't bad,plus the 1GB ram help's alot in speeds already.You guys the Speed is decent,if not,awesome.
---
WiiU/3DS Fc: 2363-6674-0779
maniax300/maax300/manax300
#206DiscostewSMPosted 1/7/2013 10:54:46 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
aether17 posted...

If the game is built from the ground up and optimized for something with far more processing power (ps4/next xbox) none of that will matter. It's like trying to keep up with something that can go 200 km/h with something that only goes 100 km/h, it doesn't matter how new or compatible the parts are it's not going to happen if it's going full speed.

Why does everyone think the target platform will only be the PS4 or 720? For all we know, developers will start with the Wii U, and then use scalability to take advantage of the later console's better hardware.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#207aether17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 10:54:51 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

*sigh*, scalability sir. The engine will allow the games to be scalable.....You know what? I'm just telling you what Mark Rein said, if you have questions or concerns about Wii U getting ports please ask Mr. Rein, he'll answer everything for you. Have a good day/night.

BlackPhoenix127 posted...
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen anyone argue with the fail that is demon dog for this long. You must enjoy bashing your head against a brick wall, TC.

I'm not necessarily a "veteran" here on gamefaqs (I joined not too long ago), so i'm still learning who's who around here. In other words, i'm still figuring out who's normally normal and who I can refer to as a Troll. I guess that was pretty dumb of me for talking that long to him after suspected trolling earlier.

Anyway, yeah, the CPU is likely not next gen (Team Ninja said themselves), and I guess that's obvious because people would think next gen is something 6-8+ times more powerful. I mean, spec-wise I wouldnt consider a system with overall processing power (not accounting graphics) of about maybe 2 times (3 will be pushing it) PS360 to be "next-gen".
#208ElectricMolePosted 1/7/2013 10:56:50 PM
bigjclassic posted...
I can't believe that people still think that the next MSony box will be so much stronger than the Wii U.

It is just not feasable in the real world, unless they are going to intentionally kill off devs. 1 flop and your finished (see Free Radical and the 007 legends dev)

its a matter of wii U's 2008-based gpu and a new gpu that will do justice to what square showed with the Agni tech demo.

Next gen projections are aiming for what Luminous, Fox, and UE4 engine demos have shown off to the public.

Laurels go to the company that make the console that caters to these studios. Dont worry about them, they wont be killed off. In fact, the studios are the ones who are setting the bar for the new game graphics standard, not the console companies.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#209DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 11:18:43 PM(edited)
aether17 posted...
*sigh*, scalability sir. The engine will allow the games to be scalable.....You know what? I'm just telling you what Mark Rein said, if you have questions or concerns about Wii U getting ports please ask Mr. Rein, he'll answer everything for you. Have a good day/night

You can't live in a scale model either. You can't have something that requires way more processing power work on something with way less without massive reduction to quality like ps3/360 games ported to wii.
#210BlackPhoenix127Posted 1/7/2013 11:48:30 PM
aether17 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

*sigh*, scalability sir. The engine will allow the games to be scalable.....You know what? I'm just telling you what Mark Rein said, if you have questions or concerns about Wii U getting ports please ask Mr. Rein, he'll answer everything for you. Have a good day/night.

BlackPhoenix127 posted...

I'm not necessarily a "veteran" here on gamefaqs (I joined not too long ago), so i'm still learning who's who around here. In other words, i'm still figuring out who's normally normal and who I can refer to as a Troll. I guess that was pretty dumb of me for talking that long to him after suspected trolling earlier.

Anyway, yeah, the CPU is likely not next gen (Team Ninja said themselves), and I guess that's obvious because people would think next gen is something 6-8+ times more powerful. I mean, spec-wise I wouldnt consider a system with overall processing power (not accounting graphics) of about maybe 2 times (3 will be pushing it) PS360 to be "next-gen".

Yeah, you've been arguing with one of Nintendo's biggest trolls. It's best to just put him on ignore and move along. Also be on the lookout for SailorGoon, Spiritofthebat (or something like that) and Lume....something something.

Of course, there are also huge fanboys around here too. If you're looking for an unbiased and moderate conversation on anything WiiU related, you're in the wrong place.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge