Team Ninja: "Wii U CPU is NOT 'horrible and slow'"

#211aether17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 12:40:01 AM
BlackPhoenix127 posted...

Yeah, you've been arguing with one of Nintendo's biggest trolls. It's best to just put him on ignore and move along. Also be on the lookout for SailorGoon, Spiritofthebat (or something like that) and Lume....something something.

Of course, there are also huge fanboys around here too. If you're looking for an unbiased and moderate conversation on anything WiiU related, you're in the wrong place.

Lol don't worry, I didn't join this place for much of conversations with many people, just to look around, maybe say some things to others. There are several people who can hold a good conversation.....and then there are the fanboys, trolls and fan-trolls.
#212PaladinrjaPosted 1/8/2013 7:00:04 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
aether17 posted...
*sigh*, scalability sir. The engine will allow the games to be scalable.....You know what? I'm just telling you what Mark Rein said, if you have questions or concerns about Wii U getting ports please ask Mr. Rein, he'll answer everything for you. Have a good day/night

You can't live in a scale model either. You can't have something that requires way more processing power work on something with way less without massive reduction to quality like ps3/360 games ported to wii.

WTF are you talking about? My god this is exactly why you imbeciles p.off the so called nerds (what is that in this day & age anyways?) because with your passing rudimentary knowledge you go on for ages & ages with someone more adept at the subject than you will ever be.
aether17 is talking instruction & process models; and you're talking end product semantics! are you that f'ing dense? really? what moron, stfu already DemonDog666. Geeez.

aether17 this guy has been rewording his BS post after post. He's not worth the time it would take to explain it to him. Great thread dude, sorry it got derailed by these ignorant f'ing pests.
#213PaladinrjaPosted 1/8/2013 7:13:45 AM
ElectricMole posted...
bigjclassic posted...
I can't believe that people still think that the next MSony box will be so much stronger than the Wii U.

It is just not feasable in the real world, unless they are going to intentionally kill off devs. 1 flop and your finished (see Free Radical and the 007 legends dev)

its a matter of wii U's 2008-based gpu and a new gpu that will do justice to what square showed with the Agni tech demo.

Next gen projections are aiming for what Luminous, Fox, and UE4 engine demos have shown off to the public.

Laurels go to the company that make the console that caters to these studios. Dont worry about them, they wont be killed off. In fact, the studios are the ones who are setting the bar for the new game graphics standard, not the console companies.

This is so wellwritten & concise it should be stickied! word.
#214SolisPosted 1/8/2013 8:20:40 AM
aether17 posted...
Power isn't all that's relevant. Did you ignore my statement about shader model architecture? DirectX9 isn't DirectX11, PS4720 will use AMD GPUs that use models comparable to DirectX11, and there's been talk that Wii U's GPU has DirectX11 comparable features. PS360 wont be getting the games due to the lack of modern architecture regarding DirectX comparability. They have D9, PS4720 (and perhaps Wii U) have D11. Get it now?

Well, "talk" that the Wii U's GPU has DirectX 11 comparable features doesn't exactly indicate anything, Crytek claimed they had "DirectX 11 features" up on the Xbox 360/PS3:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-24-crytek-has-dx11-graphics-running-on-crysis-3-on-ps3-xbox-360

Regardless of that, while the PS3's GPU is lacking in featureset, the Xbox 360's was highly advanced for its time and is far more capable than you might suspect. In fact many features which became a staple of DirectX10/11 were seen on the Xbox 360's GPU architecture: unified shaders, tessellation, GPGPU functionality/direct memory access, etc. Even at its core, the Xbox 360's GPU features vertex and shader processing far more advanced than what any version of DirectX 9 supports:

http://www.beyond3d.com/content/articles/4/9

Now certainly, I would expect the Wii U's GPU to have more functionality than the Xbox 360's. However not everything is as clear cut as a simple DirectX version compatibility comparison. It's certainly possible that the Xbox 360 will be capable enough to support the same basic features that the "DirectX 11" software on next generation consoles require, or even that the capabilities and features of the other next generation systems will exceed what the Wii U can provide (especially since we don't have details about the architecture of the Wii U's GPU). There are many factors that go well beyond the basic concepts of PC DirectX standards.

I would agree that the PS3 is more than likely too far behind in capabilities to be a consideration for "next gen" games however. In fact if anything, the gap in architecture between the PS3 and Xbox 360 is likely even bigger than the jump between the Xbox 360 and DirectX 11 hardware. Of course, this is aside from the obvious performance difference there would be between the platforms.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#215PaladinrjaPosted 1/8/2013 8:42:39 AM
Solis posted...
lots read up

Why are we talking about DX & consoles at the same time, or are you just using DX to illustrate featureset support conventions?
#216SolisPosted 1/8/2013 9:27:10 AM
Paladinrja posted...
Solis posted...
lots read up

Why are we talking about DX & consoles at the same time, or are you just using DX to illustrate featureset support conventions?

My point was that the actual features are what should be compared between GPUs, not just what DirectX number its hardware would theoretically support. That's why I put quotation marks around any time I referenced the "DirectX" level in a console, and why I pointed out the capabilities of the Xbox 360's GPU don't fit into what you'd expect a DirectX 9 GPU to have.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#217Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/8/2013 9:33:53 AM
Well, from this latest information about the 720..It seems GG for the Wii U

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46192056&postcount=1

8 Core CPU, 8gb ram, 8xxx series AMD GPU which isn't even released yet

Person includes source.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#218DemonDog666Posted 1/8/2013 9:38:30 AM
Paladinrja posted...
WTF are you talking about? My god this is exactly why you imbeciles p.off the so called nerds (what is that in this day & age anyways?) because with your passing rudimentary knowledge you go on for ages & ages with someone more adept at the subject than you will ever be.
aether17 is talking instruction & process models; and you're talking end product semantics! are you that f'ing dense? really? what moron, stfu already DemonDog666. Geeez.

aether17 this guy has been rewording his BS post after post. He's not worth the time it would take to explain it to him. Great thread dude, sorry it got derailed by these ignorant f'ing pests.

It doesn't matter how adept you are if you are delusional and using false assumptions.
#219PaladinrjaPosted 1/8/2013 10:38:36 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
It doesn't matter how adept you are if you are delusional and using false assumptions.

You can say that, but there is nothing behind your words. You're just saying it.
#220DemonDog666Posted 1/8/2013 1:52:52 PM
Paladinrja posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

You can say that, but there is nothing behind your words. You're just saying it.

So you don't think someone who is delusional and using false assumptions would get the wrong answer to a math question just because they were good at math?

There is truth behind what i said.