Team Ninja: "Wii U CPU is NOT 'horrible and slow'"

#221geneticsftwPosted 1/8/2013 2:56:44 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Paladinrja posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
It doesn't matter how adept you are if you are delusional and using false assumptions.

You can say that, but there is nothing behind your words. You're just saying it.

So you don't think someone who is delusional and using false assumptions would get the wrong answer to a math question just because they were good at math?

There is truth behind what i said.

Are you calling yourself delusional, if so congrats on finally admitting it.
---
Sweet
#222aether17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 3:26:50 PM
Solis posted...

Stuff

I know that some developers were able to create games using some clever tricks to sort of "fake" DirectX11-like capabilities (it's not impossible), however they aren't running games fully reliant on comparable DirectX11.

Crytek
but they don't have the same streamlined pipeline you would have with a DX11 structure, but they can get to a similar result just by experimenting and using tips and tricks

There is a difference between being able to create a game using pseudo- D11 vs actual D11, which I believe plays a factor to why PS360 won't be able to use UE4 for example.

The 360 GPU was sort of a "test" GPU for ATi, containing features that were to be implemented in the R600 family (it was based on the R520 I think), so it's not surprising that it contains several things from D10/11 (they obviously aren't amazingly different like D7 to D9 for example, comparing 6th gen consoles). RSX was simply based on the 7800GTX, a bit slower, some reductions here and there, and that's all there is to it. Xenos was an impressive piece of tech back then (it was like a preview to the future, with a taste of it as well). It's shader architecture was in use all the time, nothing was wasted, which leads to great performances. RSX lacks in this department, along with lacking the 10MB EDRAM, it just falls behind and relies quite a bit on Cell.

I know there's more to this than D11, but considering what we have with us currently, this is my pseudo-conclusion. I may be making conclusions too soon.

Overall, I'd expect Wii U's GPU to surpass Xenos (several people have stated on NeoGaf to be at least 2X Xenos (likely more), mainly due to its modern architecture and it was before the improvements to the final dev kits), but I'm not underestimating Xenos, it's amazing what devs can do with it today, and one can wonder what they'll be doing with the U GPU in the future. It's a shame that the next xbox will be using re-branded 7000 series cards (apparently if it uses the 8000 series (doubtful), they look to be simply rebranded 7000 series) I don't expect the same level of amazement towards neXtBox's GPU like I did with Xenos. Unless the GPU becomes a "test" GPU like Xenos was.
#223PaladinrjaPosted 1/8/2013 3:31:59 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Paladinrja posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
It doesn't matter how adept you are if you are delusional and using false assumptions.

You can say that, but there is nothing behind your words. You're just saying it.

So you don't think someone who is delusional and using false assumptions would get the wrong answer to a math question just because they were good at math?

There is truth behind what i said.

Screw the question. aether17 is almost 100% correct in both his knowledge & how it pertains to the topic.
You are talking about two entirely different aspects of the same discussion.
Instead of being rude to him you could've conceded his points & displayed that you understood what he was talking about.
Are you sure it is not you who are being delusional?
#224DemonDog666Posted 1/8/2013 3:44:29 PM(edited)
Paladinrja posted...
Screw the question. aether17 is almost 100% correct in both his knowledge & how it pertains to the topic.
You are talking about two entirely different aspects of the same discussion.
Instead of being rude to him you could've conceded his points & displayed that you understood what he was talking about.
Are you sure it is not you who are being delusional?

His point is moot, that's what you and he doesn't understand. It doesn't matter if it's a more compatible hardware or it can do things slightly beyond ps3/360 abilities because of the gpu it can't play a game that is made for and optimized for a console with several times more processing power.
#225PaladinrjaPosted 1/8/2013 3:45:06 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
His point is moot, that's what you and he doesn't understand. It doesn't matter if it's a more compatible harddrive or it can do things slightly beyond ps3/360 abilities it can't play a game that is made for and optimized for a console with several times more processing power.

Thats it, I'm convinced. You don't have the slightest idea as to what a game engine is. Sorry.
#226PaladinrjaPosted 1/8/2013 3:45:30 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
His point is moot, that's what you and he doesn't understand. It doesn't matter if it's a more compatible harddrive or it can do things slightly beyond ps3/360 abilities it can't play a game that is made for and optimized for a console with several times more processing power.

Thats it, I'm convinced. You don't have the slightest idea as to what a game engine is. Sorry.
#227geneticsftwPosted 1/8/2013 3:46:54 PM
Paladinrja posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

I agree with both of your posts XD
---
Sweet
#228PaladinrjaPosted 1/8/2013 3:55:28 PM
geneticsftw posted...
Paladinrja posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Sorry dunno what happened there. I posted the reply then gamefaqs returned that it hadn't saved the preview correctly, dumped me back to said preview, then I sent it again.
#229DemonDog666Posted 1/8/2013 3:58:43 PM
Paladinrja posted...

You can't play an unreal engine 3 game for ps3 on a phone with the unreal engine 3 or wii with the unreal engine 3 same thing will be with 4 on the wiiU.
#230geneticsftwPosted 1/8/2013 4:00:26 PM
Paladinrja posted...
geneticsftw posted...
Paladinrja posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Sorry dunno what happened there. I posted the reply then gamefaqs returned that it hadn't saved the preview correctly, dumped me back to said preview, then I sent it again.

Still its a post worth seeing twice, kick that doggie ) o.o (
---
Sweet