Team Ninja: "Wii U CPU is NOT 'horrible and slow'"

#41ElectricMolePosted 1/7/2013 1:05:40 PM
“If you’re basing this simply on processor speed, then it’s not next generation,” he says.

Hayashi is trollin' too, I guess?
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#42DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 1:06:15 PM
aether17 posted...
I have always believed that the CPU just couldn't be weaker, yet people (no, Trolls and several supposed "tech xperts") took several claims (which can be refuted) and simply assumed it's weaker than Xenon (it's likely weaker than Cell.) The CPU, at least the way I see it, is still a mystery. I'm not accepting Marcan's claims quite yet.

Once factoring everything in (lack of harddrive, proprietary drive, tablet controller ect.) wiiU has about as much going towards the cpu/gpu as ps3 would. I honestly think it could go either way but which ever one edges out doesn't really matter it's still in last gen league being a next gen console which isn't good.
#43PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 1:08:49 PM
aether17 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Can't believe you guys still have a complex about the Wii U's processor.

It's been almost 2 months

I have always believed that the CPU just couldn't be weaker, yet people (no, Trolls and several supposed "tech xperts") took several claims (which can be refuted) and simply assumed it's weaker than Xenon (it's likely weaker than Cell.) The CPU, at least the way I see it, is still a mystery. I'm not accepting Marcan's claims quite yet.

Nor should you. Unless I read something wrong, Team Ninja have another title due out soon apart from NG:RzE, that they have been working on since early in the Us developement. Dev kits went out a year ago, so thats a year in. Aparently its a new IP. Its games like this which will show us what the U can do, games built for it from the ground up.
#44DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 1:09:14 PM
aether17 posted...
Fanboys? I just posted this because of several people kept stating it was weaker. Refuting that claim I guess. Getting next gen multiplats would depend on a business standpoint, not specs (that is, if devs are right when they state that the engines will be supremely scalable).

Wrong, just because an engine is scale-able doesn't mean that everything made on the engine is scale-able. Phones can run Unreal Engine but it can't play ps3/360 unreal engine games.

Devs won't be able to put ps4/next xbox multiplats on wiiU anymore then they could put them on ps3/360. Sure some psn level games might come and some might be dumbed down like the lego games are dumbed down for 3DS/DS or modern warefare for wii but the bulk of it won't be able to come.
#45bleedingelitePosted 1/7/2013 1:13:09 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
aether17 posted...
Fanboys? I just posted this because of several people kept stating it was weaker. Refuting that claim I guess. Getting next gen multiplats would depend on a business standpoint, not specs (that is, if devs are right when they state that the engines will be supremely scalable).

Wrong, just because an engine is scale-able doesn't mean that everything made on the engine is scale-able. Phones can run Unreal Engine but it can't play ps3/360 unreal engine games.

Devs won't be able to put ps4/next xbox multiplats on wiiU anymore then they could put them on ps3/360. Sure some psn level games might come and some might be dumbed down like the lego games are dumbed down for 3DS/DS or modern warefare for wii but the bulk of it won't be able to come.

You keep using the words "ps3" and "games" next to each other, which makes me think that you're trolling. Everybody knows that ps3 has no gaems.
#46PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 1:20:13 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

Ummm what?.. You just contradicted yourself.
#47DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 1:26:29 PM
Paladinrja posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Not really unless you take generalizations as literals and believe exceptions are impossible.
#48Big_IsaacPosted 1/7/2013 1:29:49 PM
hey, check it out! Team Ninja's public apology for Metroid Other M!
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#49PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 1:30:51 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Paladinrja posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Not really unless you take generalizations as literals and believe exceptions are impossible.

Yes, yes very clever but you really did. Look.
#50Zato InfinitePosted 1/7/2013 1:32:28 PM
He just gave the Wii U props! What more do you people want?