---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8
Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964001631
#52DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 12:34:15 PM
Paladinrja posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Paladinrja posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Wrong, just because an engine is scale-able doesn't mean that everything made on the engine is scale-able. Phones can run Unreal Engine but it can't play ps3/360 unreal engine games.

Devs won't be able to put ps4/next xbox multiplats on wiiU anymore then they could put them on ps3/360. Sure some psn level games might come and some might be dumbed down like the lego games are dumbed down for 3DS/DS or modern warefare for wii but the bulk of it won't be able to come.

Ummm what?.. You just contradicted yourself.

Not really unless you take generalizations as literals and believe exceptions are impossible.

Yes, yes very clever but you really did. Look.

No I really didn't, what are you even talking about, I need to know in order to correct you.
#53PannerPosted 1/7/2013 12:36:52 PM
I guess i shouldn't have upgraded from my P4 Intel possessor running at 3.4ghz to my AMD Phenom II X4 running at 2.8ghz because obviously the P4 is so much more powerful.
---
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it
#54bleedingelitePosted 1/7/2013 12:38:18 PM
Panner posted...
I guess i shouldn't have upgraded from my P4 Intel possessor running at 3.4ghz to my AMD Phenom II X4 running at 2.8ghz because obviously the P4 is so much more powerful.

You should get one of the new i7s, to be honest.
#55aether17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 12:39:34 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

Once factoring everything in (lack of harddrive, proprietary drive, tablet controller ect.) wiiU has about as much going towards the cpu/gpu as ps3 would. I honestly think it could go either way but which ever one edges out doesn't really matter it's still in last gen league being a next gen console which isn't good.

Hm? Lol no. Wii U has a much better GPU (even the 360 GPU is better than RSX, and U GPU is better than Xenos), the CPU would likely be weaker than Cell, but it also has 4 times the RAM (yes, I know only 1GB for games, but don't forget the PS3 also reserves some RAM for OS, just not as much, so a little over 2 times for games) bandwidth is slower, but it has 32MB EDRAM, and the allocation of the PS3 RAM is a mess (256 MB main, 256MB video, rather gimping for certain games, like Skyrim) a Drive over 2 times the speed, dedicated silicon for I/O and sound (which otherwise would be done on Cell itself), thus far not simply "on par" with the PS3. Not a major upgrade obviously, but I think you (and others) are underestimating Wii U's power. It's certainly closer to the PS360 than to the PS4720 though (based on rumors and what we know. Knowing more about the GPU base and further specs would help out more).

DemonDog666 posted...

Wrong, just because an engine is scale-able doesn't mean that everything made on the engine is scale-able. Phones can run Unreal Engine but it can't play ps3/360 unreal engine games.

Devs won't be able to put ps4/next xbox multiplats on wiiU anymore then they could put them on ps3/360. Sure some psn level games might come and some might be dumbed down like the lego games are dumbed down for 3DS/DS or modern warefare for wii but the bulk of it won't be able to come.

Um ok. Epic themselves said that they have no plans for Unreal Engine 4 for Wii U, but then stated that if others wanted to use it for the system, they could. How does that equal Wii U not being able to handle it?
#56PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 12:40:35 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Paladinrja posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Paladinrja posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Ummm what?.. You just contradicted yourself.

Not really unless you take generalizations as literals and believe exceptions are impossible.

Yes, yes very clever but you really did. Look.

No I really didn't, what are you even talking about, I need to know in order to correct you.

Nah, forget it based on that. If you asked I was gonna show you in a PM. Since you wanna be overproud about it & rude. Forget it.
#57PannerPosted 1/7/2013 12:41:53 PM
bleedingelite posted...
Panner posted...

You should get one of the new i7s, to be honest.

Ive had the AMD for a couple of years now, so its all good.
---
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it
#58DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 12:44:54 PM
aether17 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Once factoring everything in (lack of harddrive, proprietary drive, tablet controller ect.) wiiU has about as much going towards the cpu/gpu as ps3 would. I honestly think it could go either way but which ever one edges out doesn't really matter it's still in last gen league being a next gen console which isn't good.

Hm? Lol no. Wii U has a much better GPU (even the 360 GPU is better than RSX, and U GPU is better than Xenos), the CPU would likely be weaker than Cell, but it also has 4 times the RAM (yes, I know only 1GB for games, but don't forget the PS3 also reserves some RAM for OS, just not as much, so a little over 2 times for games) bandwidth is slower, but it has 32MB EDRAM, and the allocation of the PS3 RAM is a mess (256 MB main, 256MB video, rather gimping for certain games, like Skyrim) a Drive over 2 times the speed, dedicated silicon for I/O and sound (which otherwise would be done on Cell itself), thus far not simply "on par" with the PS3. Not a major upgrade obviously, but I think you (and others) are underestimating Wii U's power. It's certainly closer to the PS360 than to the PS4720 though (based on rumors and what we know. Knowing more about the GPU base and further specs would help out more).

DemonDog666 posted...

Um ok. Epic themselves said that they have no plans for Unreal Engine 4 for Wii U, but then stated that if others wanted to use it for the system, they could. How does that equal Wii U not being able to handle it?

I was talking about the price going to cpu/gpu, also ps3 gpu probably costs more then it's worth right now because it is so old. As for the engine thing, how can you people not understand that? Mirror's Edge is an unreal engine game, phones can run the unreal engine, can phones run Mirror's Edge? No. Did I dumb it down enough for you?
#59DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 12:47:19 PM
Paladinrja posted...
Nah, forget it based on that. If you asked I was gonna show you in a PM. Since you wanna be overproud about it & rude. Forget it.

I never sent you a pm... so how would it be me contradicting myself? Unless you were fooled by a troll with an account with a name almost identical to mine
#60ElectricMolePosted 1/7/2013 12:47:22 PM
If they want to run Unreal Engine 4 on a GameBoy, they're free to do so.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188