Team Ninja: "Wii U CPU is NOT 'horrible and slow'"

#61PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 1:49:03 PM
aether17 posted...
“ I think that comment was just 4A trying to find a scapegoat for a simple business decision on their part."

I said that. Does that make me better than Michael Pachter? lol actually, a long dead ant encrsted in 3,000,000 yr old Amber is better qualified than Pachter on anything gaming & its business.
#62OrangeSchweesePosted 1/7/2013 1:53:38 PM
Right. It's not horrible and slow, but it will be relatively weak once the new Sony/MS consoles have been released.
#63PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 1:56:12 PM
OrangeSchweese posted...
Right. It's not horrible and slow, but it will be relatively weak once the new Sony/MS consoles have been released.

Hey, believe whatever makes you happy, I say.
#64aether17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 1:57:56 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
I was talking about the price going to cpu/gpu, also ps3 gpu probably costs more then it's worth right now because it is so old. As for the engine thing, how can you people not understand that? Mirror's Edge is an unreal engine game, phones can run the unreal engine, can phones run Mirror's Edge? No. Did I dumb it down enough for you?

It seems like you were trying to tell me that the money put in for the specs isn't enough to surpass the PS3. It's not hard to surpass the specs with 180-200 US dollars worth of tech (considering the mass production cost reductions)

Epic themselves said that if others wanted to use Unreal Engine 4 for Wii U, they could. If somehow that means Wii U cannot support it, then I don't understand the language you're speaking. How much clearer can I be with what Epic stated themselves?
#65aether17(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 2:08:05 PM
aether17 posted...
Mirror's Edge is an unreal engine game, phones can run the unreal engine, can phones run Mirror's Edge? No. Did I dumb it down enough for you?

Phones run a modified Unreal Engine, if Epic says Wii U can run the actual Unreal Engine 4, then I don't see what the problem is besides a business standpoint would be.
#66IcecreamdunwichPosted 1/7/2013 2:09:18 PM
“If you’re basing this simply on processor speed, then it’s not next generation,” he says. “If you’re basing this on Wii U being a new idea that challenges existing platforms, then it definitely is next generation. It is a console videogame platform that is now independent of the TV. Nobody has done that before.

He also says the processor is not next generation as well, that is' doing well to compete with the Current consoles which released years ago.

He also says it's there’s no way that the Wii U processor is ‘horrible and slow’ compared to other platforms

Which means, it's not fast nor slow compared to other platforms, it's basically on par with a 360 and PS3, which is bad considering the replacements for those systems are more than likely coming this year

Sadly they will ignore this :c
#67PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 2:11:40 PM
@DemonDog666>>
By extension mate, scalability of the engine means it will run on whatever has the bare minimum ability to run it.
What you're describing to me with the 'PS3 version of engine' is the output using that engine. Or in other words a PS3 game. If this is what you mean then yes, other hardware won't load it. There are so many reasons for this.
#68MichaeIPachterPosted 1/7/2013 2:12:44 PM
No offense, but publishers don't care about Team Ninja's opinions. They have access to the 720 and they know that the future is with Microsoft, not Nintendo.
---
It's a profit deal.
#69PaladinrjaPosted 1/7/2013 2:14:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#70CarpetfluffPosted 1/7/2013 2:15:35 PM
They have a game on the system, and one with something to prove after they've tweaked it due to the pasting reviews and fans gave it on other machines, so of course they'll be polite about it...for now. If the game tanks, then we'll see if they start blaming shortcomings in the hardware.