I have some questions about the Wii U

#1Vexu192Posted 1/7/2013 4:59:53 PM
1) How does the "Play a game on your gamepad" feature work? Are there limitations? How many games use this feature?

2) How does the gamepad feel? Does it feel comfortable? The analog sticks look a little too high up on the pad

3) About how long does the gamepad last on a full charge? Can you buy a gamepad from stores yet? If one breaks how would you get another one?

4) Will the gamepad work on Wii games? Or will I need to use a Wiimote?

5) Is the virtual console up and running on the system? Will they add gamecube games?

Thanks for the help!
#2Vexu192(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 5:06:27 PM
bump
#3Gage59Posted 1/7/2013 5:07:19 PM
Gamepad takes a little getting used to but now i prefer it. Games play just fine on it and several games play on it. Its comfortable not to heavy. On a full charge maybe 4 or 5 hrs.

The analog sticks take getting used too but trust me it works. You cant buy one at stores yet I'm sure if you let nintendo know your dog ate it and sent the remains they would help you get another.

Wii games work with wii motes same with vc for now. They haven't added gc yet but will it just takes time its brand new.
---
Nintendo ID: Infinitybit_KZ
Currently playing: Ninja Gaiden 3 RE
#4nintendo3000Posted 1/7/2013 5:12:06 PM
Vexu192 posted...
1) How does the "Play a game on your gamepad" feature work? Are there limitations? How many games use this feature?

2) How does the gamepad feel? Does it feel comfortable? The analog sticks look a little too high up on the pad

3) About how long does the gamepad last on a full charge? Can you buy a gamepad from stores yet? If one breaks how would you get another one?

4) Will the gamepad work on Wii games? Or will I need to use a Wiimote?

5) Is the virtual console up and running on the system? Will they add gamecube games?

Thanks for the help!

1)NSMB, NG3RE, ME3, Skylanders Giants, S&SASRT, AC3, CODBO2, BACAE.
2) Feels fine to me
3) 3 Hours, no, IDK
4)Wiimote
5) The Wii VC is up but haven't heard anything about VC for Wii U.
---
Karma hit 666 at 9/5/11
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!
#5Petey_MeanisPosted 1/7/2013 5:17:04 PM
1) How does the "Play a game on your gamepad" feature work?

depends on the game. some let you switch in the game options, some you just swipe down on the gamepad screen.

How many games use this feature?

Assassinís Creed 3
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
Ben 10 Omniverse
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Darksiders 2
Fifa 13
Little Inferno
Madden NFL 13
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Mass Effect 3
Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition
Nano Assault Neo
NBA 2K13
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razorís Edge
Puddle
Skylanders Giants
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Trine 2: Directorís Cut
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyer
Tank!Tank!Tank!

2) How does the gamepad feel? Does it feel comfortable? The analog sticks look a little too high up on the pad. About how long does the gamepad last on a full charge?

comfortable, light and effective.. depending on brightness and the game you're playing/app you're using.. 3-5 hours but you can use it plugged in.

Can you buy a gamepad from stores yet? If one breaks how would you get another one? Will the gamepad work on Wii games? will I need to use a Wiimote?

not yet. no reason to as no game currently supports two gamepads. If it breaks due to manufacturing defects and is under warranty you get a new one for free. If you break it a replacement costs $85. no gamepad can't be used for Wii games.. yes you'll need one.

in Wii mode yes. no one knows about GC support
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#6Vexu192(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 5:28:38 PM
Holy crap that is a lot of games!!! I'm glad, that was a huge reason of why I was interested in this console.

So does it work through Wifi? Or can you just not leave a certain radius? Could I play on the gamepad in a room next to mine?
#7Gage59Posted 1/7/2013 5:42:28 PM(edited)
you don't need online to use the gamepad. The controller can go about 27ft from the console depending on how thick your walls are maybe less. If your console is connected online you can access the internet on the gamepad.

---
Nintendo ID: Infinitybit_KZ
Currently playing: Ninja Gaiden 3 RE