IGN slams the Wii U launch, how can this be considered unbiased journalism?

#51DemonDog666Posted 1/7/2013 9:55:40 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Wii U had one of the best launches, well at least largest launches in gaming history. Yet people complain about no games.

It seems every time a console launches, they act like its never happened before and everything comes instantaneous.

If you count last gen ports that cost more and play worse...

The last gen ports have all the DLC on them. And your second part is opinion.

So does the GOTY edition that I got for 30 bucks that doesn't have framerate issues (which btw isn't my opinion it's fact) instead of 60 that would cost on wiiU and all the wiiU exclusive stuff is totally unnecessary (talking about the batman AC game specifically mostly right now)
#52Wiiplayer111Posted 1/7/2013 10:01:04 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Wii U had one of the best launches, well at least largest launches in gaming history. Yet people complain about no games.

It seems every time a console launches, they act like its never happened before and everything comes instantaneous.

If you count last gen ports that cost more and play worse...

The last gen ports have all the DLC on them. And your second part is opinion.

So does the GOTY edition that I got for 30 bucks that doesn't have framerate issues (which btw isn't my opinion it's fact) instead of 60 that would cost on wiiU and all the wiiU exclusive stuff is totally unnecessary (talking about the batman AC game specifically mostly right now)

1. Bad port is bad port. I've never noticed any issues with it. But the port was handled by some nobodies.

2. Shop around.

3. Opinion
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#53DemonDog666Posted 1/8/2013 9:22:18 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
1. Bad port is bad port. I've never noticed any issues with it. But the port was handled by some nobodies.

2. Shop around.

3. Opinion

1. All the retail games have framerate issues and wiiU isn't hard to develop for like ps3 was, it's not the port it's the console.

2. It's 60 on the wiiU there's no getting around that for months.

3. Actually it's not opinion, look up the word necessary.
#54TerotrousPosted 1/8/2013 9:42:52 AM
Yes, everyone knows Nintendo missed opportunities with the Wii U launch. They should have launched with some bold new IP or at least a top-level effort in one of their existing IPs and they didn't. They always do this kind of thing, neglecting to take that final step that would propel them to total market dominance.

My theory is that they do it like this because they like a challenge. It's like playing Contra without using the spread gun. Sure, they COULD announce a new F-Zero and Starfox and blow everyone's doors off, but that's too easy. A true pro can beat Contra without any weapon upgrades at all.

Either that, or Nintendo is managed by the biggest group of morons imaginable. Or some combination of both. Japan is a weird place.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#55higherflyerJPosted 1/8/2013 9:53:03 AM
Terotrous posted...
Yes, everyone knows Nintendo missed opportunities with the Wii U launch. They should have launched with some bold new IP or at least a top-level effort in one of their existing IPs and they didn't. They always do this kind of thing, neglecting to take that final step that would propel them to total market dominance.

My theory is that they do it like this because they like a challenge. It's like playing Contra without using the spread gun. Sure, they COULD announce a new F-Zero and Starfox and blow everyone's doors off, but that's too easy. A true pro can beat Contra without any weapon upgrades at all.

Either that, or Nintendo is managed by the biggest group of morons imaginable. Or some combination of both. Japan is a weird place.

It seems like 90% of the gaming industry is managed by morons who did not grow up gaming and have no idea what real gamers want.
#56XMasterMarioXPosted 1/8/2013 10:09:29 AM
the new post lol
#57CrysianiaPosted 1/8/2013 12:01:28 PM
Despite not liking the wii u myself, why the hell do you care what IGN says? As a company they are complete useless sellouts.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#58FGMPRPosted 1/8/2013 6:36:10 PM
You can't spell 'ignorance' without IG.... oh wait, he's spot on, isn't he?
---
If you believe in Satan, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
#59AhnoldDoodPosted 1/8/2013 7:08:04 PM
Terotrous posted...
They should have launched with some bold new IP or at least a top-level effort in one of their existing IPs and they didn't.

*cough*Nintendo Land*cough*New Super Mario Bros. U*cough*
#60IChangedMyNamePosted 1/8/2013 7:12:14 PM
Well for me there's absolutely nothing for the Wii U to play that I haven't already played.

I bought the Wii U for Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends and Monster Hunter 3G... 2 of which got pushed back.

Its cool though, all consoles release and have this issue, sure its annoying but patience is all that really matters and if you dont have that you shouldn't even own a console with in the first year.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)