do you truly enjoy online play?

#11TheBonfiniPosted 1/7/2013 8:42:05 PM
The most I ever enjoyed online was playing Unreal Tournament back in the day on a PC with a cable internet connection when most people had some kind of phone connection, I assume. I always had the best ping in the matches or close to always and I was pretty good so I could dominate Instagib matches where the latency really had an effect. It was fun to be the best at something for a little while.

I also had fun playing Warcraft 2 and Red Alert online. Diablo was very fun as well. I played NHL and Street Fighter some but routinely would get my ass handed to me. It was still fun but not as fun playing games I was better at.

I would have a blast playing NSMBU online if Nintendo did online properly. Mario Party would be such a blast to play co-op with my gf online against a couple people too. I pray they do that.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#12Reflex-ArcPosted 1/7/2013 8:43:07 PM
No, I do not enjoy online play.
---
I like video games.
#13muffinmasherPosted 1/7/2013 8:45:35 PM
Yes, I do enjoy online play.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#14Pkshootout13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 8:47:51 PM
TheBonfini posted...
The most I ever enjoyed online was playing Unreal Tournament back in the day on a PC with a cable internet connection when most people had some kind of phone connection, I assume. I always had the best ping in the matches or close to always and I was pretty good so I could dominate Instagib matches where the latency really had an effect. It was fun to be the best at something for a little while.

I also had fun playing Warcraft 2 and Red Alert online. Diablo was very fun as well. I played NHL and Street Fighter some but routinely would get my ass handed to me. It was still fun but not as fun playing games I was better at.

I would have a blast playing NSMBU online if Nintendo did online properly. Mario Party would be such a blast to play co-op with my gf online against a couple people too. I pray they do that.

Yea i think nintendo needs to really push online this gen. As long as they do it right. There are so many things they could do. Mario kart, Mario party, Mario golf/tennis, smash bros, metroid maybe, star fox (a vs mode and a co op campaign), f zero, legend of Zelda (kind of like dark souls). Just so much they could do
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
Feel free to send me a friend request or add me through miiverse!
#15spikejetedPosted 1/7/2013 8:51:38 PM
TheBonfini posted...

I have been thinking about the Mario Party online concept alot lately. I have come the the conclusion that, like pokemon, if you start winning the opponent woukd just power down and quit. Thereby booting you from the game, wasting 30 minutes or more of your time.

Imagine never actuall playing a whole party game through. Just like 10 minutes. Never conpleting it. It would just tick me off.

Also, who would actually be able to sit down and play a full game? The one side would always be annoyed and the other would be a rage quitter. Just like Pokemon battles online.

30 minute hold down with one pokemon left, then right before you shatter the others hopes and win, they rage quit.. Uuuuurrrrrr. Just thinking about it gets me.
---
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126
#16Baha05Posted 1/7/2013 8:53:25 PM
Depends on the game and the modes it has. For the most part I do enjoy it.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#17xerofyre0Posted 1/7/2013 9:36:35 PM
games i LOVE the online in:
mario kart
smash bros(always worked me and my friends)
monster hunter
pso,psu
ffxi
perfect dark zero
gears of war 1
uncharted 2 pre patch
white knight chronicles
chromehounds
resident evil revelations raid mode

those all stand out as amazing experiences i spent tons of time with
---
Free Game Giveaway-
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2012/06/free-game-giveaway-club-nintendo.html
#18kdognumba1Posted 1/7/2013 9:44:17 PM
I don't really prefer one thing over the other but I do prefer options. Controller options, online or local, control and interface customization, etc is a good thing.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#19GeassMasterPosted 1/7/2013 9:47:37 PM
If I want to play a game online it's usually on my PC. Unless the game is exclusive to console and actually fun like Uncharted or Halo, I don't bother.
---
Now Playing: Mugen Souls, Ragnarok Odyessy, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, DW: Gundam 2
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#20TheBonfiniPosted 1/7/2013 10:26:55 PM
spikejeted posted...
TheBonfini posted...

I have been thinking about the Mario Party online concept alot lately. I have come the the conclusion that, like pokemon, if you start winning the opponent woukd just power down and quit. Thereby booting you from the game, wasting 30 minutes or more of your time.

Imagine never actuall playing a whole party game through. Just like 10 minutes. Never conpleting it. It would just tick me off.

Also, who would actually be able to sit down and play a full game? The one side would always be annoyed and the other would be a rage quitter. Just like Pokemon battles online.

30 minute hold down with one pokemon left, then right before you shatter the others hopes and win, they rage quit.. Uuuuurrrrrr. Just thinking about it gets me.

Oh for sure there will be players you won't want to even bother playing with a second game. Nintendo needs to implement a rating system that tracks the percentage of games you start versus finish. Also, you could just do the mini games in some sort of quick play option or have a save board feature. There is just too much potential for Nintendo to be willfulling ignoring this. And if all else fails, then make it so you can only play with people on your friends list. Anything that finally gets Nintendo serious about online gaming would be a good thing.

I would already have a Wii-U if NSMBU had online play. I think it would be fun to have battles with people online where one player has the tablet controller and their goal is to impede the progress of the others with strategic block placement to cause hits or pitfalls. There just is much fun to be had from the comfort of your living room when you don't feel like getting the gang together.

The best thing about online is being able to play with people on the skill level you want. Sometimes it is fun to play with more advanced players and maybe your gf is a stupid, worthless hunk of meat and won't put in the time to improve to provide a better experience for you because she is a selfish succubi.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg