Pokemon Rainbow? WTF?

#31Tsutarja495Posted 1/7/2013 9:17:47 PM
Johto is my least favorite of the five main regions because it is a sequel rather than it's own game. It doesn't even have a Pokemon League, it is just a parasite on Kanto's. So it doesn't have much of an identity of it's own.

I still like it though. Johto has some of my favorite music in the main games, especially the credits theme. Also the Red battle was fantastic, it was amazing getting to face the previous protagonist, complete with dots of silence.
#32BuretsuPosted 1/7/2013 9:19:51 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Buretsu posted...
Implying that it's not a bad thing?

Implying that every game in existence needs to be hard. Sloppy/bad physics is a bad thing. The difficulty sliding on the easy side isn't.

Every single other Pokemon game has been harder than GSC. That's not "Every game needs to be hard!" that's "Wow, what a weak entry into a typically challenging series."
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#33Baha05Posted 1/7/2013 9:21:38 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Implying that every game in existence needs to be hard. Sloppy/bad physics is a bad thing. The difficulty sliding on the easy side isn't.

No implying there be SOME difficulty. Making a game REALLY damn easy is bad for games because no you don't have a real challenge. In fact I think the only challenge in that game was Whitney's damn Miltank and fighting Red.

And given the game has twice as many gyms makes it even sadder because after you beat the Elite 4 you then simply plow through Kanto like it was nothing.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#34AhnoldDoodPosted 1/7/2013 9:23:13 PM
Buretsu posted...
Every single other Pokemon game has been harder than GSC.

But not by much. And there's no negative repercussions to it, especially when GSC is pretty early in the Pokemon franchises' life. Its only easy compared to RBY, but that's difficult for all the wrong reasons.
#35kdiz4321Posted 1/7/2013 9:23:58 PM
Infectedglore2 posted...
Gen 1 was the worst technical and mechanics wise. Nostalgia fanboys can't see that though.

That kind of goes without saying. That was the time when special attack and defense were bundled into one stat and psychic type had no viable weakness.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#36AhnoldDoodPosted 1/7/2013 9:24:25 PM
Baha05 posted...
And given the game has twice as many gyms makes it even sadder because after you beat the Elite 4 you then simply plow through Kanto like it was nothing.

Considering that you have to beat the Elite Four to get to Kanto, the eight Gym Leaders in Kanto better be easy to plow through.
#37TheBonfiniPosted 1/7/2013 9:26:32 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Buretsu posted...
Implying that it's not a bad thing?

Agree 100%. Nintendo aims this game at children. It needs to be accessible. Difficulty and ease of control are ways to ensure this. I think it is a design choice to not be difficult. Now, if you can beat it by button mashing with absolutely zero strategy involved than I would say that is game breaking.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#38BuretsuPosted 1/7/2013 9:27:32 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Buretsu posted...
Every single other Pokemon game has been harder than GSC.

But not by much. And there's no negative repercussions to it, especially when GSC is pretty early in the Pokemon franchises' life. Its only easy compared to RBY, but that's difficult for all the wrong reasons.

Not by much? The hardest Trainer in GSC was Red.. and he was around the same levels as the Champion in Black and White.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#39Baha05Posted 1/7/2013 9:31:49 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Considering that you have to beat the Elite Four to get to Kanto, the eight Gym Leaders in Kanto better be easy to plow through.

Except the Elite Four WAS easy too. They Elite /four had Pokemon in the Low 40's and barely any in the 50's. Hell Even Lance had weak Pokemon in the same levels.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#40FuzzyJelloPosted 1/7/2013 9:33:07 PM
Silly rumor until confirmed. That out of the way...

AhnoldDood posted...
Buretsu posted...

The first half is absolutely right; you can really write off a lot of GSC's problems simply as Game Freak experimenting with how to build the games as an evolving franchise from the template of a surprise one-hit wonder.

But I'm curious how people make the argument it's easier when nearly every major opponent in RBY had horrible movesets to offset their high levels. If anything, better movesets combined with more powerful TMs either being axed (No Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower until Crystal) or much harder to obtain made it harder by underpowering you. It's not that it was overbearingly hard, or even hard at all, some Johto gyms (Pryce, oh geez) shoot the idea in the foot, but I find you're more likely to have issues in GSC in repeated playthroughs than RBY.

Of course that only applies to Johto and the Elite 4. But then I think Kanto was built to be easy because it played into a greater theme of your character becoming a truly big deal by making a name across multiple regions, as well as showing how Kanto has changed, even if those changes are memory/time constraint related. The entire second half is basically one giant setup for the Red and Blue fights, and I think there's a place for that.