Pokemon Rainbow? WTF?

#41kamikaze135Posted 1/7/2013 8:33:28 PM
Thinking back on it....GSC was actually pretty damn easy. Though it's the only Pokemon game with a remotely good story so that balances the game out to me.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#42fawfulmark2Posted 1/7/2013 8:34:41 PM
Buretsu posted...
parkourboybryan posted...
Buretsu posted...
Yeah, some people have the wrong-headed idea that a Pokemon game with multiple regions wouldn't be a badly-balanced cluster**** worse even than GSC.

What's bad about GSC, I thought it was a great game.

Johto was the shortest region ever with a laughably low-level Elite 4, just so the game could fit in a soulless, badly butchered version of Kanto.

I think that had less to do with them adding another region and more with them adding a real-time clock into the game, which probably took up a lot of space on the GBC..
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#43BuretsuPosted 1/7/2013 8:36:52 PM
fawfulmark2 posted...
Buretsu posted...
Buretsu posted...
Yeah, some people have the wrong-headed idea that a Pokemon game with multiple regions wouldn't be a badly-balanced cluster**** worse even than GSC.

Johto was the shortest region ever with a laughably low-level Elite 4, just so the game could fit in a soulless, badly butchered version of Kanto.

I think that had less to do with them adding another region and more with them adding a real-time clock into the game, which probably took up a lot of space on the GBC..

Then they should have used all the space to make Johto the best it could be, instead of putting half their effort into it and the other half cutting down Kanto to fit in what was left.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#44fawfulmark2Posted 1/7/2013 8:42:36 PM
Buretsu posted...
fawfulmark2 posted...
Buretsu posted...
Buretsu posted...

Then they should have used all the space to make Johto the best it could be, instead of putting half their effort into it and the other half cutting down Kanto to fit in what was left.

technically they did, by fixing he issues with RBY, namely that it was an imbalanced mess and Psychic type was broken as hell. hey also had the new breeding system,intoduced puzzles beyond switch pulling, introduced equippable items, made it so you could interact with trainers you battled, and of course introduced new types and moves.

not denying that there were issues(game was campy as hell), but that game probably had arguably the most improvements in the series.
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#45BuretsuPosted 1/7/2013 8:46:31 PM
fawfulmark2 posted...
technically they did, by fixing he issues with RBY, namely that it was an imbalanced mess and Psychic type was broken as hell. hey also had the new breeding system,intoduced puzzles beyond switch pulling, introduced equippable items, made it so you could interact with trainers you battled, and of course introduced new types and moves.

not denying that there were issues(game was campy as hell), but that game probably had arguably the most improvements in the series.

And I won't argue that GSC didn't make a ton of improvements to the systems of the game, and fixed the broken mess that was RBY. I'm saying that choosing to include two regions in the same game resulted in a reduction in quality for both of them.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#46DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/7/2013 8:48:25 PM(edited)
Buretsu posted...
Buretsu posted...

And yet Johto alone was more interesting than the entirety of Hoenn and Sinnoh combined.

GSC was the pinnacle of Pokemon. It's been downhill since, and it's pretty obvious why.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#47Baha05Posted 1/7/2013 8:50:51 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
And yet Johto alone was more interesting than the entirety of Hoenn and Sinnoh combined.

GSC was the pinnacle of Pokemon. It's been downhill since, and it's pretty obvious why.

Actually Johto by far was the least interesting of the five gens. Again being the shortest region did not help the games at all and while it had included a lot, the pinnacle of Pokemon didn't come along until Gen V hit the scenes.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#48GloryChaosPosted 1/7/2013 8:56:10 PM
Platinum was the pinnacle of the series until White 2/Black 2 came out.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#49BuretsuPosted 1/7/2013 8:58:35 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Buretsu posted...
Buretsu posted...

Yes, because nostalgia-blinded individuals are convinced that it's gone downhill, when in fact it's only gone uphill since RBY.
---
#50lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 9:03:36 PM
The newest pokemon game is always the best gen.
</topic>
---
Wow really