Pokemon Rainbow? WTF?

#51IcedEarthaholicPosted 1/7/2013 10:09:01 PM
We shall see how this rumour shapes up, I won't believe it until I see it myself.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#52not__shawn__zPosted 1/7/2013 10:15:22 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
>Pokemon 'Rainbow'

>Not 'Pokemon Prism' (you know it sounds way cooler, same concept since a prism has all the colors of the rainbow/visible spectrum)

Nintendos really batting a thousand going for the names that will ensure the highest possible percentage of alienated consumers and lower sales. First 'Wii U' and now this hahaha

>Present day Nintendo in charge of picking the worst possible name, every time

>kiss my ass
---
~you educated bro? If you were, this would be a very simple concept to understand.~
#53omniryuPosted 1/7/2013 10:19:09 PM
I thought diamond and pearl was? Since it was first online game.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#54Master XPosted 1/7/2013 10:28:04 PM
Y'know? My first thoughts were either Gen 6 3DS, or a Wii Stadium game. But after seeing this, it occurred to me; 3DS Pokemon E-Shop Store. Basically all the previous gens before D/P/P with upped res, more color, modern battle mechanics and 3D. Y'know like the Classics selection games.
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#55lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 10:31:04 PM
Master X posted...
Y'know? My first thoughts were either Gen 6 3DS, or a Wii Stadium game. But after seeing this, it occurred to me; 3DS Pokemon E-Shop Store. Basically all the previous gens before D/P/P with upped res, more color, modern battle mechanics and 3D. Y'know like the Classics selection games.

With SRPG-style DLC. Rare candy only $0.50? Give me 20!
---
Wow really
#56Master XPosted 1/7/2013 10:47:15 PM
LOL. But seriously, even a cartridge compilation would only delay an inevitable E-shop release of each game individually. This is Nintendo after all, king of release the same game over and over. Sure, they're great Mario games, but c'mon there's only so many copies of Super Mario Bros you could possibly want, right? Speaking of; anyone have a list of every time it was re-released?
---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#57DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/7/2013 10:50:35 PM
Buretsu posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Buretsu posted...
parkourboybryan posted...
Buretsu posted...
Yeah, some people have the wrong-headed idea that a Pokemon game with multiple regions wouldn't be a badly-balanced cluster**** worse even than GSC.

What's bad about GSC, I thought it was a great game.

Johto was the shortest region ever with a laughably low-level Elite 4, just so the game could fit in a soulless, badly butchered version of Kanto.

And yet Johto alone was more interesting than the entirety of Hoenn and Sinnoh combined.

GSC was the pinnacle of Pokemon. It's been downhill since, and it's pretty obvious why.

Yes, because nostalgia-blinded individuals are convinced that it's gone downhill, when in fact it's only gone uphill since RBY.

ITP: Anyone who disagrees with me is stupid and wrong.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#58TheIastspartanPosted 1/7/2013 10:58:24 PM
I haven't played the originals, but HG/SS are easily my favorite games out of the last 3 gens, so nostalgia definitely is not involved. People need to stop pulling that card as soon as someone prefers older games. I myself love the shear size of the quest, as well as having 16 gyms, despite the smaller regions. So sue me.
#59aether17Posted 1/7/2013 10:59:45 PM
I don't mind, but how would it work exactly? Would we choose which region to start on and then travel to the other regions afterwards? That would be one hell of a Pokemon game, 32 badges to collect.
#60Infectedglore2Posted 1/7/2013 11:03:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]