Pokemon Rainbow? WTF?

#71Baha05Posted 1/7/2013 11:26:17 PM
Hell I'll also add that Gen II made exploration extremely boring thanks to how small the world was. They had at least tried to fix it in HG/SS by adding some new areas because of how small and boring Johto was.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#72GloryChaosPosted 1/7/2013 11:28:06 PM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
GloryChaos posted...
Why would you say the series has gone downhill?

Too much focus on endless microgrinding, annoying minigames, and PVP, as apposed to having an interesting, fun world to explore.
Basically, they took out all of the interesting bits to push the slow, boring turn-based combat. And then made it even slower and more boring.

Hmm. I'd say that Sinnoh was a lot of fun to explore. It was the first time the world seemed to contain a shred of lore or depth. For once, i actually wanted to discover things as opposed to simply speeding through the zubat filled cave that every game contains. Pvp has always existed within the series. Mini games have been optional since the bug catching contest and the garbage safari zone, and micro grinding doesn't exist at all (you aren't required to EV train).

Basically I'm not sure I follow you. But it sounds like you just didn't like the games. Battles actually became faster in fifth gen compared to the ones before it (with animations on anyway).
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#73sonicfanaticjtbPosted 1/8/2013 2:56:54 AM
TheIastspartan posted...
I haven't played the originals, but HG/SS are easily my favorite games out of the last 3 gens, so nostalgia definitely is not involved. People need to stop pulling that card as soon as someone prefers older games. I myself love the shear size of the quest, as well as having 16 gyms, despite the smaller regions. So sue me.

The remakes fixed a lot of problems that the originals had, the major one being opening up a few of the areas that were closed off in the originals, such as Cerulean Cave and (I believe ) Seafoam Islands. Almost all of the gyms were revamped as well.

The in game levels were still stupid, sadly. And a large part of Kanto was still either closed off or shrunken down. Still, a hell of alot better than G/S/C
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#74Big_IsaacPosted 1/8/2013 3:10:21 AM
I'm confused
the fact that they supposedly introduce new Pokemon would imply that this is Gen 6, however there's only 1 game, and only 20 new Pokemon?

personally I couldn't care less as long as it IS a proper main-series game, but I'll wait until tomorrow before I believe this "source"
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#75DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/8/2013 3:14:45 AM
GloryChaos posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
GloryChaos posted...
Why would you say the series has gone downhill?

Too much focus on endless microgrinding, annoying minigames, and PVP, as apposed to having an interesting, fun world to explore.
Basically, they took out all of the interesting bits to push the slow, boring turn-based combat. And then made it even slower and more boring.

Hmm. I'd say that Sinnoh was a lot of fun to explore. It was the first time the world seemed to contain a shred of lore or depth. For once, i actually wanted to discover things as opposed to simply speeding through the zubat filled cave that every game contains. Pvp has always existed within the series. Mini games have been optional since the bug catching contest and the garbage safari zone, and micro grinding doesn't exist at all (you aren't required to EV train).

Basically I'm not sure I follow you. But it sounds like you just didn't like the games. Battles actually became faster in fifth gen compared to the ones before it (with animations on anyway).

Compared to 4th and 3rd, but it's still catching up to 1st and second. Considering the simplistic nature of the battles, you'd think they could improve the flow to something tolerably modern by now.
And it might be that your approach to sinnoh was different from johto or kanto. kanto was pretty bland early on, but johto was pretty quick to bust out the interesting scenary and history, and kanto had quite a bit of lore to some of it's locales. On the other hand, Hoenn was basically just "pokemon were gods oh look" repeatedly. That got really old really fast, and the series seemed to just roll with it.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#76GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/8/2013 3:24:37 AM
not__shawn__z posted...
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
>Pokemon 'Rainbow'

>Not 'Pokemon Prism' (you know it sounds way cooler, same concept since a prism has all the colors of the rainbow/visible spectrum)

Nintendos really batting a thousand going for the names that will ensure the highest possible percentage of alienated consumers and lower sales. First 'Wii U' and now this hahaha

>Present day Nintendo in charge of picking the worst possible name, every time

>kiss my ass

You sure told me bro!

Maybe you should stick to the wrestling boards you frequent, i'm sure that tier of reply you gave actually works on the manchild soap opera crowd
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#77Tzuba12Posted 1/8/2013 4:48:34 AM
Pokemon X and Y! Wooot!
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#78DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/8/2013 5:00:37 AM
Well at least they didn't do Black 3 and White 3. That would have been silly.
Did they ever do a Pokemon Grey?
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#79not__shawn__zPosted 1/8/2013 3:47:45 PM
not__shawn__z posted...
>Pokemon 'Rainbow'

>Not 'Pokemon Prism' (you know it sounds way cooler, same concept since a prism has all the colors of the rainbow/visible spectrum)

Nintendos really batting a thousand going for the names that will ensure the highest possible percentage of alienated consumers and lower sales. First 'Wii U' and now this hahaha

>kiss my ass

You sure told me bro!

Maybe you should stick to the wrestling boards you frequent, i'm sure that tier of reply you gave actually works on the manchild soap opera crowd

>thanks for checking out my posts

>hope you like them
---
~you educated bro? If you were, this would be a very simple concept to understand.~
#80GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 1/8/2013 7:00:55 PM
not__shawn__z posted...
not__shawn__z posted...
>Pokemon 'Rainbow'

>kiss my ass

You sure told me bro!

>thanks for checking out my posts

>hope you like them

Are you 12? You're using it wrong son lol
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie