Pokemon Rainbow? WTF?

#81_LordAndSaviorPosted 1/8/2013 7:27:19 PM
What is all the blasphemy in this thread? Gen 1 was the best gen, simply for it being a brand new adventure at the time, nothing no one had ever seen the likes up before. Sure the game mechanically was flawed but they didn't know it would be the success that it was. Also for all those who cry nostalgia, I think just as many of you are too young to have lived through it and are jealous.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#82Infectedglore2Posted 1/8/2013 7:40:25 PM
_LordAndSavior posted...
What is all the blasphemy in this thread? Gen 1 was the best gen, simply for it being a brand new adventure at the time, nothing no one had ever seen the likes up before. Sure the game mechanically was flawed but they didn't know it would be the success that it was. Also for all those who cry nostalgia, I think just as many of you are too young to have lived through it and are jealous.

Most common and pathetic straw from ignorant fanboys. I'm most likely years older than you. Originals can be worse than their sequels.
#83_LordAndSaviorPosted 1/8/2013 7:54:51 PM
Infectedglore2 posted...
_LordAndSavior posted...

Most common and pathetic straw from ignorant fanboys. I'm most likely years older than you. Originals can be worse than their sequels.

Not even a fanboy, I'm saying people who cry NOSTALGIA are the ones who are most likely to young and jealous.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
#84Infectedglore2Posted 1/8/2013 8:08:07 PM
_LordAndSavior posted...
Infectedglore2 posted...
_LordAndSavior posted...

Not even a fanboy, I'm saying people who cry NOSTALGIA are the ones who are most likely to young and jealous.

Nostalgia does indeed play a big part in insisting that an inferior game is so much better than its sequel. Its not even just giving credit for it because its the original, its insisting that an objectively inferior game in every technical way (where it matters) and forcing it on other people
#85BuretsuPosted 1/8/2013 8:30:01 PM
_LordAndSavior posted...
Infectedglore2 posted...
_LordAndSavior posted...

At the time, they were "OMG, this is so awesome!" But now, we've advanced to the point where we can say "Wow, that was so bad in so many ways." Yes, nothing can match the feeling of playing Red and Blue for the first time. It just doesn't hold up to the march of time at all. Red and Blue were slow and clunky and broken.

And before you start on the "lol yer just young and jelly", I am 31 years old, and I played the original Red and Blue on the original Game Boy.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#86VealiquincePosted 1/8/2013 11:43:41 PM
How can anyone say Pokemon is too easy? It's always been too easy. Levels mean nothing when training is easier to do. Every Pokemon game is easy once you learn basic maths and English comprehension. AI is literally non existent at times so what is there that's really challenging you in these games? These games can literally be beaten with the lowest tier monster alone and someone can really have the audacity to call any entry too easy? In fact, three or four soft resets aside, I've never whited/blacked out in a Pokemon game after GSC back in the 90s.

I can't believe anyone is arguing about difficultly in a Pokemon game. Aside from D/P being just hard to bare, I'd dare to say GSC was the 'hardest'. Whitney is literally the only time in a Pokemon game I ever found something difficult. I only used Meganium and at level 70 had to clone to beat the elite 4. Johto and Kanto being in the same game was awesome at the time considering it was paying homage to the first game and kept things interesting.

D/P is probably the worst. Take away the changes in battle mechanics and all you have is a boring slow paced monster collecting game with a lot of unappealing monsters. On top of that, they ruined the appeal of a couple classics with evolutions like Rhyperior. So why is GSC bad again? Pokemon was fun before they changed how stats worked, added color, and recycled a now predictable story line. The larger areas add longevity but Johto was as big as it needed to be but if you never felt that magic then you probably never can.
---
Vealiquince=Perfection
Number Of People Who Agree : 1.56x10^23 Number Of People Who Disagree : i
#87Baha05Posted 1/8/2013 11:48:52 PM
But Whitney was the only THING hard about G/S/C outside of Red. The difficulty of Pokemon has always kinda been balanced enough to where at best it had normal difficulty. While G/S/C had a more easy difficulty.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#88lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:15:50 AM
I hope something like Pokemon Rainbow is released during gen 6. Happy gen 6 day everyone.
---
Wow really
#89_LordAndSaviorPosted 1/9/2013 2:55:32 AM
Buretsu posted...
_LordAndSavior posted...
Infectedglore2 posted...
_LordAndSavior posted...

At the time, they were "OMG, this is so awesome!" But now, we've advanced to the point where we can say "Wow, that was so bad in so many ways." Yes, nothing can match the feeling of playing Red and Blue for the first time. It just doesn't hold up to the march of time at all. Red and Blue were slow and clunky and broken.

And before you start on the "lol yer just young and jelly", I am 31 years old, and I played the original Red and Blue on the original Game Boy.

If you read my post, you would actually know I completely agree with you.
---
#90Infectedglore2Posted 1/10/2013 5:19:35 PM
Lets change this topic to Pokemon X and Y.

This is actually INGENIOUS because it relates to chromosomes and DNA and thus it has more- adult fun now (as kids don't know about these) and it can educate the kiddies on this. Pokemon is growing more and more mature.