I love the WiiU, but the name..ugh

#1Castleman2Posted 1/8/2013 2:15:11 AM
The sales have not been bad, as some trolls would like us to believe- however - there is a glaring problem with the sales numbers: most people do not realize that the WiiU is a new system. I just bought a pro controller used, because someone returned it after thinking it worked for the Wii. It had a few fingerprints on it. I picked up Black Ops used, and the store clerk told me that the guy that returned it didn't know that the WIiU was different that the Wii. He also mentioned that this wasn't the first trade in that wasn't from the same confusion. My cousin loved the wii, and when I asked him about the WiiU, he had no clue it was a new system.

The casual gamer was their target audience, and with this dumb name, they have essentially cut those people out. The very people who do not sit on their computers reading gaming forums, and gaming websites..

What were they thinking?
---
WiiU: Air-Wreck
#2FoppePosted 1/8/2013 2:24:21 AM
Even if Nintendo sent a nice letter to all homes in NA, people would still not learn it.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC