Why did Nintendo sell true gamers out for the casuals...have they forgotten...

#21lanmannaPosted 1/8/2013 10:43:14 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
lanmanna posted...
Drumguy posted...
Newsflash, kiddo. Nobody in the gaming industry is doing exceptionally well.

The 89-year old Susan you speak of is the one who bought you that NES to play Mario on.

Quit being self-righteous.

That'll change in a few months. The game industry is like a ride. You reach a high one second (PS2, Wii) and then come barreling back down (PS Vita, Wii U)

The Wii U=Vita?
What world are you living in?

He's saying the Wii and PS2 were great but Sony and Nintendo dropped the ball with the Vita and Wii U.
Exactly. Glad someone got the analogy. Lol
#22b1gt0nePosted 1/8/2013 10:45:33 AM
TC, pronounce your name, please.
#23P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/8/2013 11:17:35 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
lanmanna posted...
Drumguy posted...

The 89-year old Susan you speak of is the one who bought you that NES to play Mario on.

That'll change in a few months. The game industry is like a ride. You reach a high one second (PS2, Wii) and then come barreling back down (PS Vita, Wii U)

The Wii U=Vita?
What world are you living in?

He's saying the Wii and PS2 were great but Sony and Nintendo dropped the ball with the Vita and Wii U.

Which is still incorrect.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, ZombiU
#24Rennik RepotsirPosted 1/8/2013 11:40:21 AM
A "true gamer" plays all...
---
FREE BUMP!!!
The person above suffers from IAD.</post>
#25TerotrousPosted 1/8/2013 11:44:13 AM
Every company in the industry sold out their fans for money. At least Nintendo still spends some of their time making good games. That's more than can be said for Capcom and others.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#26P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/8/2013 11:55:56 AM
Rennik Repotsir posted...
A "true gamer" plays all...

Yep.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, ZombiU
#27DrumguyPosted 1/8/2013 12:03:21 PM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
Drumguy posted...

89-year old Susan back in the day would play hardcore games because those were the only kind of games around. Gaming wasn't for wimps back then. My grandmother would school all these new gen "gamers".

"Back in the day?" When would that be? 2004?

There was no such thing as hardcore games back in the 80s and 90s. The term itself suddenly became popular. It suddenly became cool to be "hardcore." In my opinion it isn't.
#28_FalstaffPosted 1/8/2013 12:03:39 PM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
89-year old Susan back in the day would play hardcore games because those were the only kind of games around. Gaming wasn't for wimps back then. My grandmother would school all these new gen "gamers".

Sounds like you didn't actually live "back then" when gaming was for wimps.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#29GloryChaosPosted 1/8/2013 12:04:07 PM
Think back when Nintendo started making video games.

Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros. weren't for hardcore anyone. Hardcore didn't exist. Gaming was a casual hobby that people could indulge in whenever they pleased. And it still is. "Hardcore" gamers grew out of that hobby the same way a branch grows on a tree.

Nintendo never stopped marketing to hardcore gamers. You'd think after four Mario party games and many other casual titles on the N64 and GameCube, you would have realized that. "Hardcore" gamers weren't the audience to begin with. Gaming was always for casuals.

Of course, casuals have changed. They want even easier games. Which is why I can go 30-10 in a game of Black Ops 2 despite not even owning it or the console I play it on. Because anyone can pick up and play games. Those are the kinds of games that people want.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#30xerofyre0Posted 1/8/2013 12:14:49 PM
i font get how wiiu is selling out to casuals, im playing quite a few ''core'' titles on it and zombiu is bout as non casual as it gets.
---
Free Game Giveaway-
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2012/06/free-game-giveaway-club-nintendo.html