Why did Nintendo sell true gamers out for the casuals...have they forgotten...

#31MelkacPosted 1/8/2013 1:20:15 PM
If you think about it, casuals ARE the reason Nintendo is Nintendo...

The NES sold that much just because it was bundled as a toy. People (outside of Japan) were tired of videogame consoles thanks to Atari.
Same with the SNES. Nintendo was being the family friendly company, while SEGA was...well, SEGA.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#32GEKGanonPosted 1/8/2013 1:26:07 PM
Yeah, it was totally Nintendo that started the whole business of selling out to the casuals, you know, because no other console in gaming history has assloads of shovelware crap. Every game for XBox 360 and PS3 is an uber-quality, AAA action game. No dance parties or mini-game compilations there. Nope. None whatsoever.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#33StickMen1090Posted 1/8/2013 1:27:41 PM
a company wants to make $$$$$$ wow maybe other companies will follow suit
#34EndgamePosted 1/8/2013 2:20:12 PM
People complained Wrath of the lich king was too easy

those people were ****ing idiots who wouldn't last a minute against Hard Mode Lich King (hell, most of them didn't even get their 10 man Normal Mode Lich King kills until the buff was at 30%, even Normal Mode Lich King was a big deal before the buff, see: Ensidia cheating to get their "world first" 25 man kill)

really, they just wanted WoW to go back to being more about time consumption than skill, like the pre-BC raids which were 99% tank and spank that you only really needed 15 active people out of 40 for
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#35HalecticPosted 1/8/2013 2:32:11 PM(edited)
Just like Persona is a casual SMT game, yet the Persona series is more popular then the hardcore SMT series

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate however will not be popular with the casual gamer
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#36HeaderHogPosted 1/8/2013 2:33:57 PM
Melkac posted...
If you think about it, casuals ARE the reason Nintendo is Nintendo...

The NES sold that much just because it was bundled as a toy. People (outside of Japan) were tired of videogame consoles thanks to Atari.
Same with the SNES. Nintendo was being the family friendly company, while SEGA was...well, SEGA.

IT'S GOT BLAST PROCESSING!
SEGA DO WHAT NINTENDON'T!
SONIC IS SO MUCH COOLER THAN MARIO!

Anyone remember how competitive these guys were?
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#37SegavsCapcomPosted 1/8/2013 4:43:36 PM
Nintendo has never been about the hardcore.

I mean compare the original Super Mario Brothers to NSMBU. There's no difference.

Besides, Nintendo is a company. Casuals are far more profitable than the dinky hardcore gamers.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#38NyyarkPosted 1/8/2013 4:51:23 PM
When you were a babby, you thought Nintendo was hardcore. They didn't sell you out, you moved on.
#39Enigma149Posted 1/8/2013 4:57:25 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
lanmanna posted...
Drumguy posted...
Newsflash, kiddo. Nobody in the gaming industry is doing exceptionally well.

The 89-year old Susan you speak of is the one who bought you that NES to play Mario on.

Quit being self-righteous.

That'll change in a few months. The game industry is like a ride. You reach a high one second (PS2, Wii) and then come barreling back down (PS Vita, Wii U)

The Wii U=Vita?
What world are you living in?

He's saying the Wii and PS2 were great but Sony and Nintendo dropped the ball with the Vita and Wii U.

Which is still incorrect.

This.

The Vita started out poorly, but ended up getting several good exclusives after its first few months, though it keeps getting bad multiplats / spin-offs / downgrades that prevent people from figuring this out, much like the Wii. The Wii U is looking to be the same way - a slow start, good exclusives after a few months, poor multiplats.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#40ChipChippersonPosted 1/8/2013 5:03:15 PM
Go back and look at old game ads, all you will see are parents and children; gaming was meant as a casual hobby from day one. If it wasn't for casuals the NES wouldn't have been a success and more recently it wasn't just 'hardcore' gamers buying 100 million Playstations.

Casuals are the ones keeping this industry alive, nit-picky whining 'hardcores' simply don't buy enough games. If you want to 'blame' somebody blame your peers who would rather whine than play games, not Nintendo. Everybody claims to want 'hardcore' games and new IPs yet they're perfectly content to let them rot on store shelves as they buy CoD instead and twiddle their thumbs waiting for Zelda.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.