Why did Nintendo sell true gamers out for the casuals...have they forgotten...

#41SuperShyGuy9000Posted 1/8/2013 5:03:50 PM
"true gamer" again was this you too TC?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65108119
#42Andrew21044Posted 1/9/2013 9:16:49 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...

I was about to ask the same thing...
---
P0371C M4573RM1ND
http://i49.tinypic.com/2gtp63s.gif
#43Enigma149Posted 1/9/2013 9:18:13 PM
Andrew21044 posted...
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...

I was about to ask the same thing...

No...but he was the guy that compared Nintendo's "selling-out" to the Holocaust in a previous topic. Let me see if I can find that.

Ah, here it is:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Id0ebMQ5beYJ:www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65128640+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#44DynheartPosted 1/9/2013 9:38:09 PM
WTF is a true gamer? Are the game's I play on the Wii U false, opposed to the games on the other consoles...are those true?

Is this what being a true gamer means?
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#45PUNCHOUT1116Posted 1/9/2013 9:42:01 PM
When I see the hate for such things as "casual" and "family", it clearly shows me that the posters of these comment are children.

As an adult, I'm happy that there are games that families can enjoy together. I'm happy that my folks can experience the same joy from a hobby that has brought me years of entertainment. Are they playing the same types of games that I am? No, and I personally don't care what they play as long as it makes them happy.

When you children become adults, you will understand.
---
-
Good stuff
#46DynheartPosted 1/9/2013 9:59:58 PM(edited)
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
When I see the hate for such things as "casual" and "family", it clearly shows me that the posters of these comment are children.

As an adult, I'm happy that there are games that families can enjoy together. I'm happy that my folks can experience the same joy from a hobby that has brought me years of entertainment. Are they playing the same types of games that I am? No, and I personally don't care what they play as long as it makes them happy.

When you children become adults, you will understand.

Nope...They will be hardcore until they die.....

Remember when you said the same exact thing...20+ years ago?

Nintendo is an old company that caters to a certain demographic. They throw hardcore games here and there, but they are mainly a family company.

They did say they will work on focusing on the core group this generation, and that remains to be seen.

It is what it is, though. Kids and their games...serious business. Too bad all these "hardcore" games nowadays are way too easy. And don't mention Dark Souls...that game was challenging, but if I have to wait 1 out of 400+ games a generation? ... Talk about suckage.

And you can save your content/context argument. "true" gamer's...they play for the damn challenge when it's all said and done. Why multiplay online? Because the human player is better than the AI (most of the time). It's more challenging, and fun. Hardcore isn't watch naked chicks in all their poly glory. Or watching massive blood and gore...or listening to a bunch of characters trying to hard, and dropping "F" bombs every other word...just so they can be hardcore.

I'd rather watch a good movie.

The game play is where it's at, and at the core? It's the challenge. Today's gaming = easy. If we need online to squeeze any challenge out of the game (it isn't even part of the main game)...game's are doomed.

Then again...we can just say "I want to relax and play my games...". I've heard all the excuses on what "hardcore" is. DKCR was a difficult game...no one will consider it hardcore, though. Why? "CONTENT!...CONTEXT!" I guess we need TnA, gore and some guns. Add in some cussing and you have one badass DKCR game...would be weird to see monkies with boobs, though.

True gamer...The gaming industry is getting as bad as the music industry. Next we'll be saying crap like: "Are you a HJNF? Or a CFMTG???" (Hardcore-JRPG Nintendo Fanboy or a Casual-FPS Microsoft True Gamer). Kind of like the mass amount of dumb sub-titles they have for just....Metal.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#47DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/9/2013 10:03:28 PM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
Well now they are reaping what they are sowing, IGN is right.

They were greedy. They tried to appeal the shallowest "gamers" because they thought there were more of them than us. They forgot who made them what they are and it wasn't 89 year old Susan playing Wii Fit U!

We made you come this far Nintendo. And we can also break you (though you're doing a pretty good job of that yourself).

Actually, it probably was, since 89 year old susan is probably the one who bought her little grandson a Nintendo back when it was new.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#48EazyERockPosted 1/9/2013 11:02:36 PM
nintendo makes a simple console... people complain

nintendo makes an hd type console... people complain

nintendo could make a console that would literally perform fellatio, and some people would still complain..
---
not changing this sig until RG3 wins Rookie of the Year
Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive.. Ya Mad Bro?
#49mini_blightPosted 1/10/2013 1:20:44 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...

So how does one screw over a bunch of people who never played a Nintendo system in their lives?

They were greedy.

Wrong. The Wii happened because catering to you cost them a large share of the market to Sony. The Wii is you reaping what you sowed. lmao

Now you and your disgusting corporate trash viral marketing teams are spinning reality into whatever suits your nonexistent argument. Just replying to you makes me feel all dirty and soulless and most of all, worthless. lol

They tried to appeal the shallowest "gamers" because they thought there were more of them than us.

No, they tried to appeal to people who either stopped playing games long ago or never played a game in their lives. But, useless viral gonna viral uselessly, right you?

They forgot who made them what they are and it wasn't 89 year old Susan playing Wii Fit U!

Yeah, it was people who played Super Mario Bros., and not you.

We made you come this far Nintendo. And we can also break you (though you're doing a pretty good job of that yourself).

No, you made Sony come this far and then sent them into the junk bin. All that from catering to yooouuu.

Nintendo should ignore all of your kind because you are toxic and are not to be trusted under any circumstances.
#50leeko_linkPosted 1/10/2013 1:32:40 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...

They were greedy. They tried to appeal the shallowest "gamers" because they thought there were more of them than us. They forgot who made them what they are and it wasn't 89 year old Susan playing Wii Fit U!

When we first play a Nintendo console, we are casual gamers ourselves so naturally we are angry now cuz we change (became core gamers), not Nintendo.