Why did Nintendo sell true gamers out for the casuals...have they forgotten...

#51Paulf001Posted 1/10/2013 12:40:24 AM
My grandpa is 91 and he wouldn't even touch a Wii or a dvd player for that matter, but he did buy me some NIntendo games when i was a kid in grade school.
#52Sir_HaxorPosted 1/10/2013 12:50:02 AM
Where were all of these true gamers when Ninty launched the Cube? If anything this is you guys' fault.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#53godslayer61Posted 1/10/2013 1:30:54 AM
lanmanna posted...
What? They've been doing more for the hardcorez this gen then they did with Wii.

ya i agree the wii was a joke for any hardcore gamer,the wii u is starting to do stuff right plus the system is a month old,the way your talking around the 1 year mark.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#54STE573Posted 1/10/2013 2:10:15 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
Where were all of these true gamers when Ninty launched the Cube? If anything this is you guys' fault.

ITP- blaming consumers for not supporting a poor product... How many blind fanboys do you think there are? I bet you think the Vita isn't failing for the same reasons?
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- XSTE90X- currently playing Forza Horizon (360) Xcom (360) Gravity Rush (Vita) Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
#55mini_blightPosted 1/10/2013 2:28:06 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...

They were busy playing their PS2. These so-called true gamers/hardcore gamers are really just Sony fanboys pretending to be Nintendo fanboys.
#56RelevenPosted 1/10/2013 2:45:36 AM
This is getting really F****** old.

I'm sick and tired of the lack of logic on these boards. I'm especially sick and F****** tired of these people who claim crap that they know absolutely nothing about.

Take a moment, read this next line. Let it sink in, before you open that digital mouth of yours.

NINTENDO HAS NEVER CHANGED.

Not once, not ever. Not ever in the 30 plus years it's been in gaming. It made side scrolling Mario games back then, they make them now. They made pokemon years ago, they still make them now. Games went from 2D to 3D to back to 2.5D or 2D again. The same basic principals apply now that were back then. Save a princess, get a triforce, dodge a metroid, catch them all, NOTHING HAS F****** CHANGED.

Some new IPs have joined the mix. Some of them are "darker" (if you've had the pleasure of playing Pandora no Tou), some are "casual" like Brain Training. So what?

But people piss and moan over the fact that SOME of Nintendo's line up doesn't cater to them. SO F****** WHAT. Try becoming an adult and watching all of the genres you loved die out, only to be replaced by blood soaked muscle headed military grunt FPS games. Some people like casual games... grow a pair and DEAL WITH IT.

But either way, Nintendo hasn't changed. Unless if you suddenly call Tetris or Yoshi's Cookie "hardcore games" for "hardcore gamers."

Selling out. Seriously, do you even have any F****** clue what you're talking about? In an age where the other companies are placing in game advertising, even commericals in the START MENUS for crap that has NOTHING to do with gaming at all, and you're calling the one company that doesn't do that a sell out... for providing games to an audience... that isn't ALWAYS including you. You spoiled self entitled brat. Grow up.

But in the end, "sell out" or not, Nintendo is still doing the same exact strategy that they always have, whether you like it or not. It's about fun... a direct line from their introduction of mario 64... if you were alive and not in diapers back then.
---
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/07/02/the-rise-of-costs-the-fall-of-gaming/
#57aaasdjfkldsfk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 3:11:32 AM
Releven posted...
This is getting really F****** old.

I'm sick and tired of the lack of logic on these boards. I'm especially sick and F****** tired of these people who claim crap that they know absolutely nothing about.

Take a moment, read this next line. Let it sink in, before you open that digital mouth of yours.

NINTENDO HAS NEVER CHANGED.

Not once, not ever. Not ever in the 30 plus years it's been in gaming. It made side scrolling Mario games back then, they make them now. They made pokemon years ago, they still make them now. Games went from 2D to 3D to back to 2.5D or 2D again. The same basic principals apply now that were back then. Save a princess, get a triforce, dodge a metroid, catch them all, NOTHING HAS F****** CHANGED.

Some new IPs have joined the mix. Some of them are "darker" (if you've had the pleasure of playing Pandora no Tou), some are "casual" like Brain Training. So what?

But people piss and moan over the fact that SOME of Nintendo's line up doesn't cater to them. SO F****** WHAT. Try becoming an adult and watching all of the genres you loved die out, only to be replaced by blood soaked muscle headed military grunt FPS games. Some people like casual games... grow a pair and DEAL WITH IT.

But either way, Nintendo hasn't changed. Unless if you suddenly call Tetris or Yoshi's Cookie "hardcore games" for "hardcore gamers."

Selling out. Seriously, do you even have any F****** clue what you're talking about? In an age where the other companies are placing in game advertising, even commericals in the START MENUS for crap that has NOTHING to do with gaming at all, and you're calling the one company that doesn't do that a sell out... for providing games to an audience... that isn't ALWAYS including you. You spoiled self entitled brat. Grow up.

But in the end, "sell out" or not, Nintendo is still doing the same exact strategy that they always have, whether you like it or not. It's about fun... a direct line from their introduction of mario 64... if you were alive and not in diapers back then.

Casual fanboy in denial.

Nintendo was epic back then they made good GAMES, the Wii U is nothing but GIMMICKS.That's all Nintendo cares about these days. What's the next gimmick they can get CASUALS ehind. It is not for the HARDCORE like Nintendo was before.

You think a single casual that played SS would be able to beat Link to the Past? Ahahahaha no. But a new upgraded motion controller to play more gimmicky nonsense.

Sony and Microsoft didn't sell out their fans for the casuals...yet. If their next console is tablet nonsense like the Wii U then they will have.

At least the Wii still has good games. The Wii U is Nintendo SELLING OUT completely and never looking back.
---
ssmp
#58RelevenPosted 1/10/2013 3:46:19 AM
...Wow, guess that makes me a casual. Nevermind that I finished the real (JPN) SMB2, but hey, that's a casual game. Alright, sure. One of the hardest games in gaming history, for super players (as it says on the box) is casual. Nice work, genius... by the way, the Zelda Kamigami no Triforce is a lot easier... but that's hardcore, right? Finished that one too... yearly... since it came out.... uh oh.

Great logic genius.

Here's some more for ya. Virtual boy, failed or not, still came out during the golden era that you speak of. That's not a gimic though, huh?

How about the other "gimics" that have become staples in gaming that Nintendo started? Rumble packs? Maybe 3D FX processing? They're not called gimics because YOU like them. Yet somehow, motion controls (now the next step in computing) and touch screens ( BEFORE your beloved iphone)... aren't. All because you don't like them. I don't like them either, but I'm not stupid enough to assume that anything has changed when it hasn't. Nintendo is still making new innovations that change the way we play games. Whether or not you or I actually like it doesn't mean jack S****. It's not selling out, it's using their brains and doing some actual thinking. There IS a big difference, and it's not that difficult to recognize. I hope they still teach you this stuff in school. Apparently not though.
---
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/07/02/the-rise-of-costs-the-fall-of-gaming/
#59MarioFanaticXVPosted 1/10/2013 4:04:29 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
You think a single casual that played SS would be able to beat Link to the Past? Ahahahaha no. But a new upgraded motion controller to play more gimmicky nonsense.

Hey troll, Skyward Sword was a lot harder than Link to the Past. It brought Zelda back to elitist gamers after the snoozefest that was Twilight Princess. Now Twilight Princess, THERE was a Zelda game made for casuals. Dumbed down difficulty, dark art style and generally glum mood to draw in the kiddies who complained about Wind Waker's art style, need I say more?
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#60R3al1Posted 1/10/2013 4:11:31 AM
Releven posted...
text

This man knows whats up. Can we let this thread die now, please?