Why did Nintendo sell true gamers out for the casuals...have they forgotten...

#61Mig_MejPosted 1/10/2013 5:05:23 AM
Releven posted...
This is getting really F****** old.

I'm sick and tired of the lack of logic on these boards. I'm especially sick and F****** tired of these people who claim crap that they know absolutely nothing about.

Take a moment, read this next line. Let it sink in, before you open that digital mouth of yours.

NINTENDO HAS NEVER CHANGED.

Not once, not ever. Not ever in the 30 plus years it's been in gaming. It made side scrolling Mario games back then, they make them now. They made pokemon years ago, they still make them now. Games went from 2D to 3D to back to 2.5D or 2D again. The same basic principals apply now that were back then. Save a princess, get a triforce, dodge a metroid, catch them all, NOTHING HAS F****** CHANGED.

Some new IPs have joined the mix. Some of them are "darker" (if you've had the pleasure of playing Pandora no Tou), some are "casual" like Brain Training. So what?

But people piss and moan over the fact that SOME of Nintendo's line up doesn't cater to them. SO F****** WHAT. Try becoming an adult and watching all of the genres you loved die out, only to be replaced by blood soaked muscle headed military grunt FPS games. Some people like casual games... grow a pair and DEAL WITH IT.

But either way, Nintendo hasn't changed. Unless if you suddenly call Tetris or Yoshi's Cookie "hardcore games" for "hardcore gamers."

Selling out. Seriously, do you even have any F****** clue what you're talking about? In an age where the other companies are placing in game advertising, even commericals in the START MENUS for crap that has NOTHING to do with gaming at all, and you're calling the one company that doesn't do that a sell out... for providing games to an audience... that isn't ALWAYS including you. You spoiled self entitled brat. Grow up.

But in the end, "sell out" or not, Nintendo is still doing the same exact strategy that they always have, whether you like it or not. It's about fun... a direct line from their introduction of mario 64... if you were alive and not in diapers back then.

Well, Nintendo used to make home consoles that were comparable, if not more advanced, than it's competitors (spec wise), like the SNES, N64, and GC. Now, they make consoles THAT ARE NO WHERE NEAR the specs of their competitors. Wii-U might be comparable to PS360 (which is really sad actually, as it should be considerably better as the Wii-U is supposed to be "next gen"), but it is going to be left in the dust once 720 shows up. How else has Nintendo changed? They used to enjoy great third party support (NES, SNES, N64), now they don't because their home consoles are underpowered (among other reasons). How else has Nintendo changed? Does anyone remember seeing shovelware during the SNES, N64, or GC eras? I don't, but if there was, it wasn't 99% of the ******* game library like it was with the Wii!

Nintendo HAS sold out. Instead of giving us killer hardware that focuses on the games, they are giving us underpowered consoles with gimmicks attached to them to make us focus more on how we play the games. The best we can do is continue to make our grievances known, through any medium possible, and hope that Nintendo eventually gets the message. The other thing we have do and hope for is that the Wii-U is a misserable failure so that Nintendo stops doing this ****. People who are considering buying this system, don't buy it! Get a 720 instead, its just around the corner. If you want to play good Nintendo IPs, get a 3DS. Stop giving Nintendo your money and rewarding them for their crappy home consoles.
---
Worst E3 ever.
#62IlluminoiusPosted 1/10/2013 5:14:34 AM
Releven posted...
One of the hardest games in gaming history, for super players (as it says on the box)

not even vaguely close
#63ish0turfac3Posted 1/10/2013 5:33:13 AM
aaasdjfkldsfk posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
lanmanna posted...
Drumguy posted...
Newsflash, kiddo. Nobody in the gaming industry is doing exceptionally well.

The 89-year old Susan you speak of is the one who bought you that NES to play Mario on.

Quit being self-righteous.

That'll change in a few months. The game industry is like a ride. You reach a high one second (PS2, Wii) and then come barreling back down (PS Vita, Wii U)

The Wii U=Vita?
What world are you living in?

He's saying the Wii and PS2 were great but Sony and Nintendo dropped the ball with the Vita and Wii U.

Wair wait wait what??? A: Nintendo didn't make the vita. B: The wiiu is already more successful than the vita.
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3
"Beef is evil chicken"
#64PaladinrjaPosted 1/10/2013 5:44:33 AM
Mig_Mej posted...
Nintendo HAS sold out. Instead of giving us killer hardware that focuses on the games, they are giving us underpowered consoles with gimmicks attached to them to make us focus more on how we play the games. The best we can do is continue to make our grievances known, through any medium possible, and hope that Nintendo eventually gets the message. The other thing we have do and hope for is that the Wii-U is a misserable failure so that Nintendo stops doing this ****. People who are considering buying this system, don't buy it! Get a 720 instead, its just around the corner. If you want to play good Nintendo IPs, get a 3DS. Stop giving Nintendo your money and rewarding them for their crappy home consoles.

The U is FAR from a failure or underpowered & IS substanially better than its counterparts.
I think what 'substantially better' means to you is something akin to Top tier desktop hardware. I believe that is what would indicate to you that Nintendo is 'keeping up' with competition.

I assure you that substantially better is far, far, below that spec & why you are not paying squillions for it.
A PC is a PC no matter who packages it. It will sell at a minimum of 3x the cost of manufacture. This why Nintendo have said that initially the U will make a loss on each console sold; a loss that will be quickly recouped by the single sale of any title. 2.5 x the price of manufacture as opposed to 3. Its good marketting sense & is stimulating the industry.

To me the only one selling out.
#65WhitbanePosted 1/10/2013 5:57:48 AM
So what you guys are saying is that gaming is dead and only filled with crappy gimmicks and finicky games?

My life is over.
#66ThreinfhirPosted 1/10/2013 6:03:32 AM
Leave 89 year old Susan alone! What did she ever do to you?
---
NNID: Threinfhir
#67Xenesis XenonPosted 1/10/2013 6:09:23 AM
Today's 'true gamers' were the 80s/90s casuals.

Nintendo always has catered to them.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#68GencoilPosted 1/10/2013 6:10:35 AM
I'll have you know Wii Fit U can be a pretty demanding game. I had a go with Luge and it really felt like a challenge staying in that position for an extended time. There's also a minigame where you serve food and have to balance the plate carefully while walking in place, it's very easy to drop everything if you're too eager and don't pay attention to how you're holding the gamepad.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#69AtalalamaPosted 1/10/2013 6:49:39 AM
What is a "true gamer"? The "hardcore" crowd? Nah, that's a market, not a definition. The RGPers? As if. The 1st-3rd person shootemupers? Again, a market. The casuals? Market. The pro-gamers - the ones who are paid to play? They're not even a market. Those who play video games for the simple pleasure of doing so? How dare they.

So again, what is a "true gamer", and how have said all-important market been abandoned?
#70darkqueenhelbaPosted 1/10/2013 6:50:39 AM
"true"

Heh...There is no "GOOD" or "BAD" there just IS!!!!
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!