Why do you want Wii U to fail?

#31TerotrousPosted 1/8/2013 12:46:12 PM
It's fear. People don't like some of the things Wii U does (like not prioritizing graphics above all else) and fear it will be successful, thus causing others to imitate it.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#32maximumbarmagePosted 1/8/2013 12:49:44 PM
It's not about what what people on the internet who don't base their gaming habits around mascot nostalgia ahead of all other factors WANT... it's about what Nintendo and the Wii U DESERVE... and they simply do not deserve success for releasing an overpriced console with a severely limited central gimmick as it's USP that has so far shown itself to be even less capable than older, CHEAPER consoles that actually do have games available for them.

A message needs to be sent to Nintendo that people aren't going to swallow whatever they crap out regardless of quality or worth, and thankfully it seems that message is being sent if Wii U sales are any indicator.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#33xLittlekillxPosted 1/8/2013 12:50:32 PM
maximumbarmage posted...
It's not about what what people on the internet who don't base their gaming habits around mascot nostalgia ahead of all other factors WANT... it's about what Nintendo and the Wii U DESERVE... and they simply do not deserve success for releasing an overpriced console with a severely limited central gimmick as it's USP that has so far shown itself to be even less capable than older, CHEAPER consoles that actually do have games available for them.

A message needs to be sent to Nintendo that people aren't going to swallow whatever they crap out regardless of quality or worth, and thankfully it seems that message is being sent if Wii U sales are any indicator.

It's like you're pretending that the Wii U isn't great. It is great. Trust me, I have one.
#34TiamatKillerPosted 1/8/2013 12:52:46 PM
xLittlekillx posted...
maximumbarmage posted...

It's like you're pretending that the Wii U isn't great. It is great. Trust me, I have one.

As of right now, there isn't a single game besides the Wii Sports equivalent Nintendoland that showcases unique experiences for the gamepad.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912
#35xLittlekillxPosted 1/8/2013 12:54:46 PM
TiamatKiller posted...
xLittlekillx posted...
maximumbarmage posted...

As of right now, there isn't a single game besides the Wii Sports equivalent Nintendoland that showcases unique experiences for the gamepad.

I don't know about that, but the new mario game is spectacular and TTT2 is amazing.
#36TrueBlue91Posted 1/8/2013 1:03:01 PM
Because a good failure will really help Nintendo actually give a damn and put effort into stuff, understand that people won't eat up whatever crap they feel like throwing at them, etc.

Also because I like Nintendo's franchises but don't like its consoles, so I want them on other consoles. Sadly that won't happen because the overly casual market Nintendo has ditched us for, is basically an endless money fountain for the company.

Oh well.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#37xLittlekillxPosted 1/8/2013 1:06:04 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Because a good failure will really help Nintendo actually give a damn and put effort into stuff, understand that people won't eat up whatever crap they feel like throwing at them, etc.

Also because I like Nintendo's franchises but don't like its consoles, so I want them on other consoles. Sadly that won't happen because the overly casual market Nintendo has ditched us for, is basically an endless money fountain for the company.

Oh well.

I'm sorry that I'm not as hardc0r3 as you are, but I love the Wii U.
#38TiamatKillerPosted 1/8/2013 1:07:56 PM
xLittlekillx posted...
TiamatKiller posted...
xLittlekillx posted...
maximumbarmage posted...

I don't know about that, but the new mario game is spectacular and TTT2 is amazing.

Tbh, I'm freaking tired of Mario. The only Mario games I liked were Sunshine and Yoshi's Island. Personally, Wii U couldn't be more of a deadweight right now.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912
#39MichaeIPachterPosted 1/8/2013 1:09:01 PM
Because they don't provide value for the consumer.
---
It's a profit deal.
#40xLittlekillxPosted 1/8/2013 1:09:17 PM
TiamatKiller posted...
xLittlekillx posted...
TiamatKiller posted...
xLittlekillx posted...
maximumbarmage posted...

Tbh, I'm freaking tired of Mario. The only Mario games I liked were Sunshine and Yoshi's Island. Personally, Wii U couldn't be more of a deadweight right now.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Maybe you should go to a message board for a videogame console that you enjoy, and maybe that will cheer you up.