Why do you want Wii U to fail?

#81cavebear56Posted 1/8/2013 3:45:46 PM
It's simple yet many reasons exist.

Safety and a feeling of superiority based on a herd mentality.

Naturally people want more to agree with them than disagree because this makes people feel as if they're "in/right/better then they actually are".

It's a childish mentality that most trolls on this board, and to be fair many people in life, never grew out of.

Hypocrites.

Some just like jostling the fanboys on the board into a tizzy while logging off to go play on there own Wii U.

Jealousy.

They can't purchase a system because of limited funds, stock or other reasons. Therefore to offset the negative feelings toward themselves they lash out towards others by insulting them or the products they enjoy.

Those are just a few, others have pointed out some of the other options as well.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#82xLittlekillxPosted 1/8/2013 3:46:29 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
xLittlekillx posted...
No, they're the new Mario game and TTT2, which is definitely better on Wii U. Right now, I'm playing mostly Madden and SSX on my xbox. Oh, and wrestling.

So one of the two is and the other is a rehash that doesn't add anything worthwhile despite there be 2 worthwhile things that it's begging for.

Hey, if you think the mario game is a rehash and you're going to be all angry butt about it, that's your problem. I really like it. You obviously have some kind of emotional issues that are bringing you here to cry about how much you don't like Mario or whatever, but don't pretend that your bitterness is a reason for the rest of us to stop enjoying the console.
#83DemonDog666Posted 1/8/2013 3:51:45 PM
xLittlekillx posted...
Hey, if you think the mario game is a rehash and you're going to be all angry butt about it, that's your problem. I really like it. You obviously have some kind of emotional issues that are bringing you here to cry about how much you don't like Mario or whatever, but don't pretend that your bitterness is a reason for the rest of us to stop enjoying the console.

The mario game is objectively a rehash and it's fine that you like it, I'd probably like it, it doesn't make it worth paying 360 bucks for. I never said I don't like mario you obvious have some emotional problem where you cry everytime someone tells you the truth you don't want to hear.
#84HELZEROPosted 1/8/2013 4:01:01 PM
3D_Shado posted...
I want Pii U to fail so Nintendo will go back to its roots. Sick of all the kiddy crap... anyone remember Ganondorf coughing up blood and being stabbed in the face by a grim hero? Or an alien exploding over its girl-bro and giving her superpowers? Yeah all we have is Mario rehashes and baby games now.

Inb4 someone mentions Bayonetta 2, a third-party game about an oversexualized whore.
#85SegavsCapcomPosted 1/8/2013 4:22:39 PM
Two words: nostalgia goggles.

Haters claim that Nintendo will go back to making quality games. They're also criticizing Nintendo for abandoning them for casuals.

Problem is, Nintendo is still making quality titles. Older titles just seem better because of pure, unadulterated nostalgia. Nintendo are still making the same games they make during the "legendary" era of the SNES.

Also, Nintendo didn't abandon the hardcore gamer. They saw potential in the casual market and went for it. Nintendo would have lost money if they catered to a tiny demographic like the hardcore.

"Abandoned" gamers need to shut up and actually play the games Nintendo makes. They aren't bad, you're thick nostalgia goggles just prevent you from enjoying them.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#86beetle717Posted 1/8/2013 4:26:11 PM
Crimson681 posted...
3D_Shado posted...
I want Pii U to fail so Nintendo will go back to its roots. Sick of all the kiddy crap... anyone remember Ganondorf coughing up blood and being stabbed in the face by a grim hero? Or an alien exploding over its girl-bro and giving her superpowers? Yeah all we have is Mario rehashes and baby games now.

Inb4 someone mentions Bayonetta 2, a third-party game about an oversexualized whore.

Pretty much this, its why I haven't purchased a Nintendo system since the SNES. Sure if some soccer mom is looking to buy her teenage daughter a gaming system, then its probably gonna be Wii U by default. You can't please everybody, and if they want to make the system casual enough for kids, then IMO they forfeit the group who are older and more serious gamers.

This is kind of stupid considering Nintendo started it's video games for kids, and stayed on that path. Also Serious or Video Games, you need to pick one it can't be both. These things just aren't serious endeavors for the consumers.
---
Why is it my dog can hold it's bladder for 8 hours while I'm at work but only 25 mins when I'm home?
#87TrueBlue91Posted 1/8/2013 4:29:09 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...

Haters claim that Nintendo will go back to making quality games. They're also criticizing Nintendo for abandoning them for casuals.

Problem is, Nintendo is still making quality titles. Older titles just seem better because of pure, unadulterated nostalgia. Nintendo are still making the same games they make during the "legendary" era of the SNES.

Also, Nintendo didn't abandon the hardcore gamer. They saw potential in the casual market and went for it. Nintendo would have lost money if they catered to a tiny demographic like the hardcore.

"Abandoned" gamers need to shut up and actually play the games Nintendo makes. They aren't bad, you're thick nostalgia goggles just prevent you from enjoying them.

Their games are getting easier due to the casual market. That's just annoying.

Also, "nostalgia goggles" aside, many of Nintendo's older games are much better than their recent offerings. I didn't really grow up with OOT or have any particular special moment receiving/playing it, but I can easily see that it is objectively better than Skyward Sword in everything but graphics.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#88SegavsCapcomPosted 1/8/2013 4:34:24 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

Their games are getting easier due to the casual market. That's just annoying.

Also, "nostalgia goggles" aside, many of Nintendo's older games are much better than their recent offerings. I didn't really grow up with OOT or have any particular special moment receiving/playing it, but I can easily see that it is objectively better than Skyward Sword in everything but graphics.

Most Nintendo games have always been easy.

Also, OoT is ridiculously overrated. So is every 3D Zelda game. It's a really over glorified series.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#89-Damien-Posted 1/8/2013 9:58:58 PM
it contributes nothing to gaming industry. it's just messing up a perfectly fine console cycle
#90DemonDog666Posted 1/8/2013 10:10:33 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Most Nintendo games have always been easy.

Also, OoT is ridiculously overrated. So is every 3D Zelda game. It's a really over glorified series.

Overrated or not it's still better then SS