Smash Bros MOBA?

#1Y SPosted 1/8/2013 1:24:39 PM
Think DOTA2 / LOL / Awesomenauts / Bloodline Champions with characters that have been on Nintendo platforms, and you can easily control the characters with d-pad / stick or touch screen? and be cross-buy/ cross-play with 3DS/Wii U etc,, would be a Digital game I guess, could be interesting.

Would be a little more simplified like Awesomenauts or Bloodline Champions, rather than DOTA2/ LOL, would probably be 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, options and have to have fast matchmaking system plus offline mode with bots ofc.

I guess they could make it F2P and charge for DLC or characters, skins and soundtracks.
#2CaioNVPosted 1/8/2013 1:27:30 PM
... Nah.
---
Let's Blocking:
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/Debug_Mode/sf3_2.png
#3P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/8/2013 1:31:37 PM
So... smash Bros with online?
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Trine2
#4Y S(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:36:04 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

MOBA games are nothing like Smash Bros :)
#5P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/8/2013 1:38:05 PM
Y S posted...

They kinda are...
At least Awesomenauts is.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Trine2
#6Y S(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:39:03 PM
Y S posted...

They kinda are...

No its not lol
#7cavebear56Posted 1/8/2013 3:05:38 PM
Could work. Tossed around the idea awhile back on the boards but some of the issues you would run into is ...

1. MOBA communities are mainly popular on PC so it could lead to a small community and end up being left out to dry.

2. You could potentially draw the horrid MOBA community (worse out there. From playing LoL and DotA 2) to consoles.

I like the MOBA model and some real neat stuff can be done with it (Marvel is having one made but last I heard it's getting a release only in South Korea<if I remember correctly> at this time).

I'd rather if they did go with it they tailored it differently then LoL/DotA 2 and made it just familiar enough with quite a few differences (an example being the LotR one that released on consoles not long ago).
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#8Y S(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 3:17:09 PM
cavebear56 posted...
Could work. Tossed around the idea awhile back on the boards but some of the issues you would run into is ...

1. MOBA communities are mainly popular on PC so it could lead to a small community and end up being left out to dry.

2. You could potentially draw the horrid MOBA community (worse out there. From playing LoL and DotA 2) to consoles.

I like the MOBA model and some real neat stuff can be done with it (Marvel is having one made but last I heard it's getting a release only in South Korea<if I remember correctly> at this time).

I'd rather if they did go with it they tailored it differently then LoL/DotA 2 and made it just familiar enough with quite a few differences (an example being the LotR one that released on consoles not long ago).

TBH Bloodline Champions or Awesomenauts style could be easily played on console, or handheld.
#9sonic777Posted 1/8/2013 3:24:45 PM
Y S posted...

They kinda are...

^^^^

Had clearly never played Awesomenauts.
#10Y S(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 3:54:20 PM
sonic777 posted...
Y S posted...

They kinda are...

^^^^

Had clearly never played Awesomenauts.

Aye, probably just seen screen shots which even them don't look much like smash bros :)