Ambassador Program please

#11GEKGanonPosted 1/9/2013 5:31:29 AM
Wow, one of the big problems last gen was people complaining about not having a choice of saving to external hard drives ( Wii, 360 ).. now that it's an option people are gonna whine and cry about it.

You are using the word "option" pretty loosely here. Anyone that wants to download a lot of software from the eShop doesn't really have an "option", having to get an external hard drive is pretty much a requirement. The hard drive has to big formatted specifically to the Wii U, which sucks, and the Wii U itself is pretty erratic in terms of which hard drives actually function correctly. So downloading games essentially dictates the purchase of a HDD exclusively for use with the Wii U, and purchasing that drive is a shot in the dark as to whether or not it works with the system.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#12dennis941012Posted 1/9/2013 5:38:44 AM
Wow, one of the big problems last gen was people complaining about not having a choice of saving to external hard drives ( Wii, 360 ).. now that it's an option people are gonna whine and cry about it.

You are using the word "option" pretty loosely here. Anyone that wants to download a lot of software from the eShop doesn't really have an "option", having to get an external hard drive is pretty much a requirement. The hard drive has to big formatted specifically to the Wii U, which sucks, and the Wii U itself is pretty erratic in terms of which hard drives actually function correctly. So downloading games essentially dictates the purchase of a HDD exclusively for use with the Wii U, and purchasing that drive is a shot in the dark as to whether or not it works with the system.

almost all of them works >_> even the ones that don't can be fixed
besides 500gb = ~$60
1tb = ~$80
2tb = ~$110

if nintendo were to add 500gb to the system WII U would have costed whole lot more
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#13darkjedilinkPosted 1/9/2013 2:54:03 PM
GEKGanon posted...
^
Good for you. I have zero external hard drives since my last one bricked, and I don't have the money to go buy another one, especially when Nintendo isn't very forthcoming about which drives actually work well with the system. All they have said is that USB-powered isn't particularly good, a y-cable might make it better, but self-powered is most likely to work well. I don't find that very helpful information if I have to go drop some cash on a HDD that formats specifically to the Wii U.

Does your HDD have it's own power cable?

If yes, it'll work.

If no, does it have a USB y-cable?

If yes, it'll work.

If no, it might work, but it might not.

How is this "not very forthcoming?" Are you suggesting they need to post a giant list of every USB HDD that will work, because you can't understand basic English?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#14darkjedilinkPosted 1/9/2013 2:57:58 PM
GEKGanon posted...

Anyone who wants to download a lot of software off of any digital storefront better have extra storage options than what's initially included, regardless of what came in the box.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#15DemonDog666Posted 1/9/2013 2:58:40 PM
Petey_Meanis posted...
Good for you. I have zero external hard drives since my last one bricked, and I don't have the money to go buy another one, especially when Nintendo isn't very forthcoming about which drives actually work well with the system. All they have said is that USB-powered isn't particularly good, a y-cable might make it better, but self-powered is most likely to work well. I don't find that very helpful information if I have to go drop some cash on a HDD that formats specifically to the Wii U.

Keyword choice.