Ambassador Program please

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Ambassador Program please

User Info: GEKGanon

GEKGanon
4 years ago#11
Wow, one of the big problems last gen was people complaining about not having a choice of saving to external hard drives ( Wii, 360 ).. now that it's an option people are gonna whine and cry about it.

You are using the word "option" pretty loosely here. Anyone that wants to download a lot of software from the eShop doesn't really have an "option", having to get an external hard drive is pretty much a requirement. The hard drive has to big formatted specifically to the Wii U, which sucks, and the Wii U itself is pretty erratic in terms of which hard drives actually function correctly. So downloading games essentially dictates the purchase of a HDD exclusively for use with the Wii U, and purchasing that drive is a shot in the dark as to whether or not it works with the system.
Steam Name: gekganon

User Info: dennis941012

dennis941012
4 years ago#12
Wow, one of the big problems last gen was people complaining about not having a choice of saving to external hard drives ( Wii, 360 ).. now that it's an option people are gonna whine and cry about it.

You are using the word "option" pretty loosely here. Anyone that wants to download a lot of software from the eShop doesn't really have an "option", having to get an external hard drive is pretty much a requirement. The hard drive has to big formatted specifically to the Wii U, which sucks, and the Wii U itself is pretty erratic in terms of which hard drives actually function correctly. So downloading games essentially dictates the purchase of a HDD exclusively for use with the Wii U, and purchasing that drive is a shot in the dark as to whether or not it works with the system.

almost all of them works >_> even the ones that don't can be fixed
besides 500gb = ~$60
1tb = ~$80
2tb = ~$110

if nintendo were to add 500gb to the system WII U would have costed whole lot more
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123

User Info: darkjedilink

darkjedilink
4 years ago#13
GEKGanon posted...
^
Good for you. I have zero external hard drives since my last one bricked, and I don't have the money to go buy another one, especially when Nintendo isn't very forthcoming about which drives actually work well with the system. All they have said is that USB-powered isn't particularly good, a y-cable might make it better, but self-powered is most likely to work well. I don't find that very helpful information if I have to go drop some cash on a HDD that formats specifically to the Wii U.

Does your HDD have it's own power cable?

If yes, it'll work.

If no, does it have a USB y-cable?

If yes, it'll work.

If no, it might work, but it might not.

How is this "not very forthcoming?" Are you suggesting they need to post a giant list of every USB HDD that will work, because you can't understand basic English?
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie

User Info: darkjedilink

darkjedilink
4 years ago#14
GEKGanon posted...

Anyone who wants to download a lot of software off of any digital storefront better have extra storage options than what's initially included, regardless of what came in the box.
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie

User Info: DemonDog666

DemonDog666
4 years ago#15
Petey_Meanis posted...
Good for you. I have zero external hard drives since my last one bricked, and I don't have the money to go buy another one, especially when Nintendo isn't very forthcoming about which drives actually work well with the system. All they have said is that USB-powered isn't particularly good, a y-cable might make it better, but self-powered is most likely to work well. I don't find that very helpful information if I have to go drop some cash on a HDD that formats specifically to the Wii U.

Keyword choice.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Ambassador Program please

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived