Nintendo - "Virtual Console will eventually be playable on the GamePad alone"

#11AhnoldDoodPosted 1/8/2013 9:10:11 PM
hellbringher posted...
If only there was a way to know that people would have expected this a long time ago. In turn Nintendo could have started on this at least a year ago. Let Nintendo spew their lies though. Nintendo fanboys believe everything. 3 years from now everyone is going to forget and Nintendo is going to walk away quietly.

I'm so glad I met you. You seem to know so much about something you know absolutely nothing about.
#12YamiYugi4400Posted 1/8/2013 9:11:15 PM
go go slow nintendo
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#13hellbringherPosted 1/8/2013 9:15:34 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
hellbringher posted...
If only there was a way to know that people would have expected this a long time ago. In turn Nintendo could have started on this at least a year ago. Let Nintendo spew their lies though. Nintendo fanboys believe everything. 3 years from now everyone is going to forget and Nintendo is going to walk away quietly.

I'm so glad I met you. You seem to know so much about something you know absolutely nothing about.

Keep hope alive. Hahahahaha
---
Regular Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adventure Time
#14AhnoldDoodPosted 1/8/2013 9:16:11 PM
hellbringher posted...

On a scale from 1 to lonely, how desperate are you?
#15CrystalKing5426Posted 1/8/2013 9:17:15 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
go go slow nintendo

Wonder-Nin powers, activate! Form of, a Sloth! Shape of, a Glacier!
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#16LHS_2012Posted 1/8/2013 9:17:43 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
hellbringher posted...

On a scale from 1 to lonely, how desperate are you?

I would guess somewhere from 9 to Taylor Swift between relationships.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#17OzzieArcanePosted 1/8/2013 9:44:50 PM
Personally I just want to option to use the pro controller so I don't have to waste batteries. But I'd be happy with the Gamepad option as well as long as I can look at it on the TV and just use the Gamepad as a controller
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#18TechniMyokoPosted 1/8/2013 9:49:12 PM
Enigma149 posted...
lp913 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
If I had to guess, it's because they have to either a) re-create all of the emulators to work on the Wii U, or b) create a system so that, when you are playing a game in Wii Mode, the Wii U can detect that that game is a Virtual Console game, and re-activate the GamePad to act as the screen to output to and cause the GamePad to act as a Classic Controller, without exiting Wii mode.

Interestingly enough, if they chose the second option, they could theoretically make other Classic Controller games, such as Brawl or Xenoblade, work like this as well.

Pretty much my thinking as well, GamePad and Pro Controller literally have Identical buttons to the old Wii Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro. So at least for the digital games, the button/software conversion shouldn't be difficult, if at all.

The problem is, they basically have to trick the Wii U into thinking the GamePad is really a Classic Controller plugged into the Wii Remote...not exactly easy, especially if there's already a Classic Controller or Nunchuck plugged into the Wii Remote. As it is, the Wii Remote can't receive these signals wirelessly...

actually its very easy. they dont have to remake anything, the code is already done. if they had proper programmers this could be done in a day
#19AhnoldDoodPosted 1/8/2013 9:50:06 PM
TechniMyoko posted...
they dont have to remake anything, the code is already done

Oh, so the Wii VC had the code for the GamePad and the Pro Controller before they even released?
#20Banjo2553Posted 1/8/2013 9:50:10 PM
This is great news. I'm just hoping that they don't just start re-releasing titles again. Hope they just transfer the servers to the eShop while keeping your purchases intact.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz