Nintendo - "Virtual Console will eventually be playable on the GamePad alone"

#21GooBacksBackPosted 1/8/2013 9:56:30 PM
I made a post about this.
#22TheBonfiniPosted 1/8/2013 9:56:35 PM
Does Nintendo have any time frame to implement such basic features?
I thought they were going to have an acheivement type system in place too. Hopefully they are working on this concurrently as will release with a killer app.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#23HeliosAscensionPosted 1/9/2013 12:03:25 AM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Good news, but why is it not available now?

soon...

*has flashbacks of the psx support on Vita and dies*
---
I don't need games to be mature.I need them to entertain me.And sometimes what entertains me is a couple chicks with huge bouncing chests pummeling each other.
#24DemonDog666Posted 1/9/2013 12:21:01 AM
Enigma149 posted...
If I had to guess, it's because they have to either a) re-create all of the emulators to work on the Wii U, or b) create a system so that, when you are playing a game in Wii Mode, the Wii U can detect that that game is a Virtual Console game, and re-activate the GamePad to act as the screen to output to and cause the GamePad to act as a Classic Controller, without exiting Wii mode.

Interestingly enough, if they chose the second option, they could theoretically make other Classic Controller games, such as Brawl or Xenoblade, work like this as well.

I might buy that for gamecube games, but n64, snes and nes games, those emulators are extremely easy to make/run there's no reason for them not to have every n64 and below game on a working wiiU VC that they have the rights to.
#25DemonDog666Posted 1/9/2013 12:22:23 AM
hellbringher posted...
If only there was a way to know that people would have expected this a long time ago. In turn Nintendo could have started on this at least a year ago. Let Nintendo spew their lies though. Nintendo fanboys believe everything. 3 years from now everyone is going to forget and Nintendo is going to walk away quietly.

They aren't lying they are just incompetent.
#26lp913(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 12:08:44 PM
Just like to also add that this Wii U VC development may also explain why games like Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3 were removed from the Wii Shop, possibly being used as test runs for the new Wii U emulation? Just curious speculation on my part.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#27Banjo2553Posted 1/9/2013 4:06:42 PM
lp913 posted...
Just like to also add that this Wii U VC development may also explain why games like Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, and 3 were removed from the Wii Shop, possibly being used as test runs for the new Wii U emulation? Just curious speculation on my part.

Maybe, hoping so. Hoping that once they get this working they'll re-release the DKC Trilogy, because I only have DKC 3.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#28MaggotPosted 1/9/2013 7:15:37 PM
This is great news if true, hopefully it's done before next year. This feature would encourage me to invest in some VC games I wanna try.

Bump... This is the kinda topic that should be on the front page, not all the wii u doomed, sales numbers and troll topics.
---
I Know a lot, but I don't know much.
Dry Browser??? What is he, alcohol free.
#29DemonDog666Posted 1/9/2013 7:30:32 PM
lp913 posted...

That makes no sense since Nintendo would have other copies of it that they could for testing and besides they said they were just moving forward on wiiU VC so they haven't done anything yet. .
#30Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/9/2013 7:49:19 PM
I just hope that they move the VC to the eShop.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285