Nintendo - "Virtual Console will eventually be playable on the GamePad alone"

#31DavCubePosted 1/9/2013 8:46:57 PM
This isn't too surprising... the GamePad has all the necessary buttons to replicate the N64, does it not?
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#32thealmightydibPosted 1/9/2013 8:50:25 PM
There's still no news on whether or not GameCube games will be downloadable through the Wii U Virtual Console, but we do know Reggie Fils-Aime would "love for that to happen". So would we Reggie, so would we."

THIS is what people need to see. I've seen far too many people hear claim that GameCube games have been 100% confirmed and are definitely coming to the WiiU VC. Last thing we need is for Nintendo to confirm that they're not coming and have these people be like "Nintendo lied to us!!"
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
Playing WiiU - Batman AC, CoD:BO2, Scribblenauts U
#33lp913(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:28:34 PM(edited)
DavCube posted...
This isn't too surprising... the GamePad has all the necessary buttons to replicate the N64, does it not?

It does, and it also should have enough to replicate the GameCube for that matter as well. I suspect SOME Cube games would actually play better due to the more traditional layout of the Wii U GamePad and Pro controllers.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#34Dr Edward RoivasPosted 1/11/2013 3:47:06 PM
Many games would NOT play better. You know, those A-button centric ones which let you tap the three surrounding buttons without moving much at all. F-Zero, Smash Bros. Melee, Metroid Prime, and Tony Hawk was another one in my opinion..

And then there are the analog shoulder buttons. Super Mario Sunshine would literally require a change in coding to work.
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
#35lp913(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 2:00:43 PM
Dr Edward Roivas posted...
Many games would NOT play better. You know, those A-button centric ones which let you tap the three surrounding buttons without moving much at all. F-Zero, Smash Bros. Melee, Metroid Prime, and Tony Hawk was another one in my opinion..

And then there are the analog shoulder buttons. Super Mario Sunshine would literally require a change in coding to work.

Exactly why I stated SOME, not all of GameCube games would actually play better on the Wii U, like the third party multiplats of the GameCube days, for example.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#36SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/13/2013 2:08:20 PM
Well if they made the Wii a better console, they wouldn't of had to abandon it and rush the Wii U into stores. Then they might not of needed that crappy day one update and have as sluggish an OS in there. And the VC on the gamepad alone might have made it in. I'll be surprised if you hear anything more about this before the beginning of next year.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.