How?

XIII>Xeno

Better graphics
Better characters
Better gameplay

What kind of rigged gatbage is this?

lolno.
#12Master_TothoPosted 1/9/2013 6:34:31 AM
I wanted to like Xenoblade, I really did, but I am constantly befuddled by all the praise it gets. It felt like it took all the worst aspects of an MMO, then added anime nonsense to make what i perceive as a lackluster game. I'm contemplating forcing myself through it, just because people keep singing its praises, but for right now I just don't get it. At least Last Story rocked.
---
XBL GT: Master Totho
SSFIV: Chun-li BB:CS: Jin
#13TheFallenPriestPosted 1/9/2013 6:52:45 AM
But but but... Graphics > Gameplay!
Does Not Compute!
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64999261/728682650 Xeeh_Blitz says Wii U Controller Rattling is worse than XBox RROD, Troll status confirmed.
#14xLittlekillxPosted 1/9/2013 7:16:03 AM
I only started playing it a couple of weeks ago on my Wii U, so I really can't say if it's the best or not. Personally, I've gotta go with Dragons Dogma.
#15CrysianiaPosted 1/9/2013 7:23:59 AM
Pokerkid777 posted...
How?

XIII>Xeno

Better graphics
Better characters
Better gameplay

What the hell? xiii is total utter garbage, couldnt even finish it!, the only ff game ive played that i couldnt finish.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#16andrea987Posted 1/9/2013 7:31:53 AM
xLittlekillx posted...
I only started playing it a couple of weeks ago on my Wii U, so I really can't say if it's the best or not. Personally, I've gotta go with Dragons Dogma.

I was also torn between the two, but in the end I went with Xenoblade.
#17lt519Posted 1/9/2013 7:31:55 AM
Crysiania posted...
Pokerkid777 posted...
How?

XIII>Xeno

Better graphics
Better characters
Better gameplay

What the hell? xiii is total utter garbage, couldnt even finish it!, the only ff game ive played that i couldnt finish.

I loved XIII, the corridors pissed me off, but the Gameplay was real deep once you got into the more difficult enemies in the Gran Pulse. Item collecting wasn't as interesting, but I loved the fast gameplay, paradigms, and leveling system. I didn't get around to XIII-2 though, sadly I don't have enough time to rock through 60-70 hour RPGs anymore. Didn't get a chance to play Xenoblade either ):

If they make a Wii U Xenoblade sequel I will definitely get it though.
#18thundercat2600Posted 1/9/2013 7:37:20 AM
I am completely baffled that anybody actually likes the xiii cast. The only ones even remotely likeable were Sazh and Fang. And holy crap did the writing suck in that game. It's not quite Star Ocean 4 bad, but it's close.

The only good parts about XIII are the battle system, graphics, and music. Xenoblade is a far superior game overall.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#19TerotrousPosted 1/9/2013 8:23:20 AM
Master_Totho posted...
I wanted to like Xenoblade, I really did, but I am constantly befuddled by all the praise it gets. It felt like it took all the worst aspects of an MMO

Except they skipped what is really the only bad aspect of MMOs, which is the massive amount of forced grinding. Xenoblade has virtually no grinding whatsoever.

Presumably what you're referring to is instead the amount of questing in the game, but it's largely optional and the game does have various modern conveniences like fast travel (heck, you don't even have to return to most of the quests when they're done), and there's loads of other highly quest-oriented RPGs.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#20crowe_1Posted 1/9/2013 8:33:52 AM
lninjasonicl posted...
I am going to try it again later this year after the massive letdown I experienced because of over hype. It didn't seem bad, but it was nowhere near the end all be all of RPG's that people made it out to be and that left a bad impression on me.

I suggest you try it again. I could be wrong, but I'd think you probably tried it out for a few hours, said "meh", and put the game back on the shelf. And who can blame you? Xenoblade is pretty dull at the beginning when you only have one-to-three characters to play as, and only as many attacks to execute.

Honestly, the game doesn't really "click" as being THAT good until you get a little farther in and realize just how gigantic and varied the areas are, just how many sidequests there are, just how many unique and evolving NPCs there are, unlock new abilities, characters, armors, and game mechanics. Based on content alone, the game is mind-boggling. My first playthrough ran 195 hours. The character and armor customization is top-notch. And the combat system becomes very fun later on when some more options open up, which makes it more strategic.

All that being said, the game just might not be your cup of tea, which is fine too. At least you're willing to give it a chance (and a second chance) before saying you don't like it, which is more than many would bother with.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1