Xenoblade wins best JRPG of 2012 on gamefaqs

#21ARsignal11Posted 1/9/2013 7:58:29 AM
teh1337gosu posted...
Xenoblade is so big, wish I didn't work full time..

If I had xenoblade as a kid I would have been in love,

This. Ah, to be young again.
#22TerotrousPosted 1/9/2013 8:08:40 AM(edited)
It took me about 8 months to beat the game and it took around 160 hours.

It's insanely long, but very well worth it. I was having more fun with this game after 140 hours than with many games after 10.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#23meiyukiPosted 1/9/2013 8:11:57 AM
lt519 posted...

I loved XIII, the corridors pissed me off, but the Gameplay was real deep once you got into the more difficult enemies in the Gran Pulse.

Deep like x,x,x,x,x,x wait for turn to come up again? I'm not saying xenoblade's battle system is a paragon of depth but if ff13 is deep gameplay I'm not sure I want to live on this planet anymore.
#24nonexistingheroPosted 1/9/2013 8:50:04 AM
Master_Totho posted...
I wanted to like Xenoblade, I really did, but I am constantly befuddled by all the praise it gets. It felt like it took all the worst aspects of an MMO, then added anime nonsense to make what i perceive as a lackluster game. I'm contemplating forcing myself through it, just because people keep singing its praises, but for right now I just don't get it. At least Last Story rocked.

I personally thought The Last Story was a huge disappointment with a generic cliché anime story and characters that act just like that.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#25lt519Posted 1/9/2013 9:05:11 AM
meiyuki posted...
lt519 posted...

I loved XIII, the corridors pissed me off, but the Gameplay was real deep once you got into the more difficult enemies in the Gran Pulse.

Deep like x,x,x,x,x,x wait for turn to come up again? I'm not saying xenoblade's battle system is a paragon of depth but if ff13 is deep gameplay I'm not sure I want to live on this planet anymore.

You obviously didn't fight any of the tough enemies that required a little more thought than x,x,x,x,x. A lot of em actually required strategies and getting the right paradigms at the right moments. The game at it's base level was real easy and didn't take much effort, but completing all the Cie'th stones was a fun challenge. That and taking down the adamantioses was a lot of fun.
#26meiyukiPosted 1/9/2013 9:10:08 AM
lt519 posted...
meiyuki posted...
lt519 posted...

You obviously didn't fight any of the tough enemies that required a little more thought than x,x,x,x,x. A lot of em actually required strategies and getting the right paradigms at the right moments. The game at it's base level was real easy and didn't take much effort, but completing all the Cie'th stones was a fun challenge. That and taking down the adamantioses was a lot of fun.

I did complete it all, except the very last challenge boss. The game really isn't that complicated. It's a linear dungeon walk with a mostly automatic battle system. The game is about as deep as a puddle after a light sprinkle.
#27lt519Posted 1/9/2013 9:22:02 AM
meiyuki posted...

I did complete it all, except the very last challenge boss. The game really isn't that complicated. It's a linear dungeon walk with a mostly automatic battle system. The game is about as deep as a puddle after a light sprinkle.

So you took the time to complete a game pretty much 100% that you thought was terrible from the get-go?
#28meiyukiPosted 1/9/2013 9:26:03 AM
lt519 posted...
meiyuki posted...

So you took the time to complete a game pretty much 100% that you thought was terrible from the get-go?

It didn't take that long, and at the time it was really hard to buy games(it was my roommates) so I didn't exactly have a lot to play. I think it took me longer to just complete the story in xenoblade than to basically 100% ff13. There's just not a lot of depth to that game that's really all there is to it.
#29PeteyParkerPosted 1/9/2013 9:29:02 AM
teh1337gosu posted...
Xenoblade is so big, wish I didn't work full time..

If I had xenoblade as a kid I would have been in love,

This
---
"How can.. the Prime minister.. support a law.. that makes it illegal for people.. who....What I'm trying to say is.. Oasis rules!"
#30CrystalKing5426(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 10:18:42 AM
FFXIII: because moving in 8 directions is 6 too many.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid