Next Assassins Creed 3 DLC skips Wii U...

#11BuretsuPosted 1/9/2013 1:06:14 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Because lord knows this means it's not coming.

Darksiders 2 DLC skips the Wii U
1st Assassins Creed 3 DLC skips the Wii U
2nd Assassins Creed 3 DLC skips the Wii U

It's time to face the facts, DLC is not on the Wii U so far and doesn't look to be changing anytime soon. Irritating.

Is there something fundamentally wrong with Nintendos network that is causing the massive exodus of DLC from Wii-U?
What is their stance on this? This must be an issue for gamers who pay just as much as other consoles for their entertainment.

Exactly what I'm wondering. The only "DLC" released thus far has been free content added through updates.

And it irritates me because it shows that Nintendo isn't taking online seriously. This sort of thing should be been set up and ready to go from day one. This isn't 2001 where an online shop is "new and unique", it released in 2012 for god's sake.

Again, why do you care when you do not own a Wii U?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#12Baha05Posted 1/9/2013 1:06:55 AM
Yes, two independent developers both want to not get money from having their stuff on the eShop. Please, be real here.

Yeah I am being real, let's just think that maybe porters are having some issue with the new hardware? Or since THQ is pretty much defunked that the DS2 DLC won't come?
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#13TheBonfiniPosted 1/9/2013 1:11:01 AM
Baha05 posted...
TheBonfini posted...
Is there something fundamentally wrong with Nintendos network that is causing the massive exodus of DLC from Wii-U?
What is their stance on this? This must be an issue for gamers who pay just as much as other consoles for their entertainment.

Ever think it's on issue on the developers part?

Just speculating. Maybe it is paid DLC rights for Sony/MS?

Why would the developer not want paid DLC on the Wii-U?

It is more likely a massive secret problem with the Nintendo Network that hasn't been exposed yet. Remember, we don't even know the true stats of the Wii-U. Nintendo likes to play things close to their chest. This might explain why NSMBU and Nintendoland don't have online multiplayer. It doesn't appear that the Network is ready. There is no Wii-U Virtual Console yet either.

Something fishy is going on.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#14Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:12:14 AM
Is it "Blame Nintendo For Everything" week?

I see the dumbest reasons why this is Nintendo's fault, especially since NSMB2, Mystery Dungeon 3, and Fire Emblem show that they have no problem with DLC.

Those aren't Wii U games, and as we know the Wii U eShop and the 3DS eShop are not connected yet.
#15AhnoldDoodPosted 1/9/2013 1:13:14 AM
TheBonfini posted...

It is more likely a massive secret problem with the Nintendo Network that hasn't been exposed yet. Remember, we don't even know the true stats of the Wii-U. Nintendo likes to play things close to their chest. This might explain why NSMBU and Nintendoland don't have online multiplayer. It doesn't appear that the Network is ready. There is no Wii-U Virtual Console yet either.

Ladies and gentlemen: Utter stupidity.

"Durrr, Ubisoft don't have all DLC on Wii U. This means Nintendo Network is not ready!"

Yeah, perfectly logicial. Its not like Nintendo ever released DLC before oh wait they did.
#16AhnoldDoodPosted 1/9/2013 1:13:53 AM
Those aren't Wii U games

So what? Same principle applies. You say Nintendo has a problem with online and DLC. I prove you wrong.
#17Baha05Posted 1/9/2013 1:16:02 AM
TheBonfini posted...

It's quite possible contracts are also an issue but really an issue on the Nintendo Network end is honestly a really idiotic suggestion as you can already. Because games like NSMB U and Nintendo Land not having online multiplayer is more a developer decision as not all games require online features. Hell games like Black Ops 2 HAVE online multiplayer. And with the eShop we already have games that can be downloaded, so simply adding DLC would just require it to be put on the eShop, bought and downloaded, then the game goes through an Update since games on the Wii U CAN be updated.

The status of the VC for the Wii U also has no baring on the topic because that can be chalked up to other issues or development of the emulators.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#18Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:16:18 AM
Those aren't Wii U games

So what? Same principle applies. You say Nintendo has a problem with online and DLC. I prove you wrong.

The problem is that they don't take it seriously enough to have it ready for day one. Same thing happened with the 3DS, shop wasn't available until what, June? If any other companies product launched like this in 2012 it would be lambasted, but not Nintendo...
#19AhnoldDoodPosted 1/9/2013 1:17:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#20TheBonfiniPosted 1/9/2013 1:17:19 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
TheBonfini posted...

Ladies and gentlemen: Utter stupidity.

"Durrr, Ubisoft don't have all DLC on Wii U. This means Nintendo Network is not ready!"

Yeah, perfectly logicial. Its not like Nintendo ever released DLC before oh wait they did.

How else do you explain Nintendo not having online multiplayer on their 1st Party games? The Nintendo Network might not be ready. One wonders if this is why they haven't dropped the price of the Wii-U yet.

Once the Networks problems are rectified you can expect Nintendo to allow the Ambassador U program to be available for download with a generous $100 price drop to spur sales.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg