Next Assassins Creed 3 DLC skips Wii U...

#111AhnoldDoodPosted 1/9/2013 1:26:04 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
That update has yet to come, but what it proves is that their servers and systems did require an update to have DLC..

1) Tell me where the quote said 'They/You need to update to have the DLC'? Do you know what "following" means?

2) That doesn't prove a DAMN THING since RETAIL GAMES (and downloadable titles) came along with the DLC.
#112Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:26:51 PM
That update has yet to come, but what it proves is that their servers and systems did require an update to have DLC..

1) Tell me where the quote said 'They/You need to update to have the DLC'? Do you know what "following" means?

2) That doesn't prove a DAMN THING since RETAIL GAMES (and downloadable titles) came along with the DLC.

Thanks for proving you can do nothing but play stupid, welcome back to the ignore list.
#113shane122345Posted 1/9/2013 1:27:37 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Is it "Blame Nintendo For Everything" week?

I see the dumbest reasons why this is Nintendo's fault, especially since NSMB2, Mystery Dungeon 3, and Fire Emblem show that they have no problem with DLC.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/45402/assassins-creed-3-battle-hardened-dlc-is-coming-to-wii-u/
#114AhnoldDoodPosted 1/9/2013 1:28:28 PM
Thanks for proving you can do nothing but play stupid, welcome back to the ignore list.

Its cute how this kid misreads a quote and blames other people for it. Its amazing how you're stupid so low to "justify" your idiotic logic of "If the DLC is coming out later than when other consoles got it, that means the servers couldn't upload it!"
#115Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:28:37 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Is it "Blame Nintendo For Everything" week?

I see the dumbest reasons why this is Nintendo's fault, especially since NSMB2, Mystery Dungeon 3, and Fire Emblem show that they have no problem with DLC.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/45402/assassins-creed-3-battle-hardened-dlc-is-coming-to-wii-u/

Release date? Because the first DLC pack was announced for the Wii U too and look where that's at.
#116geneticsftwPosted 1/9/2013 1:29:14 PM

Didn't you post earlier you were done?
---
Sweet
#117Baha05Posted 1/9/2013 1:29:19 PM
kissdadookie posted...
That's a terrible assumption that defies the business aspect of it. These companies are businesses, they are not releasing things for goodwill, they release it with the full intention of making money. I highly doubt that they've sold enough copies of AC3 for the Wii U to warrant worrying about putting DLC out for it. Why? Because even if every single owner of AC3 Wii U bought the DLC, it's still probably not enough for Ubisoft to break even on the development and distribution of it.

I mean honestly, the reason that all these ports even made it to the Wii U in the first place is most likely Nintendo having probably threw a bit of an incentives package at these publishers and then hoping that the games would sell well enough to attract more 3rd party support. Obviously these games haven't sold that well and now we are seeing devs and publishers come out o the woodwork saying how things like Crysis 3 makes no financial sense to release on the Wii U.

I guess but still you would think that they would want all version on a somewhat equal ground or else what would be the incentive to buy say ME3 on the Wii U if it'll be a game that has gimped content in the long run? Especially if they expect these ports to make a killing on the system.

Devs gotta work for these things you know?
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#118kissdadookiePosted 1/9/2013 1:29:22 PM
To be perfectly honest, I feel that all the dislike and critique on publishers and devs are totally misplaced. The Wii U isn't getting great 3rd party support due to how Nintendo has been running their business for this whole console generation (PS360/Wii). They made their own Wii market that was completely disconnected with the main PS360 market. Now with the Wii U, it's Nintendo trying to gain parity with just the PS360 at the moment. People who have PS360s mostly are not going to go and drop their current platforms in favour for the Wii U, plain and simple. So they will continue buying things like AC3 and what not for their existing PS360s and if they do own a Wii U, these multi-console owners would most likely just stick with the exclusives for the Wii U.

So all these leads back to publishers and devs, they are not stupid enough to waste their resources to develop a multi-plat game, especially ones that have been in dev for some time now, for the Wii U when there's a 90+% chance that the number of copies they will be able to sell on the Wii U will not come close to recouping the cost of developing the Wii U version. You can't really blame publishers and devs for NOT wanting to lose money.
#119Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:31:05 PM
It's also true that developers simply don't want to waste money on Wii U versions, but that doesn't explain the Assassin's Creed 3 DLC which is announced for the Wii U but simply not out yet due to the server infrastructure not being there.
#120AhnoldDoodPosted 1/9/2013 1:33:53 PM
It's also true that developers simply don't want to waste money on Wii U versions, but that doesn't explain the Assassin's Creed 3 DLC which is announced for the Wii U but simply not out yet due to the server infrastructure not being there.

The terrible English just clinches it.

"but that doesn't explain the Assassin's Creed 3 DLC which is announced for the Wii U but simply not out yet due to the server infrastructure not being there."

Not only is that contradictory to the first sentence (Developers don't want to waste money on Wii U versions, so they make it for the Wii U? What?), but you have absolutely no proof of the crap you spew.