Next Assassins Creed 3 DLC skips Wii U...

#71geneticsftwPosted 1/9/2013 4:56:02 AM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
TheBonfini posted...
Is there something fundamentally wrong with Nintendos network that is causing the massive exodus of DLC from Wii-U?
What is their stance on this? This must be an issue for gamers who pay just as much as other consoles for their entertainment.

Ever think it's on issue on the developers part?

Yes, two independent developers both want to not get money from having their stuff on the eShop. Please, be real here.

Obviously nothing is ever nintendo's fault.

1. no dlc: developers fault

2. slow cpu: microsoft dit it

3. slow os: obviously sony snuck into nintendo and sabotoged their os

They should call you mr smarty pants jr
---
Sweet
#72Kenichi34Posted 1/9/2013 5:18:12 AM
Why is this topic still here? The DLC's been confirmed for the Wii U.
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth
#73Hustler NinePosted 1/9/2013 5:46:28 AM
Well no one bought Assassin's Creed 3 on WiiU. Why should they bother to make DLC on it?

I expect next AC not to come to WiiU.
---
If you call the Devil, Dante will come. If you call Dante, then...Devil May Cry...
#74abbeldydooPosted 1/9/2013 5:48:24 AM
Kenichi34 posted...
Why is this topic still here? The DLC's been confirmed for the Wii U.

---
it's the "Final nail" for the Wii U...Ouch!
NNID-Abbeldydoo
#75KouramaPosted 1/9/2013 6:37:27 AM
DLC definitely is capable of working on Nintendo Network. How else did I get the other characters in Ninja Gaiden 3. I do agree there are probably some technical issues though, which Nintendo should've ironed out ages ago.
#76Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 6:44:24 AM
Seeing as how you guys kept the bumped up while I was asleep, I'll give you another reply.

Also, if Nintendo's servers are supposedly the reason why the DLC didn't come early, then how could entire games? So you're saying that the servers make it harder to upload, lets say 500MB DLC, but not 16GB full retail games? OK...

Because the system isn't in place on their server to have additional content be downloadable yet...? It was never about size and I'm fairly certain you know that. Stop playing stupid it's unbecoming of you.

DLC definitely is capable of working on Nintendo Network. How else did I get the other characters in Ninja Gaiden 3. I do agree there are probably some technical issues though, which Nintendo should've ironed out ages ago.

That was content added through an update, not the same as purchasing DLC.
#77KouramaPosted 1/9/2013 7:05:48 AM

My point is the system for DLC is in place and works, but there must be some business or technical issue with using the same method of delivery for "payed updates" from the eshop.

I would definitely say this is due Nintendo and possibly the developers' laziness.
#78xLittlekillxPosted 1/9/2013 7:10:51 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/08/assassins-creed-3-gets-battle-hardened-multiplayer-dlc-out-now/

Ugh, this is getting ridiculous.

You're the guy who's only played the Wii U once at a demo kiosk, and that was last week. Right?
#79Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:31:08 AM

My point is the system for DLC is in place and works, but there must be some business or technical issue with using the same method of delivery for "payed updates" from the eshop.

I would definitely say this is due Nintendo and possibly the developers' laziness.

The point is that the system for paid DLC is actually not in place on the Wii U eShop yet. The only DLC we have is content added in updates (Ninja Gaiden Razors Edge, Warriors Orochi Hyper somethingsoemthing), or unlock keys for on disc content (Tank! Tank! Tank! Japan version). I don't think this has anything to do with developers laziness, it's all on Nintendo and not having their backend up and running 100%.
#80omniryuPosted 1/9/2013 10:18:47 AM(edited)
We don't know if most of the DLC is unlock content or not. But the real issue is is it worth making DLC for.

Personally, I think how they so DLC via a patch seems better than the other. So if a game wasnt program to use DLC. It can patch it in when you download the DLC. And I do believe they have paid DLC, Just Dance 4.

The issue is, is it worth it? Because they might not make enough money for the effort of putting DLC on the Wii U.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu