Best Buy already lowered WiiU to $239

#51Enigma149Posted 1/9/2013 1:08:55 PM
3D_Shado posted...
elheber posted...
iloveheavyrain posted...
First adopters, stand by for you 20 Ambassador Gamecube games!

I would s*** my pants.

Yeah man playing those NES games you own on half a dozen consoles already in glorious upscaled 1080P... sounds pretty great XD!

XD!

I bolded something. I think you ought to read it before you make any more stupid comments.

On topic, TC, try to use logic. Bundles happen all the time after system launches - and yes, sometime individual stores do bundles. GameStop announced a Wii U "Starter Kit" bundle before the thing even launched - does that mean it wasn't selling well then? I also might add that the sale in-question is already over:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/26/wii-u-basic-bundled-with-nintendoland-at-best-buy/

And given how, outside of Europe, the Wii U has easily outperformed the Xbox 360 and PS3 launches in terms of sales, I think things are going fine.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#52Sailor GoonPosted 1/9/2013 1:09:20 PM
Buretsu posted...
Oh, man, when has a system coming bundled with a game ever not been a bad thing?

I mean, it marked the end of the PS2, Xbox, PS3, 360, DS, PSP, Vita, 3DS, the Wii...

Except they didnt bundle in a game only 6 weeks after launch
---
"The Vita sold six times more than the 3DS so far" - n0matter
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#53NiftyManZPosted 1/9/2013 1:12:55 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
Buretsu posted...
Oh, man, when has a system coming bundled with a game ever not been a bad thing?

I mean, it marked the end of the PS2, Xbox, PS3, 360, DS, PSP, Vita, 3DS, the Wii...

Oh really? So you are telling me that no stores world wide did not do a bundle special on ANY of those consoles in the first six weeks. Interesting...
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#54geneticsftwPosted 1/9/2013 1:27:03 PM
NiftyManZ posted...
iloveheavyrain posted...
Wii U price drop is coming. Watch. And learn.

Yes, one is coming... But probably not anytime soon...

When it does happen the idiot will be like, I called it!
---
Sweet
#55Enigma149Posted 1/9/2013 1:29:19 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
Buretsu posted...

You're right again, of course. They bundled games 10 weeks after launch, which is a bit better:
http://kotaku.com/234564/and-the-japanese-ps3-game-bundles-start

Then again, that was an official bundle. Let me see if I can find one just like this - a bundle created by a retailer. Oh, wait - here's one:
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/05/hmv-bundles-psp-with-ps3-pre-orders/

And that came on launch day, too...

I'm also going to throw out how quickly the price dropped and on the official PS3 - 7 months, at the time unprecedented (today, the only successful system to have a faster price drop is the 3DS) - for a $100 price drop and a bundled game.

Let's see how the Wii U does in comparison.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; PSN: CrimsonEnigma (not currently in use)
'If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature' -squatch
#56mjc0961Posted 1/9/2013 2:09:42 PM
iloveheavyrain posted...
You can now get a White system for $299. And Best Buy will give you a brand new Nintendoland game valued at $60.

$299-$60=$239.

So, Wii U has not been lowered in price at all. They just gave you a game at no additional cost.

You suck at trolling.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#57DemonDog666Posted 1/9/2013 2:10:59 PM
darkjedilink posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Because as we all know, random stores lowering down the price means that the product is failing!

That's what you Nintendo trolls said on the vita board

Not quite. However, considering the Wii U has already outsold the Vita's lifetime sales, you really have nothing else to come back with on that front.

No it hasn't lol, learn to tell which number is bigger.
#58gumbyxcore99Posted 1/9/2013 2:12:36 PM
So if I go to best buy right now with 239 can I walk out with a wii u?
---
iller than phil schiller
#59crowkillersPosted 1/9/2013 4:47:54 PM
IMO, all of the white models should have included this game from the start...
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#60TerotrousPosted 1/10/2013 7:00:19 AM
20 Ambassador GC games would be like a 30 gig download.

To say nothing of the fact that they'd have to give you basically every first-party GC game to get to 20.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery