Does wii u support two gamepads yet?

#21FoppePosted 1/9/2013 4:55:51 AM
lightningbugx posted...
Are gamepads available for purchase separate from the Wii U console?

Nope. It reminds me of a topic we had near launch about a uncle that had bought two Wii U's, one for himself and one for his niece. He asked if the Wii U could be played with a Pro controller so he could take the gamepad from his nieces Wii U and keep for himself so he got two gamepads.

Paladinrja posted...
ugoo18 posted...
Depends on how soon those dual gamepad games can be announced/released.

However once they are available you can bet EA's sports games will be one of the first to take advantage of them.

Also before someone comes in with herp derp knowledge they scrounged from their misinterpretation of info while 2 Gamepads are being used the framerate on the GAMEPADS NOT THE GAME BUT THE GAMEPADS will be halved to 30fps.

So if the game runs at 60fps or 30fps natively it will still run at that on the tv however whatever is being streamed to the 2 gamepads will be at 30fps.

This is because it is streamed to technology that only allows 60 fps to be streamed, which is why the gamepads framerate are halved or else it would have to stream 120fps.

It doesn't work like that. If its streaming 60 frames per second, it streams that to all devices.

Pretty sure that Nintendo said that the framerate would be halved while using two gamepads, they should know what they are talking about.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#22ugoo18Posted 1/9/2013 5:38:26 AM
Paladinrja posted...
ugoo18 posted...
Depends on how soon those dual gamepad games can be announced/released.

However once they are available you can bet EA's sports games will be one of the first to take advantage of them.

Also before someone comes in with herp derp knowledge they scrounged from their misinterpretation of info while 2 Gamepads are being used the framerate on the GAMEPADS NOT THE GAME BUT THE GAMEPADS will be halved to 30fps.

So if the game runs at 60fps or 30fps natively it will still run at that on the tv however whatever is being streamed to the 2 gamepads will be at 30fps.

This is because it is streamed to technology that only allows 60 fps to be streamed, which is why the gamepads framerate are halved or else it would have to stream 120fps.

It doesn't work like that. If its streaming 60 frames per second, it streams that to all devices.

No

It streams at a max of 60fps period.

It cannot stream that to 2 gamepads at the same time which is why it halves it to 30fps for each individual gamepad.
---
"THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT ?"
#23TonyRodrigues76(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 2:59:19 AM
Well 30fps to the gamepad dont bother me that much as long as I now know that it is coming. I just wish we would get a answer on when and how much each gamepad is going to set us back.
#24AhnoldDoodPosted 1/10/2013 3:05:18 AM
TonyRodrigues76 posted...
Well 30fps to the gamepad dont bother me that much as long as I now know that it is coming. I just wish we would get a answer on when and how much each gamepad is going to set us back.

Like everyone said, the only drawbacks are FPS cuts and probably resolution cuts.

They're probably going to sit on this until they find a solution, or just wait until a large amount of the market knows the Wii U = a console.
#25Petey_MeanisPosted 1/10/2013 3:25:27 AM
From: TonyRodrigues76 | Posted: 1/10/2013 5:59:19 AM | #023
I just wish we would get a answer on when and how much each gamepad is going to set us back.

replacements from Nintendo cost $85.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#26TonyRodrigues76(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 3:29:31 AM
thats not bad for a replacement just wondering how much though the actual store will ding us for though
#27Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/10/2013 5:29:32 AM
IT doesn't support 2 gamepads yet, not that the games don't support it. It's that the firmware of the console does not support it yet

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Wii-U-Support-Two-GamePads-Starting-Next-Year-47024.html''

Also, when using two gamepads it'll also effect the resolution and framerate on the TV, because the Wii U console has to render and send the information to the actual gamepad, it's done on the controller. So having to do that for another controller takes away from the resources from the Wii U which effects everything.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#28Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/10/2013 5:30:41 AM
Petey_Meanis posted...
From: TonyRodrigues76 | Posted: 1/10/2013 5:59:19 AM | #023
I just wish we would get a answer on when and how much each gamepad is going to set us back.

replacements from Nintendo cost $85.

Yes, that's for defective, send your old one in, get a new one. You can't just buy it from them at that price.

It's about half the cost of each one, unless they're selling Wii U's for like $180 bucks
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#29JonbazookabozPosted 1/10/2013 5:39:10 AM
Of course it runs two gamepads. It is limited to 30fps when using two remember. But there are no games yet to use it. Nintendo, like any other business, will use this as a scalable option to promote a life cycle. They would be crazy stupid not too. Give it time u sneaky trolls.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#30MichaelDeAngeloPosted 1/10/2013 5:41:56 AM
It supports it, but no games do.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.