Genuinely Curious

#11shaunmePosted 1/9/2013 10:01:58 AM
lt519 posted...
Shiny new tech, how could I not buy one?

this.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#12dart246Posted 1/9/2013 10:13:51 AM
3D_Shado posted...
I bought it for the games. VERY disappointed!

Except you've admitted you don't have one.
---
PSN: VisperCon; NNI: Rywins
#13Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/9/2013 10:17:51 AM
HD Nintendo gamez.
---
NNID: ChocoboDragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#14guttertalkPosted 1/9/2013 10:32:50 AM
I had several reasons:

# It was an impulse buy to an extent. When I walked into Target to get some other things, I said to myself that if it's in, I'd buy one. They were just bringing new ones out when I walked by, saying that they get the supplies in earlier than expected.

# My 360 is slowing dying. The disk drive is making noise. The network adapter requires at least 3 attempts to connect. Unless I see one for really, really cheap, I won't buy another.

# For a while, I played the Wii more than the 360. In spite of the poor online features and lower quality graphics, the Wii was hardly a failed console in our house. I don't question that we got our money's worth.

# I thought the 3rd party support would be better, with higher quality games from non-Nintendo publishers.

I wasn't drawn to any of the launch games in particular, but several look good. For now, I have a backlog of different games to finish, so I'm not champing at the bit for new Wii U games.
#15NyyarkPosted 1/9/2013 10:34:40 AM
Local multi for Thanksgiving and Christmas since I was having family in town. Was not disappointed.

Otherwise I'm waiting for Pikmin and Monster Hunter.
#16PaladinrjaPosted 1/9/2013 11:21:21 AM
Nintendo, Star wars, R2D2, DC Comics (Comics in general), 2001 a Space Odyssey, Jet Fighters, Footall (Soccer),Camping, Cooking, Acorn, ASM, Alien, Books (Lots mostly Fantasy), Blade Runner, Programming, Indianna Jones, Sega, Activist Photographer, Berlin Wall, Sex, Army, Parties, Marriage, My Daughters, My Mates, Analogue Phones, Engines (Diesel & Combustion), Cars, Digital Media, Wav, Gravis, Radeon, AMD, Pool, Nightclubs, Networking, Business, Industry, Curiosity.

Alot goes into what drew me to the system.
#17GloryChaosPosted 1/9/2013 11:24:17 AM
FabulousZero posted...
GloryChaos posted...
On a whim. I also wanted to experience buying a console at launch for once.

What a rich stud :)

Sorry broham. I can't read your posts because I'm too busy looking at your immense library of ps3, ps2, and DS games as well as your powerhouse of a laptop.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#18Baha05Posted 1/9/2013 11:24:20 AM
Much like a lot of consoles we have bought, the Wii U was bought for future potential in the system and a few of the launch titles.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#19diving_devil46Posted 1/9/2013 11:27:56 AM
I didn't get it at release, but got it start of Jan (release period I guess?)

Firstly it was on sale in January over here.

Second, I got a new job and wanted to treat myself to something, girlfriend was interested in the Wii U so we agreed it was a worthy expense.

Finally I primarily got it for MH3U - really can't wait for that game.