Discussion point: Do you see motion controls being used often with the Wii U?

#11xLittlekillxPosted 1/9/2013 7:59:41 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Fishing Resort is the pinnacle of motion controls. You might think I'm being ironic, but I'm not. The game is spectacular and the controls are great.

I'll take your word for it, though we had games like that since Dreamcast.

You might think you did, but Fishing Resort is one of a kind and best in its class.
#12Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:00:50 AM
Fishing Resort is the pinnacle of motion controls. You might think I'm being ironic, but I'm not. The game is spectacular and the controls are great.

You might think you did, but Fishing Resort is one of a kind and best in its class.

Alright, reviews seem to disagree but that's fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the random fishing game.
#13xLittlekillxPosted 1/9/2013 8:02:49 AM

Alright, reviews seem to disagree but that's fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the random fishing game.

Yeah, the reviews are wrong.
#14PaladinrjaPosted 1/9/2013 8:36:33 AM
This discussion was prompted by a CES interview with Gabe Newell of Valve fame:

Nintendo have taken motion control a long way, so I can't see it dissapearing anytime soon.
Newalls surmise on bio-metrics sounds interesting, that tech doesn't come cheap though. Retinal tracking, bio-electric tranferance (powering your watch simply by wearing it) & of course heat sensitivity, are established technologies; that the exacting requirements of gamers mean the better end of the scale would need to be implimented. Guess we'll have to wait & see what they come up with.
#15Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:43:00 AM
I'm intrigued by these biometric controls or gameplay enhancements. Cautiously optimistic.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#16StealthlysPosted 1/9/2013 8:44:38 AM
Hydra Razer is the new future.
#17SorsShinjoPosted 1/9/2013 9:17:17 AM
Zangeki no Reginleiv is the only game that makes good usage of motion controls that could only be done much worse with a controller (except sports-/minigames of course). It's a shame this game was never released outside japan, but every fan of over the top medival fantasy army slashing games should give it a try, its made by sandlot which many people love for their EDF games.

The big problem with motion controls in action games is that gestures can not replace buttons as they are undeniably worse: slower and less precision. and this is an fact not an opinion. This mainly drives waggles (Galaxy and every 2nd wii game) and predefined movements (No More HEros, Skyward Sword, etc) out of the court.

What stays are true motion controls, but they are very rare as a game has to be developed completely around them and utilize them in a non-buggy way, and Zangeki no Reginleiv is the only Wii action game that accomplished this which is a very sad proof.
Motion controls are pretty fresh still, and i don't doubt that there will be some gems out there in the future, but the reality is that motion controlers are niche controlers, like guitars, dancemats, wheels and lightguns which usually perform horrible outside their small niche of games.
---
If you feel scammed by a company but don't want to stop playing their games: Buy them used, it's the smart gamer's boycott method
#18Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 12:54:29 PM
That zangeki game sounds promising
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#19BuretsuPosted 1/9/2013 12:57:03 PM
I'm intrigued by these biometric controls or gameplay enhancements. Cautiously optimistic.

Biometric? Like that Vitality Sensor thing that Nintendo cancelled?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#20Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:58:05 PM

Biometric? Like that Vitality Sensor thing that Nintendo cancelled?

That was a very poor example, seeing as how you had to put your finger into it and couldn't control anything else.