Current State of Nintendo - who is to blame.

#1omniryuPosted 1/9/2013 6:49:53 PM
All of you. Before I go in to details of my answer. I want to explain their current state. It should be obvious to everybody that Nintendo isn't looking to hot in the media and is not popping like we were expecting. We heard negative attention to the specs, library, upcoming games,eShop, lack of online play for first party titles, operating system, system features, software attachment rate, and finally the fans. If you do not know what I am talking about, Google it.

Why did I say all of you? Well, for starters I'm including Nintendo, Us the fans, the media, and third party developers. Let me get started on Nintendo. Like it or not plenty of People do not feel Nintendo isn't trying hard enough to appeal to people with their online functionality. Before the typical NDF come in, We are NOT going to make this an online topic. Then there is the eShop, Games are barely advertised or updated on a weekly basis. We getting months old demos. Did you guys know The Wii U support DLC? No? Because Nintendo haven't advertise the games with DLC. It's been almost 2 months we have no new indie games, Why?

Third Party, I'm going to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. I do believe they went and pursue developer to push games on their platform. I had an weird feeling that Nintendo was always treated as the red-headed step child. Why release Mass Effect 3, which everybody have already instead of funding a port of Crysis 3? You know what happen greed. EA wanted them to throw out money like Microsoft would. Nintendo is getting the second class citizen.

And the worst of them all. YOU! Not the one who criticize Nintendo (although we need to slow down and find the real culprits of our critiques). We criticize Nintendo because we care? Why would we hang around this board if we didn't. I could give two damns about apple. Do you see me lurking around there No. but you guys believe everything is fine and dandy. Nintendo can do no wrong in your books. I even heard someone defend FRIEND CODES. You guys defend the areas Nintendo lack, but the minute it is added you guys praises it. But the worst part is the common theme I hear, "I only buy Nintendo platforms for Nintendo games." NOOOOO! Nintendo don't want that. They want you guys to buy their games on the Wii U. Why would Nintendo shell out millions for bayonetta or for EA to spit in their face and say, "no Crysis for U!"
You guys want be a Nintendo fans well buy third party games and Tell Nintendo step their damn game up. They're not perfect. We rant and cry for a reason. If nobody say something then **** won't get done. Call me a troll all you want. I do what I have to do.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#2goemon1977Posted 1/9/2013 6:55:22 PM
I really think that the Mii plaza should not be the start up screen for the Wii U, it needs to have notifications on what is new and available, and to give the idea that the Wii U online experience is growing every week.
---
Wii U ID goemon12677
#3omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:04:39 PM
Yea, new info isn't a high priority on the Wii U OS. It would be so much better if they had a news notifications somewhere on the menu or miiverse.
---
#4messhiaunedPosted 1/9/2013 7:06:47 PM
I think the mini plaza is great it just needs to be refined more. It should be customizable and you should be able to add more things to it kind of like nintendoland. It should also be updating all of the time. I'm not really sure how it decides which minis show up in the plaza but it needs to be more dynamic.
#5omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:40:24 PM
Bump.
---
#6RainingMetalPosted 1/10/2013 6:47:50 PM
Third Party developers are primarily to blame in my eyes. Companies like Rockstar Games and Bethesta only exist to pound Nintendo into the ground. I personally boycott all of their products in response.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8
Steam Account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964001631
#7-Damien-Posted 1/10/2013 7:34:14 PM
Nintendo.

they catered to casual and kiddies last generation and now they're paying the price
#8kdognumba1Posted 1/10/2013 7:50:02 PM
@TC

Gonna be honest here, while I agree with some of the points you made, you really made that entirely too long for the points you wanted to make.

Also, I noticed you didn't have a NNID in your sig, so I did a search for you on the Miiverse. Is your NNID not the same as your XBLA and PSN?
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#9omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 7:50:15 PM
Nintendo needs to get its name out of the mud. And at the same time, 3rd party developers needs to release their best titles for the U. Not to say the launch title are not the best, but they a late port, which is a little less appealing. With call of duty being a bit forgiven since it was a week later.
---
#10Warp_ZonePosted 1/10/2013 8:09:42 PM
omniryu posted...
All of you. Before I go in to details of my answer. I want to explain their current state. It should be obvious to everybody that Nintendo isn't looking to hot in the media and is not popping like we were expecting. We heard negative attention to the specs, library, upcoming games,eShop, lack of online play for first party titles, operating system, system features, software attachment rate, and finally the fans. If you do not know what I am talking about, Google it.

People can and will complain about anything. Of course, I'm no exception; I myself am disappointed with the upcoming games, and software attachment being objective rather than subjective is hard to argue against. However, not everyone cares for specs and plenty of people like the current library.

Let me get started on Nintendo. Like it or not plenty of People do not feel Nintendo isn't trying hard enough to appeal to people with their online functionality. Before the typical NDF come in, We are NOT going to make this an online topic. Then there is the eShop, Games are barely advertised or updated on a weekly basis. We getting months old demos. Did you guys know The Wii U support DLC? No? Because Nintendo haven't advertise the games with DLC. It's been almost 2 months we have no new indie games, Why?

Why do you say we shouldn't make this an online topic and then proceed to talk about the online? Everything you post is liable to discussion. Regardless, I feel you bring up good points here.

Third Party, I'm going to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. I do believe they went and pursue developer to push games on their platform. I had an weird feeling that Nintendo was always treated as the red-headed step child. Why release Mass Effect 3, which everybody have already instead of funding a port of Crysis 3? You know what happen greed. EA wanted them to throw out money like Microsoft would. Nintendo is getting the second class citizen.

Agreed.

And the worst of them all. YOU! Not the one who criticize Nintendo (although we need to slow down and find the real culprits of our critiques). We criticize Nintendo because we care? Why would we hang around this board if we didn't.

There are people that criticize Nintendo because they care (like you), and there are people who criticize for the sake of these stupid Console Wars. The latter hang around this board to mess with people.

but you guys believe everything is fine and dandy. Nintendo can do no wrong in your books. I even heard someone defend FRIEND CODES. You guys defend the areas Nintendo lack, but the minute it is added you guys praises it.

Anyone who defends friend codes is a fanboy. And that's basically what the rest of your post is describing: fanboys, Nintendrones, whatever you want to call them. There are plenty around this board, but there's also plenty of normal fans who admit the flaws of Nintendo and would also like to see them fixed. I doubt these fanboys really have much impact on Nintendo, to be honest; after all, if Nintendo actually listened to them, they'd probably be much further behind than they are now. Yes, fanboys are annoying. Just put them on your ignore list.

And to wrap it up with my opinion: you listed some good points. It'd be great to see Nintendo improve in some of its areas. But at the same time, I'm pretty happy with my Wii U:
Miiverse was relatively well-implemented
The eShop, while barren, is much better organized than the 3DS's
Usable friend system
The UPad is awesome

If Nintendo doesn't improve on those areas and third parties don't support more, well, that sucks. We'll just have to see what the future holds.
---
Currently playing: Sticker Star, NSMBU