Current State of Nintendo - who is to blame.

#31omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 9:23:42 PM
dennis941012 posted...
And the worst of them all. YOU! Not the one who criticize Nintendo (although we need to slow down and find the real culprits of our critiques). We criticize Nintendo because we care? Why would we hang around this board if we didn't. I could give two damns about apple. Do you see me lurking around there No. but you guys believe everything is fine and dandy. Nintendo can do no wrong in your books. I even heard someone defend FRIEND CODES. You guys defend the areas Nintendo lack, but the minute it is added you guys praises it. But the worst part is the common theme I hear, "I only buy Nintendo platforms for Nintendo games." NOOOOO! Nintendo don't want that. They want you guys to buy their games on the Wii U. Why would Nintendo shell out millions for bayonetta or for EA to spit in their face and say, "no Crysis for U!"
You guys want be a Nintendo fans well buy third party games and Tell Nintendo step their damn game up. They're not perfect. We rant and cry for a reason. If nobody say something then **** won't get done. Call me a troll all you want. I do what I have to do.

What is wrong with friendcode? sure its hassle to add people to play online but many games did not require friend code to play online.
Conduit and Medal of Honor for example >_> and I joined the board for Animal Crossing WII (I visited site before though) to join the community and because of frind cod.

and IT IS A NEW ****ING CONSOLE STOP GETTING INFLUENCED BY TROLLS
released game 90% of time looks worse then games that comes out later >_> performance wise WII U is fine especially for its price. If people are being performance hogs they never played PC games. Many dev also suggest wii u is more powerful then ps3 and 360 and people can't just utilize the new console yet...
all the 3rd party game skipping and dlc wait time is because GAME WAS NOT MADE FOR WII U. I rather wait for 3rd parties to actually work for games instead of porting it for quick bucks (ME3 for example)

Only problem I have with nintendo is there shop system where games get tied down to 1 system = can't share it with friends
and external hard drive having to format only for wii u

What's wrong with friend codes? Really?
You could of join animal crossing community without the friend codes!
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#32ElGadoPosted 1/12/2013 6:19:09 AM
omniryu posted...
All of you. Before I go in to details of my answer. I want to explain their current state. It should be obvious to everybody that Nintendo isn't looking to hot in the media and is not popping like we were expecting. We heard negative attention to the specs, library, upcoming games,eShop, lack of online play for first party titles, operating system, system features, software attachment rate, and finally the fans. If you do not know what I am talking about, Google it.

Why did I say all of you? Well, for starters I'm including Nintendo, Us the fans, the media, and third party developers. Let me get started on Nintendo. Like it or not plenty of People do not feel Nintendo isn't trying hard enough to appeal to people with their online functionality. Before the typical NDF come in, We are NOT going to make this an online topic. Then there is the eShop, Games are barely advertised or updated on a weekly basis. We getting months old demos. Did you guys know The Wii U support DLC? No? Because Nintendo haven't advertise the games with DLC. It's been almost 2 months we have no new indie games, Why?

Third Party, I'm going to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. I do believe they went and pursue developer to push games on their platform. I had an weird feeling that Nintendo was always treated as the red-headed step child. Why release Mass Effect 3, which everybody have already instead of funding a port of Crysis 3? You know what happen greed. EA wanted them to throw out money like Microsoft would. Nintendo is getting the second class citizen.

And the worst of them all. YOU! Not the one who criticize Nintendo (although we need to slow down and find the real culprits of our critiques). We criticize Nintendo because we care? Why would we hang around this board if we didn't. I could give two damns about apple. Do you see me lurking around there No. but you guys believe everything is fine and dandy. Nintendo can do no wrong in your books. I even heard someone defend FRIEND CODES. You guys defend the areas Nintendo lack, but the minute it is added you guys praises it. But the worst part is the common theme I hear, "I only buy Nintendo platforms for Nintendo games." NOOOOO! Nintendo don't want that. They want you guys to buy their games on the Wii U. Why would Nintendo shell out millions for bayonetta or for EA to spit in their face and say, "no Crysis for U!"
You guys want be a Nintendo fans well buy third party games and Tell Nintendo step their damn game up. They're not perfect. We rant and cry for a reason. If nobody say something then **** won't get done. Call me a troll all you want. I do what I have to do.

You were generally on the right path until the end part. Nintendo needs to revamp it's whole strategy. I think they need to go back to competing with the top dogs in graphics and stop shooting themselves in the foot. i.e. cartriges instead of discs, mini discs instead of regular discs, barren online...etc

They need to stop with the gimmicks and make better games.
#33Metal_MercenaryPosted 1/12/2013 6:51:59 AM
RainingMetal posted...
Third Party developers are primarily to blame in my eyes. Companies like Rockstar Games and Bethesta only exist to pound Nintendo into the ground. I personally boycott all of their products in response.

It's not Bethesda and Rockstar's fault that Nintendo don't have a half-decent platform for them to release their games on. Nobody could be arsed to downgrade their games and shoehorn motion controls into them just to release them on the Wii.
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3
#34Metal_MercenaryPosted 1/12/2013 6:53:31 AM
EazyERock posted...
ITT: insignificant individuals whose opinions dont mean anything write essays on why they are "unhappy with their Wideo Games" :(

Meanwhile, the actual Nintendo execs who get paid to care about such matters are enjoying a very good profit margin..

Who are you, their PR executive? I don't know why you're so happy about the CEOs' big profits - they're not going to share it with you I'm afraid.
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3
#35KAMMYqueenPosted 1/12/2013 7:19:11 AM
look this topic again
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#36IcedEarthaholicPosted 1/12/2013 8:00:43 AM
Well met TC, and I agree. I love my Wii U and I love Nintendo, but I hate NoA's stinky attitude towards gamers, refusal to publish all games published by Nintendo in other parts of the world, and all in all lagging behind the times with the rest of the world and their gross incompetence. I agree that they need to stop this nonsense and step up to the plate. And I can't stand it when the NDF steps up, in my books it is those of us whom can love a company and can point out faults of it, we are true Nintendo fans. The ones who unconditionally defend? They're not.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973