So... Why did the GameCube not do well?

#121Bahamut_10thPosted 1/10/2013 9:18:48 AM
There aren't even 10 good games on Gamecube that are exclusives.

Personally it's the one Nintendo console I truly see as garbage. Reason why I ended putting it away in favor of my PS2 that generation.
#122Sir_HaxorPosted 1/10/2013 9:23:22 AM
I keep seeing people post this "looks like a toy" nonsense. How come I never thought that? Heck if I told my parents that the GC broke and that I simply "broke one of my toys" they'd look at me like I was psychotic.

It must be nice to grow up super rich all the time where everything has the value of a simple toy.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#123excitebike64Posted 1/10/2013 9:27:14 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...

Personally it's the one Nintendo console I truly see as garbage. Reason why I ended putting it away in favor of my PS2 that generation.

Smash Bros Melee, Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Wind Waker, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Resident Evil 0, Fire Emblem, F-Zero... I can name others.
#124Bahamut_10thPosted 1/10/2013 9:29:46 AM
excitebike64 posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...

Smash Bros Melee, Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Wind Waker, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Resident Evil 0, Fire Emblem, F-Zero... I can name others.

Don't like Melee. Hated Double Dash, Sunshine and Strikers. Prefer Pikmin, Metroid and TP on the Wii. Don't like Fire Emblem and couldn't care less for F-Zero GX.

The GC versions of franchises disappointed me greatly. Paper Mario and Wind Waker being the only exceptions.
#125excitebike64Posted 1/10/2013 9:30:35 AM
The Gamecube had a handle. The controllers looked like toys vs the competition.
Not dissing the Gamecube, but it looked like a toy. The other two looked a lot more like consoles do to today.

Oh, and the Gamecube had a handle.
#126TerotrousPosted 1/10/2013 9:32:22 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...

There easily are 10 good exclusives if we allow first-party games, it's third-party exclusives of which it has virtually none.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#127Frozenx07Posted 1/10/2013 9:34:07 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...

Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
Resident Evil Zero
Metroid Prime
Super Smash Bros Melee
Killer 7
Eternal Darkness
Animal Crossing
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
---
Animal Crossing: City Folk
John Atlantis 0132-8718-5558
#128xxxxxnPosted 1/10/2013 9:35:25 AM
A lot of the main series games turned certain people off. Super Mario Sunshine turned people off because Mario wears a device on his back. Wind Waker turned people off because of the graphical style and how long it takes to sail between places. Star Fox Adventures turned people off because it wasn't a traditional Star Fox game and it was a Zelda clone. Although personally I think it's okay for a game to be similar to Zelda if its done correctly. Okami anyone?

Personally I liked all of the games mentioned above but that's just my personal taste.
#129Bahamut_10thPosted 1/10/2013 9:36:07 AM
If there were so many good first party exclusives no disc size or console design issues would have made it sell more poorly than the abominable Nintendo 64.

The Gamecube only had hardcore Nintendo fans for it.
#130PaladinrjaPosted 1/10/2013 9:37:50 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...

Whats this talk of exclusives? Only Sony did that, with MS following suit. Became a battle of who would pay most for titles. Anyone who thinks this trend was a good one, has got rocks in his head.
I reckon during the life of the PS2 I've bought 7 of the damn things. Thankfully, I've only ever had & still have 1 PS3. 7 PS2's though... They just break, don't know anyone who has had just one.
Considering the damn thing sold, what, 200 million units until Sony recently scrapped it. One has to wonder how many people ended up re-purchasing.