So... Why did the GameCube not do well?

#41P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/9/2013 8:13:28 PM
fawfulmark2 posted...
2 contributing factors were the different disc format and the rise of Online gaming, which Nintendo tried to avoid.

Online wasn't really a driving factor in Gen6, multimedia functions stood out more. That being said, The GCN didn't support multimedia but it did have online.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Trine2
#42Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/9/2013 8:13:46 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Xeeh, you should study up a bit before shooting off that much.

Your disagreement is rather extreme, so extreme you never even stated why I would be wrong.

Maybe you should learn to debate before responding.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#43Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/9/2013 8:14:59 PM
x23sephiroth23x posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
x23sephiroth23x posted...
werent the final sales numbers make the Gamecube in the middle xbox last and ps2 first?

No, Gamecube was last

well looking up the numbers the gamecube was indeed last, but it was really close with the xbox in sales, the Xbox only won by like less than 3 million sales so it wasnt an outright decimation for the gamecube

Yeah, it didn't win by much at all and the Gamecube had around 560k sales during its launch week as well, it started out real strong.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#44genlockPosted 1/9/2013 8:15:40 PM
Post SNES Nintendo stopped innovating in the same way. Their original titles suffered, they stopped catering to the consumer end model and began catering to their own ideology of what consumers should want.
---
Are we not drawn onward, we few? Drawn onward to new era?
#45P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 1/9/2013 8:16:38 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Your disagreement is rather extreme, so extreme you never even stated why I would be wrong.

I don't debate those looking for an unnecessary fight.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Trine2
#46Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/9/2013 8:23:06 PM(edited)
genlock posted...
Post SNES Nintendo stopped innovating in the same way. Their original titles suffered, they stopped catering to the consumer end model and began catering to their own ideology of what consumers should want.

Well, Nintendo always had controller design changes and what they thought would be useful but what I think happened with the direction of their consoles is, Microsoft and Sony entered the market, both companies had money to spend at the time and could release hardware at a loss to deliver a solid system where as Nintendo could not really take a loss of $120 per system sold and wait for 3rd party license fees, since they started losing them when they went cheap with the Nintendo 64 and stayed with carts instead of optical drive solutions as the other companies went with.

Err, other words they started with these gimmicks or new ways to play the game to make up for the lack of hardware to compete with the other consoles

---
#47Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/9/2013 8:23:59 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

I don't debate those looking for an unnecessary fight.

So other words, you're talking out of your ass.
---
#48Geminia999Posted 1/9/2013 8:40:32 PM
Were there really any games that needed 2 discs? I mean, the only one I know was Tales of Symphonia, but no other GC game I have seen has had 2 discs.
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#49Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/9/2013 8:43:09 PM(edited)
Geminia999 posted...
Were there really any games that needed 2 discs? I mean, the only one I know was Tales of Symphonia, but no other GC game I have seen has had 2 discs.

Resident Evil 4

a few others I can't think of off hand..

Edit:

Baten Kaitos
Baten Kaitos Origins
Conan: The Dark Axe (Europe only)
Enter the Matrix
Freaky Flyers
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Homeland (double checking with Wikipedia, it seems this is two disks)
Killer 7
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Resident Evil Zero
Ribbit King (this is only one disk in Europe though)
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Tales of Symphonia
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turltes 3: Mutant Nightmare
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
---
#50DavCubePosted 1/9/2013 8:45:27 PM
messhiauned posted...
Multiplats won't be a problem between ps4/720/wii u

Waaaaay too early to tell that.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube